Shortest time you have owned a watch
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Shortest time you have owned a watch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Shortest time you have owned a watch

I am positive there are those of you that can beet this, but please don't include any watches you have intentionally bought to sell. Only 19 days ago I had a slot in my watch box for a diver. I had done some research, and everything indicated the Phoibos 300m quartz diver is an absolute steal. I ordered one from Amazon, who had it on offer for £100 inclusive of postage. Indeed, it is remarkable value for money. Sapphire crystal, 316L stainless case and quality bracelet. The watch has a Ronda quartz movement, excellent bezel, and brilliant lume. All that said, it just didn't excite me. However, it was my genuine intention to keep it. Today I made the big mistake of looking on eBay, and up for sale was a brand new Heimdallr/Sharkey Sea Shephard. It's very rare that Sharkey watches come up for sale in the UK, and as I already own the Turtle, I know how good the watches are. In short, I knew if I could sell the Phoibos quickly and buy the Sharkey, my additional outlay would be minimal. Bingo, I did it. I have pictured the watch below, but would love to hear your stories...........

Name:  sea shephar4d.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  284.3 KB
    Zzyzx, Synequano and khronolektur like this.
    When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading

Re: Shortest time you have owned a watch

Zzyzx likes this.
    Current Collection: / Oris 65 Diver 40mm / Eterna1960 Dress Watch / Seiko SRPC41 Mini Turtle PADI / Helson Shark Diver 38mm Titanium / NTH Nacken Modern Black /

WPAC Member #01

Less than 15 minutes. I unboxed a Seiko Tuna SBBN017, tried it on and repacked it and sold it within 24 hours. This was 3 years ago. Another classic Seiko diver, a SBDX001 was purchased by me earlier in 2019, worn for 50 plus days straight and then sold. I can’t truly explain either with much rational thought, they just happened.
    noregrets, Zzyzx, cortman and 2 others like this.
    MIKE

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

White dialed pilot from HMT....

Stuck it on ebay 2 weeks later.
    Zzyzx and Synequano like this.

Double post.... Bleedin forum.
    Zzyzx likes this.

This Pulsar. Wanted a Seiko with 7t62 movement, interested in a tonneau case watch, too. Turns out to be not the combo I was looking for. Got it very cheap, unboxed it, let it sit overnight, listed it the next day. Took a while to sell and I lost money on it (less than US$20, which represented a nearly 40% loss on the deal). Basically, with everything going on with the dial and no lume, it was nearly unreadable, day or night.

Name:  20191007_104754.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  1.58 MB
    Zzyzx, brandon\ and Synequano like this.
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

I bought an SKX013 thinking I needed a 38mm version because until that point I'd always preferred smaller watches.

I wore it for a day and it went back in the box. Bought a 007 less than 24 hours later, and it's one of my favorite watches.
    Zzyzx and Synequano like this.
    Casio DW5600E; Invicta 9094OB; Rodina R005; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex T20041, T2H281, TW2R38000; Vostok 420059

Quote Originally Posted by AC81 View Post
    White dialed pilot from HMT....

Stuck it on ebay 2 weeks later.
    Pah! I can beat that with a Steinhart 39mm gmt (pepsi), had it for two hours and put it on ebay.....
    brandon\ and Synequano like this.
    Current Collection: / Oris 65 Diver 40mm / Eterna1960 Dress Watch / Seiko SRPC41 Mini Turtle PADI / Helson Shark Diver 38mm Titanium / NTH Nacken Modern Black /

WPAC Member #01

I bought a squale last year and put it up for sale here and on eBay within 2 hours of receiving it. Took a few days to sell though
    Founder - Society for Cyclopophobia
    Charter member - No-date Mafia

About 30 mins from the time I took receipt of the watch to the time that I sold it. Probably about 16 hours total by the time I dropped it in the mail the next morning.
    Perdendosi likes this.
    "10:08:37"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information