Which Pilot watch next? Stowa T01 vs Alpina Startimer Manufacture vs Other
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Which Pilot watch next? Stowa T01 vs Alpina Startimer Manufacture vs Other

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Pilot watch next? Stowa T01 vs Alpina Startimer Manufacture vs Other

Dear Forum Friends,

I am updating my collection. I already have a Fortis Flieger Pro. And I really like the dial and its performance.
    But I am considering my options to upgrade my pilot watch too (whether should I replace my pilot watch or not). But I am not sure whether it worths. So I would like to hear your thoughts.

Curently I am thinking of Stowa T01 and Alpina Startimer Manufacture as an upgrade. Do you think it would be a worth upgrade if I replace my Fortis with Stowa or Alpina (Considering prices are same)? Or any better options out there (Not expensive more than 1500). Let your comments run and help me to hear your thoughts :)

Stowa T01: Top grade ETA, legible, unique design (Not sure since not an inhouse)

Name:  STOWA-Testaf-seite_forum.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  107.7 KB

Alpina Startimer Manufacture: Inhouse movement (Not sure since not very unique and I am not sure about its legibility)

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  107.1 KB

Or do you have any other suggestions that might be better options from these one in your opinion?

Here is the Fortis in my collection at the moment.

Name:  fortis.JPG
Size:  1.75 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by ergezen1; June 24th, 2018 at 09:51. Reason: picture is not well
    gossler and E8ArmyDiver like this.
    -----------------------------------
    Oris Aquis Small Seconds, Oris Artix Complication Moonphase, Oris 65 Silver, Ball Enterprise, Ball Fireman Nightbreaker, Ball Racer White-Blue, Sinn 556A, Edox Class 1 GMT Worldtimer, Alpina Extreme Diver 1000m, Fortis Flieger Pro, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern Slimline Square, Seiko Orange Monster SRP309, Orient Ray II, Seiko SKX007, Dan Henry 1970, Orient Bambino FAC00005W

Re: Which Pilot watch next? Stowa T01 vs Alpina Startimer Manufacture vs Other

Quote Originally Posted by ergezen1 View Post
    Dear Forum Friends,

I am updating my collection. I already have a Fortis Flieger Pro. And I really like the dial and its performance.
    But I am considering my options to upgrade my pilot watch too (whether should I replace my pilot watch or not). But I am not sure whether it worths. So I would like to hear your thoughts.

Curently I am thinking of Stowa T01 and Alpina Startimer Manufacture as an upgrade. Do you think it would be a worth upgrade if I replace my Fortis with Stowa or Alpina (Considering prices are same)? Or any better options out there (Not expensive more than 1500). Let your comments run and help me to hear your thoughts :)

Stowa T01: Top grade ETA, legible, unique design (Not sure since not an inhouse)

Name:  STOWA-Testaf-seite_forum.jpg
Size:  107.7 KB

Alpina Startimer Manufacture: Inhouse movement (Not sure since not very unique and I am not sure about its legibility)

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Size:  107.1 KB

Or do you have any other suggestions that might be better options from these one in your opinion?

Here is the Fortis in my collection at the moment.

Name:  fortis.JPG
Size:  1.75 MB
    I donít think either of those will match the Fortis for quality tbh
    ergezen1 and OhDark30 like this.

Do you have any watch in your mind that might be a better option?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I donít think either of those will match the Fortis for quality tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------
    Oris Aquis Small Seconds, Oris Artix Complication Moonphase, Oris 65 Silver, Ball Enterprise, Ball Fireman Nightbreaker, Ball Racer White-Blue, Sinn 556A, Edox Class 1 GMT Worldtimer, Alpina Extreme Diver 1000m, Fortis Flieger Pro, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern Slimline Square, Seiko Orange Monster SRP309, Orient Ray II, Seiko SKX007, Dan Henry 1970, Orient Bambino FAC00005W

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ergezen1 View Post
    Do you have any watch in your mind that might be a better option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perhaps Sinn or even Damasko. Taste is personal and so many models to choose from so Iím sure you will see one you like. Quality unquestionable though.
    ergezen1 likes this.

I own the Startimer Pilot Manufacture and have handled the Fortis. What I can say is that the Alpina is an excellent watch - I prefer it to the Fortis. The movement has been reliable and accurate. The dial finishing is impressive - superior to the Stowa and Fortis. The crown action is one of the stiffest, most solid I've felt in any watch. It's a big hunk of metal but you can feel the quality. IMO Alpina is an underrated brand. Their watches tend to be HUGE (too big, really) but the QPR is off the charts.

Name:  IMG_3931.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  2.59 MB
    ergezen1 and MrDagon007 like this.

Well, Damasko offers some true engineering features even in their basic watches, not least of which that they are difficult to scratch. These can be considered as modern pilotish watches.
    Check the DA 3x models with a standard bezel and the DA4x models with a high quality rotating bezel, the DA44 is a formidable alternative to the T01 for example.
    The entry level Sinn watches donít offer their own engineering features, but it must be said that the 104 is an incredibly pretty pilot watch.
    ergezen1 likes this.

No doubt the case, anti-shock, anti-magnetic tech in the Damasko blows away the Fortis and Alpina.
    ergezen1 likes this.

Specifically the crown (4 patents) on the damasko is an engineering triumph. Most satisfying to use of any watch Iíve tried, yes including Rolex.
    ergezen1 and LosAngelesTimer like this.

Well, if were going to roll out the big guns Damasko is the leader of the pack no contest but out of the two you’ve listed I can feel the Stowa love coming on.

I’m not sure either are an upgrade to the Fortis, I think they’re underrated, especially the Flieger Pro. I prefer the Verus 40 if I’m buying a Stowa but not sure it’s better than the Fortis and Alpina isn’t either, IMO.

I’ve owned the Sinn 104 in white and the Damasko DA38 is next on my list. The 104 is very highly polished and leans toward the dressy side, this isn’t a bad thing but you should know that going in, none of the Sinn tech but it is beautiful.
    Name:  AA2FC997-25B3-433E-83B2-38CA39EE3E59.jpeg
Size:  1.26 MB

I’d wait until I found the right one and I’m not sure you have yet. The Fortis is very nice and it should take an exceptional watch to replace it.
    ergezen1 and OhDark30 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information