SOTC, a glimpse into my madness
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: SOTC, a glimpse into my madness

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SOTC, a glimpse into my madness

30th March 2014 is the day I mark when I got bit by the Horology bug. In reality it is the day I finally registered on WUS forums after lurking for almost three months before that, the bug had already taken hold a few weeks prior.

I am sure some of you must have heard the story of how I got into it, and if not here it is in short form -
    I had recently got a friend to book my spot on the WUS HMT White Pilot/Blue Hands run just out of curiosity. My only watch prior to that was a Swiss Legend Commander I purchased way back in 2010 from my first paycheck. Anyway, the HMT worth $25 arrived and I was reading what people had to say about the watch and movement when someone posted a Hublot worth $24000. Needless to say I was left speechless for a second and then I wanted to find out what was the difference between the two watches and why the price difference. I began reading on WUS and a few months later I was so far down the rabbit hole that I didn't remember a life I which this hobby wasn't a factor.

Coming back to the present, I was supposed to do this post on the 30th of March 2019 but life got in the way. Since taking these pictures I have also had the profound realisation that I was buying for the sake of buying, to accumulate for bragging rights, and I wasn't giving each of my watches sufficient time. Now I have decided to markedly shake up the collection and change my habits. The plan is to reduce the collection load to a more manageable number, maybe take the collection upwards in brand and monetary value than just numbers. Well, better late than never.

Let the pictures do the talking!

Sent from my Cybernetic Implant

Re: SOTC, a glimpse into my madness

Nice collection!

And I'm trying to cut down to ten because I think fifteen is too many.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix844884 View Post
    30th March 2014 is the day I mark when I got bit by the Horology bug. In reality it is the day I finally registered on WUS forums after lurking for almost three months before that, the bug had already taken hold a few weeks prior.

I am sure some of you must have heard the story of how I got into it, and if not here it is in short form -
    I had recently got a friend to book my spot on the WUS HMT White Pilot/Blue Hands run just out of curiosity. My only watch prior to that was a Swiss Legend Commander I purchased way back in 2010 from my first paycheck. Anyway, the HMT worth $25 arrived and I was reading what people had to say about the watch and movement when someone posted a Hublot worth $24000. Needless to say I was left speechless for a second and then I wanted to find out what was the difference between the two watches and why the price difference. I began reading on WUS and a few months later I was so far down the rabbit hole that I didn't remember a life I which this hobby wasn't a factor.

Coming back to the present, I was supposed to do this post on the 30th of March 2019 but life got in the way. Since taking these pictures I have also had the profound realisation that I was buying for the sake of buying, to accumulate for bragging rights, and I wasn't giving each of my watches sufficient time. Now I have decided to markedly shake up the collection and change my habits. The plan is to reduce the collection load to a more manageable number, maybe take the collection upwards in brand and monetary value than just numbers. Well, better late than never.

Let the pictures do the talking!

Sent from my Cybernetic Implant
    That last pic is really cool although it must’ve taken forever to take off all the bracelets/straps and put them back on.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well damn, the last picture I can only imagine the effort involved in removing all those straps, and then putting them back on. Nice collection.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    mougino and phoenix844884 like this.

Wow, I thought I had gone down the Rabbit Hole, but you have certainly found levels I did not know existed!

Great Collection, I even recognise a few of them

I am sure and I wish that you do enjoy it wherever it takes you!

Very best regards,
    Jim
    phoenix844884 likes this.
    Retired!! W O R K is a four letter word!
    Jim

Great collection, and great plan! Is there a specific number of watches you hope to reduce by? Or collection size limit you've set for the future? Nothing wrong with just taking it one watch at a time, of course. Just curious! Good luck with this big change :)

When is your shop opening.

Very nice collection. I don't think I could manage 94 watches. Such choice. I'm down to 15 that I wear regularly and I'm finding that a bit unwieldy.

Just the thought of estimating the servicing costs is giving me a panic attack. I'm down to 7 and I think its a couple too many, lol.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo Irish View Post
    Nice collection!

And I'm trying to cut down to ten because I think fifteen is too many.
    Thank you!
    Cutting down is the hardest part. I know I'll never be able to achieve under-20 because there are too many pieces that are very close to me. But I can certainly try to get there from the current situation.
    Stay at it, make some hard calls, and soon you'll achieve your desired number and quality. Good luck!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information