Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926? - Page 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

Good luck with your Invicta! B-)
    I have the 8926, it was my second automatic and is in regular rotation for work. It looks good with both a shirt and tie and a t-shirt and blue jeans. I have a number of Seiko 200m auto divers and love them but I wouldn't wear them with a suit.

I know it wasn't mentioned, but Orient makes some awesome 200m auto divers that look very classy on a bracelet. They are another great value for the money. When you get the Invicta you may be tempted to join the madness...err, WISdom of the group. It is like eating potato chips, you can't just have one!!! :-D

Best regards,
    Griff

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEdge View Post
    You guys have been great, I'm actually fairly impressed in how friendly and responsive everyone has been on this forum so far. I went ahead and had my girlfriend pull the trigger on the Invicta for my birthday. I took every aspect that you guys said into play and came to the conclusion that the band on the Seiko would not rival that of the Invicta, the Invicta allows me to hand wind, and the fact that I for some odd reason thought the Invicta looked more professional (business oriented) whereas the Seiko with the coin bevel looked more real-world diver oreinted (maybe its in my head).

Thanks again!
    Solid reasoning!
    Hope it turns out great for you and we also hope you'll continue visiting WUS and Affordables
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Re: tell ya what i just bought both

If someone can help me figure out to downsize my pile i will post them together file size 1.6 mb. I say get the invicta 8926a a great watch you wont be disapointed. I paid $67.49 with free shipping from amazon plus $30 off that for the visa not bad. I owned the original 8926 coin edge which is more dressy and flashy, i prefer the scaloped bezel and its less money go figure. Just be sure to screw down the crown before washing the dog and yours will last. MY REVIEW I belive the Orange Monster is a better watch in every catagory better movement longer running, but heavier and twice the price now. These just happen to be the two best values going.
    Last edited by wrangler; November 2nd, 2006 at 07:39.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: tell ya what i just bought both

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler View Post
    If someone can help me figure out to downsize my pile i will post them together file size 1.6 mb. I say get the invicta 8926a a great watch you wont be disapointed. I paid $67.49 with free shipping from amazon plus $30 off that for the visa not bad.
    Everyone is absolutely right, this has begun an addiction. I almost decided to purchase the Seiko myself, but thought I was getting *watch Greedy. My girlfriend also purchased the Invicta from amazon, but for $74 dollars after upgrading the shipping to 2 day for me (she knew I was getting antsy and bless her heart decided to give me the watch early). I am assuming you meant pictures when you said pile, if so then I wold recommend downloading this software by HP to fairly simply change the image size. I have no problem downsizing the images for you, just shoot me the pictures in a email to [email protected] .

I looked into the Orient brand of watches and also feel a weakness there for their blue faced automatic diver. I'm a little scared for the holiday season.

Thanks again for the feeback everyone!

Got my watch, now obviously I'm new to waches, but I'm fairly amazed at what you get for the price. Had a hard time getting the pins out of the wrist band and had to eventually bring it into a jeweler who had a link removal tool (who took the links out for free, I tipped her though).

Now,

Maybe you guys can give me some opinions with a old Nautica watch I have. I need a new battery in it, but it has a back similar to the one on Invicta. I don't have that tool to remove it, but am curious if a local jeweler would have it, or do I need to send it away to nautica for $20 to get the battery fixed? I would like to find a cheaper route if possible, unless this is the going rate? I have found battery cover removers online, but am curious if it is not a good route to change the battery yourself? (maybe I'll ruin the seal?). If you guys can give me any kind of recommendations that would be great.

Thanks!

A watch repair replace or jeweler oughta do it for under $10.
    Todd H
    "Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day..." - Pink Floyd
    Disclaimer: The contents of this post are solely the well-meant ramblings of its author, and any resemblance to fact, intelligent thought, or even educated opinion is purely coincidental.

Keepers: Omega Seamster Pro, Fortis B-42, Eterna Super Kontiki, Ball DM1012B, DJR Chronoscope, Ocean7 LM-1LE, Seiko 6105, Seiko SKZ214

OK so I realise that this is resurrecting an old thread but a the beginning of this year I went through sort of the same conundrum, Seiko for over £100 or Invicta for less than £100. Now since the original thread things have changed a bit. The Invicta now has a Seiko movement the NH35, which is a similar if not better than many of the Seiko Divers. The Invicta does have a full screw down crown, which as a Divers Watch for a Diver is pretty much mandatory. Yes some Seiko Divers, the 'proper ones' have a screw down crown and 200metre water resistance but by then they cost a whole load more.

So my decision was to go for the Invicta, actually the 8927, which as you may know is an 8926 with a bit of PVD gold bling! But in my defence Amazon UK were selling it for less than the 8926, and I am a bit of a tart for a bit of bling and don't give a damn! Also probably this watch will never get wet near a wetsuit. Most divers don't wear watches these days as a dive computer is much, much better. If I get the urge to buy another diver in the near future, I would probably either get a Quartz Invicta for the convenience or an Orient as I love the difference, but then again I am fickle, so I might just use my 35 year old Seiko Sports 100 Quartz................

Best regards
    kinglee likes this.
    Retired!! W O R K is a four letter word!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by leewmeister View Post
    I don't have the Seiko diver you're asking about but I've owned an 8926 for a couple of years now. As Ken said, it's one that Invicta got right. In fact, it's the one that brought many of us to this forum and sparked the WIS flame. There are many things to like about the 8926 and not much to dislike (we're talking about the watch, not the manufacturer, marketing, or service department here).

You asked about the bracelet and the one on the Invicta is top notch; really heavy and sturdy with solid links. Overall, the 8926 and it's cousins with different dial colors, etc. are quite a bargain. You get a lot of watch for the money.

In the end, though, choose the one that you like the best; it's going on your wrist, after all.

Happy shopping and keep us updated.
    I own the 8926OB which is the newer 8926 model that's the Rolex look alike and I love it. It's very accurate and looks much nicer that the Seiko SKX013K2. I bought the SKX013 for my wife and it gains +20 seconds every 24 hours. However, my Invicta 8926 only gains 2" to 4" seconds every 24 hours.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information