Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

Birthday in 23 days, and I need to decide which watch I'm going to ask for.

I'm leaning towards asking for the following black dive watches:

Invicta Automatic Dive 8926

or

Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2

I am currently concerned with differences of durability (longevity-crystal,band,material) and comparisons of the quality of the band in particular, but any feedback on either would be much appreciated. Right now I think I want the Seiko because of the longer warranty and it's a more customer service friendly company.

Thanks!
    Last edited by PowerEdge; November 1st, 2006 at 05:22.

Re: Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?

Seiko

If for no other reason I would opt for the Seiko simply because it's not an Invicta.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Its all in what you want to spend. The Invicta is basically half the price and has a citizen Miyota movement that is well built and probably more accurate and you can fully wind it. The Seiko is a nice watch but cannot be wound and that movement tends to race forward when winding with the arcing hand movement. Seiko CS is most likely a better entity as many have complained about Invicta's CS. I have no knowledge of this myself since neither of my Invicta's have had a problem. The Seiko bezel movement is also much smoother, this is a plus if you really use it while diving or timing things. If not then its not a big deal.

Just a thought,

D

Quote Originally Posted by DP02SS View Post
    Its all in what you want to spend. The Invicta is basically half the price and has a citizen Miyota movement that is well built and probably more accurate and you can fully wind it. The Seiko is a nice watch but cannot be wound and that movement tends to race forward when winding with the arcing hand movement. Seiko CS is most likely a better entity as many have complained about Invicta's CS. I have no knowledge of this myself since neither of my Invicta's have had a problem. The Seiko bezel movement is also much smoother, this is a plus if you really use it while diving or timing things. If not then its not a big deal.

Just a thought,

D
    I had not known about the ability to fully wind, I'll admit im still new to watches, and this sounds important. I also would have never imagined the Invicta would keep time more accurately.

Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEdge View Post
    I had not known about the ability to fully wind, I'll admit im still new to watches, and this sounds important. I also would have never imagined the Invicta would keep time more accurately.

Thanks for the input
    "fully wind"? I think DP02SS meant to say "hand wind."

I was willing to spend the extra 60 bucks for the Seiko, but it's sounding like if I want a more accurate watch it would be in my best interest to go with the Invicta now?

Accuracy is definately of importance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEdge View Post
    I was willing to spend the extra 60 bucks for the Seiko, but it's sounding like if I want a more accurate watch it would be in my best interest to go with the Invicta now?

Accuracy is definately of importance to me.
    I own 3 Invictas and several (7 - I think) Seikos. Both are good watches for the price. Don't let accuracy influence you much. You're talking about a difference of a couple (maybe a few) seconds a day.

I check the accuracy of my watches from time to time just for fun. I'll set a couple to the www.time.gov website, and check them a week or so later. Currently the most accurate I own is a 20 year old Seiko diver, with a Citizen and Citizen powered Invicta close behind. It varies a little depending on wrist time vs. winder time. At the end of a week there is less than a minute difference between them.

If accuracy is really important to you, get a quartz watch. If you like the idea of the mechanical movement, get whichever of these watches you like the looks of the best, and you'll probably be happy.

My $.02
    Todd H
    "Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day..." - Pink Floyd
    Disclaimer: The contents of this post are solely the well-meant ramblings of its author, and any resemblance to fact, intelligent thought, or even educated opinion is purely coincidental.

Keepers: Omega Seamster Pro, Fortis B-42, Eterna Super Kontiki, Ball DM1012B, DJR Chronoscope, Ocean7 LM-1LE, Seiko 6105, Seiko SKZ214

You can pick up the Seiko on eBay for under $100 if you are prepared to do without the guarantee.

I picked one up on there last year. Very nice quality look and feel to it.

Can't comment on the Invicta, never owned one. Thinking of getting one from Amazon though, due to the low price.

While the 8926 is one of the few watches that Invicta got right, for me, it would be a "no contest" vote for Seiko. Even an ebay Seiko with no warranty is better than a "not worth the paper it's written on" 5 year warranty from Invicta.

To me, the hand-winding is a non-issue. Seiko automatically winds bi-directionally in a quick and efficient manner. Also, hacking is not an issue with me either. You can simulate hacking with the slightest application of back pressure and, if I wanted that much accuracy, I'd buy a "soul-less"quartz or "atomic" watch! jmho!
    "Find the little bastards......and then pile on!" Maj Gen George S Patton IV

Honored & Proud Member, "G5" (Disdained by the intellectually dishonest!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information