Show me something racy!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Show me something racy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Show me something racy!

As in car racing.....no bigger than 45mm, winder or quartz is ok, as it'll be all about the style and not the movement.

Had my heart broken last year by a watch on the f-1 site that was too big.

Christopher Ward has a pretty cool blue stripe, but I dont think I would wear it enough.

So what's out there for the go-fast crowd?

Re: Show me something racy!

How about one of these?

I reviewed one awhile back, it is a nice watch. Check the Reviews section out.

I have this too:

The Tissot T-Race line is a natural for a racy look - and there are lots of styles to choose from. Oris F1, as well - always a favorite racing watch.

If you're looking for something really out of the ordinary, though, the other day I was on the World Superbike site, and noticed they have some watches. The company that makes them is an Italian manufacturer I've never heard of, Quarto Di Miglio, and they have some pretty wild race designs. Some pics from their website:

They got more, and all of their stuff is race-inspired. The only problem is - I have absolutely no clue where to get them...Obviously they are available in Europe, if that is where you are, but I couldn't tell you where to get them in the U.S. I'd like to find a place, actually - they are probably a little loud for me, but they have a really cool SBK one that I'd make an exception for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You can't get any racier(?) than the Tag Heuer Monaco:

Name:  tagheuermonacovintage.jpg
Views: 4492
Size:  97.8 KB

Name:  tag1.jpg
Views: 139885
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  ta2.jpg
Views: 5059
Size:  53.0 KB

Wink Re: Show me something racy!

If you're into brands, browse the bay, you may find interesting things…

I got this Alfa Romeo watch myself…

to match the car

Currently on a rally strap

I've seen Porsche, BMW and AUDI watches… probably other brands too…
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Orient has a bunch. Not my thing personally, design-wise, but I know the movements are excellent. If you are in North America you can go to OrientUSA and here are two from that page:
    Attached Images Attached Images

curiousMan likes this.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

Orient does have some nice racers. All you ever hear about are divers, but I think these guys should get more attention. I really like the look of the CEZ05001B.

Some pretty good ideas here, thanks everybody. Though I may need a get rich quick scheme to finance a Monaco. I really like the 2nd image from bootzilla, but sourcing 1 in the USA may be tough.

Cool Re: Show me something racy!

Seiko 5 Motorsports, model SNZH69K. I LOVE it.

It has this understated look to it. At a distance it looks like a cool military style fashion watch. But when you get closer, the thing comes alive with detail from the speedometer inspired hour markers and chapter ring, the subtle tire pattern on the inner dial, red second hand, the unique grooves around the case that make it look like a piston from a car's engine, red striped crown, all the way down to the cool sporty rubber strap. It's just a cohesive design IMO, that I never get tired of wearing and looking at it from all angles. And even better yet, I picked it up for a song, sub $150.00.

The guys on Yeoman's watch blogged dubbed it "The Piston" due to the case's body looking like a piston.

(Here's the link to Yeoman's review of the watch Seiko 5 Motor Sports – SNZH69K « Yeoman's Watch Review)

I personally prefer the nick, "Gran Turismo" myself because it just oozes the whole japanese motorsports vibe from the PlayStation videogame fame.

The only con it has is the lume. The hour markers are not lumed. Only the markers at the 12, 6, and 9 are lumed. I think sometime this year I'm going to send it off to get the hour markers lumed. Once that's done, I'd say for me it will be the perfect "motorsports" watch.

Here's a couple pics (It's 42MM across the bezel and 43MM at the base due to the unique case design)

Last edited by ZASKAR36; March 4th, 2011 at 23:31.

Have you considered Casio? I just got a Casio Edifice EFA119 (my very first edifice watch). Very sporty looking.

Thread with pics on the Casio G-shock group:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...ch-510556.html
    Ghobbit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information