Quick Pictorial Review of the Silver Watch Co Archetype One Maxi Dial with Ghosted Ceramic Bezel
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Quick Pictorial Review of the Silver Watch Co Archetype One Maxi Dial with Ghosted Ceramic Bezel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Pictorial Review of the Silver Watch Co Archetype One Maxi Dial with Ghosted Ceramic Bezel

I'm going to be very brief with this review because @sriracha did a fantastic review of the same model I have for review. It can be found here.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/si...y-4839437.html

And @jguitron did a review of the serif dial with aluminum bezel and that can be found here

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/re...o-4841657.html

I can't take pictures as good as @sriracha (and I tend to agree with his commentary) and I have no where near the knowledge of @jguitron so I will minimize my review to showing the watch on a variety of straps and a short executive summary of my thoughts. Seriously check out their reviews.

Summary of my thoughts:

This is a great watch. The build quality is better than Steinhart. Probably on par with the Squale 30 Atmos I used to have. There will be no qualms about the value for $. The integration of the glass, bezel, and case is spectacular. The one thing that is hard to see from pics is that the glass IS NOT a boxed crystal that so many micros use for their vintage designs. I'll be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of that style of glass on most watches. I prefer the gently domed look of vintage acrylic. The good news here is that the glass on the Silver A1 is a hybrid of the 2. It has an abruptly curved edge that continues to a gently domed center. It does a good job of mimicking the old acrylic look. To me the watch wears slightly smaller than specs indicate. I'll take a picture next to a Hamilton Hack and an SKX to give you a sense of scale. If you are planning on using thick leather or canvas I would reccommend getting some curved spring bars. The lugs holes are a bit close to the case. Natos fit no problem but my canvas strap took a little work. The true no-date movement is a nice touch. Also from pics I have seen and handling the prototype, I think the Ceramic bezel is the way to go! Now on to the pics! I may add some more thoughts here as I think if it.

This is THE milsub homage to have!

Name:  20181130_162945-01.jpeg
Views: 726
Size:  2.86 MBName:  20181130_170534.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  2.23 MBName:  20181130_170606.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  1.71 MBName:  20181130_174314-01.jpeg
Views: 519
Size:  136.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20181204_112702_996.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  916.2 KB

Name:  20181204_100411-01.jpeg
Views: 730
Size:  2.49 MB

Name:  IMG_20181204_095020_600.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  1,015.9 KB

Name:  20181204_093542-01-02.jpeg
Views: 751
Size:  1.80 MB

Name:  LRM_EXPORT_10478685105374_20181204_104814143.jpeg
Views: 709
Size:  3.07 MB

Name:  20181204_100555-01.jpeg
Views: 687
Size:  2.93 MB

Name:  20181204_093444-02-01.jpeg
Views: 734
Size:  1.55 MB

This is a 19mm The Watch Steward Strap
    Name:  0412-2018-125596615290116015466.jpeg
Views: 689
Size:  2.27 MB
    Last edited by valuewatchguy; December 4th, 2018 at 19:32.
    SOLD & SHIPPED
    Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN040

IG: ikeepgoodtime

Re: Quick Pictorial Review of the Silver Watch Co Archetype One Maxi Dial with Ghosted Ceramic Bezel

Fantastic pictures and great insight!

I have to second your mention of the crystal. I had to give it a second look as it really was domes like an acrylic crystal and had to double check it’s not.

The richness of the black dial is also something to point out. Really fantastic! I wasn’t aware until recently that SWC partnered with MWW (I’m not aware to what degree) and the dial is one of the results of the collaboration. No surprise there

Great combos as well.

Great review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Quick Pictorial Review of the Silver Watch Co Archetype One Maxi Dial with Ghosted Ceramic Bezel

Quote Originally Posted by Jguitron View Post
    Fantastic pictures and great insight!

I have to second your mention of the crystal. I had to give it a second look as it really was domes like an acrylic crystal and had to double check it’s not.

The richness of the black dial is also something to point out. Really fantastic! I wasn’t aware until recently that SWC partnered with MWW (I’m not aware to what degree) and the dial is one of the results of the collaboration. No surprise there

Great combos as well.

Great review!!

MWW is offering OEM services. Not sure exactly what that means but I'm sure it has something to do with connecting new brands with his established supply chain partners to get their new release out the door with the least hassles. The black on the Archetype One reminds me a lot of the No. 4 dial from Manchester Watch works. It wouldn't surprise me if they used the same color. It is so deep black and glossy! Seems to suck in light!

Thanks for the kind words!
    SOLD & SHIPPED

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    If you are planning on using thick leather or canvas I would reccommend getting some curved spring bars. The lugs holes are a bit close to the case. Natos fit no problem but my canvas strap took a little work.
    Please let me note here, that this is more or less the same on the analogous Rolex cases. So the homage aspect is fulfilled here also.

Cheers!
    Bernd
    valuewatchguy likes this.

A small red dot in Asia on the Earth's equator.

Great job, to VWG, in doing the short and sweet review, with nice pics.
    Timex | Casio | Fellman | Invicta | Rodina | Glycine | Bulova | Leyden | Richard Legrand | Hamtun | Victorinox | Fifty Four | Dan Henry | Deaumar | Tiger Concept | Tisell | Scurfa | Helgray | Nezumi | Seiko | Vratislavia Conceptum | Manchester Watch Works | Orient | Borealis | Aevig | Citizen | Steinhart | Nth | Armida | Ball | Rolex

Nice review! Cool to see all these different shots of the same watch. And it looks fantastic in all of em

"No ice in my drink, got enough in my watch..." -Juicy J

Thanks for all the shots on straps! This watch is going to belong on a nato.

Did they not provide you with their seatbelt nato? Wondering how that is.

Beautiful strap shots. Love that gray/white Nato.
    Appreciated!

Nice pics in your review!

If the Silver Watch Company ever decides to make a 42 mm version, I'll be in for one

Name:  LRM_EXPORT_60909305584257_20181206_102845606.jpeg
Views: 610
Size:  1.54 MB
    thejollywatcher and Avo like this.
    SOLD & SHIPPED

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information