Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926? - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    80

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    I own the invicta, has been great for two years. Had it repaired after an "accident" through the 5 year warranty. came back fixed and polished in less time than they said. Personally, because of My personal experience, I would rather have the invicta with the warranty than the seiko without. And I have heard that some of the seiko bracelets are folded and in that case the invicta bracelet ismuch better. Though I think there are pros and cons to each so in the end...six of one..half a dozen of the other........

  2. #12
    Moderator leewmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    I don't have the Seiko diver you're asking about but I've owned an 8926 for a couple of years now. As Ken said, it's one that Invicta got right. In fact, it's the one that brought many of us to this forum and sparked the WIS flame. There are many things to like about the 8926 and not much to dislike (we're talking about the watch, not the manufacturer, marketing, or service department here).

    You asked about the bracelet and the one on the Invicta is top notch; really heavy and sturdy with solid links. Overall, the 8926 and it's cousins with different dial colors, etc. are quite a bargain. You get a lot of watch for the money.

    In the end, though, choose the one that you like the best; it's going on your wrist, after all.

    Happy shopping and keep us updated.
    hoss likes this.
    Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

    What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    464

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    It says the bezel is Bi-directional in the desription. The Seiko diver I owned was uni-directional. Also it is a 180 click bezel and I believe the Invicta is only 60, so the seiko feels smoother because there are more clicks. I can tell you that the band in the pic looks like the folded link style which is really a negative aspect of the Seiko watches. The case and watch itself are solid but you will have to get a new band for it as long as you do not mind paying extra for a band then get tha seiko....I have no experience with the Invicta 8926, but from what I read the band is really stout and it is powerd by a Miyota movt, so it really comes down to whether you want to have to buy a new bracelet or not I guess...

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member KenC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,371

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcubed View Post
    I own the invicta, has been great for two years. Had it repaired after an "accident" through the 5 year warranty. came back fixed and polished in less time than they said. Personally, because of My personal experience, I would rather have the invicta with the warranty than the seiko without. And I have heard that some of the seiko bracelets are folded and in that case the invicta bracelet ismuch better. Though I think there are pros and cons to each so in the end...six of one..half a dozen of the other........
    Folded link bracelets, to the best of my knowledge, come only on the VERY affordable Seiko 5 models....usually at a street price less than $50.

    This link from BlueDial states SOLID Link SS Bracelet: http://www.bluedial.com/SKX031K2.htm

    Several sites on ebay have it at Buy-It-Now for $99 and up.
    Last edited by KenC; November 1st, 2006 at 18:06.
    "Find the little bastards......and then pile on!" Maj Gen George S Patton IV



    Honored & Proud Member, "G5" (Disdained by the intellectually dishonest!)

  6. #15
    Member KenC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,371

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    Quote Originally Posted by leewmeister View Post
    I don't have the Seiko diver you're asking about but I've owned an 8926 for a couple of years now. As Ken said, it's one that Invicta got right. In fact, it's the one that brought many of us to this forum and sparked the WIS flame. There are many things to like about the 8926 and not much to dislike (we're talking about the watch, not the manufacturer, marketing, or service department here).

    You asked about the bracelet and the one on the Invicta is top notch; really heavy and sturdy with solid links. Overall, the 8926 and it's cousins with different dial colors, etc. are quite a bargain. You get a lot of watch for the money.

    In the end, though, choose the one that you like the best; it's going on your wrist, after all.

    Happy shopping and keep us updated.
    Agreed!
    "Find the little bastards......and then pile on!" Maj Gen George S Patton IV



    Honored & Proud Member, "G5" (Disdained by the intellectually dishonest!)

  7. #16
    Member PowerEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    19

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    You guys have been great, I'm actually fairly impressed in how friendly and responsive everyone has been on this forum so far. I went ahead and had my girlfriend pull the trigger on the Invicta for my birthday. I took every aspect that you guys said into play and came to the conclusion that the band on the Seiko would not rival that of the Invicta, the Invicta allows me to hand wind, and the fact that I for some odd reason thought the Invicta looked more professional (business oriented) whereas the Seiko with the coin bevel looked more real-world diver oreinted (maybe its in my head).

    Thanks again!
    Last edited by PowerEdge; November 1st, 2006 at 18:09.

  8. #17
    Moderator leewmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    Congrats, I'm sure you'll be impressed with the watch. Hope it arrives by your birthday!
    Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

    What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

  9. #18
    Moderator leewmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    The Amazon link he posted definitely shows a folded link bracelet.
    Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

    What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

  10. #19
    Member ISAIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    735

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    Quote Originally Posted by leewmeister View Post
    Congrats, I'm sure you'll be impressed with the watch. Hope it arrives by your birthday!
    I agree! When I opened the box and pulled out my first Invicta, I said: "Wow! I only paid $100 for this!"
    hoss likes this.
    Todd H
    "Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day..." - Pink Floyd
    Disclaimer: The contents of this post are solely the well-meant ramblings of its author, and any resemblance to fact, intelligent thought, or even educated opinion is purely coincidental.

    Keepers: Omega Seamster Pro, Fortis B-42, Eterna Super Kontiki, Ball DM1012B, DJR Chronoscope, Ocean7 LM-1LE, Seiko 6105, Seiko SKZ214

  11. #20
    Member Radio_Daze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central England.
    Posts
    3,058

    Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

    If I remember rightly, the Seiko does have a folded plate bracelet, not solid. But it was thick plate, so I don't think you would ever need to replace it. It also has a uni-diectional bezel.
    The bracelet on a Seiko 007 diver is a different story, I think that bracelet is really poor compared to the Watch. It is made from relatively thin plate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. New Invicta 8926... Feedback?
      By plyons10 in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: March 21st, 2006, 22:25
    2. Replies: 2
      Last Post: February 14th, 2006, 05:19

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •