Spelling Counts!
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: Spelling Counts!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Spelling Counts!

Have you seen any Asian made watches that have huge spelling errors?

In fairness, they managed to spell "Solar" correctly on the face, just not on the bezel. I think after making that mistake, they didn't feel it was cost effective to modify the production tooling, so they keep producing SLOAR watches.

I know there are many more. Post them.
    Last edited by HoustonReal; September 29th, 2015 at 11:36.

Re: Spelling Counts!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonReal View Post
    One example I found particularly funny was a brand called "Reef Tiger". They offered a Linde Werdelin Oktopus design copy and made quite some claims about their quality. But they couldn't really keep up to it, e.g. on the case back they spelt their own brand name "REFF TICEER"..

For some reason I can't link the picture directly, so read more here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/ree...t-1409122.html
    Pallet Spoon likes this.

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Quote Originally Posted by ffritz View Post
    One example I found particularly funny was a brand called "Reef Tiger". They offered a Linde Werdelin Oktopus design copy and made quite some claims about their quality. But they couldn't really keep up to it, e.g. on the case back they spelt their own brand name "REFF TICEER"..

For some reason I can't link the picture directly, so read more here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/ree...t-1409122.html
    No one will notice, it's on the back - No problemo!

Last edited by HoustonReal; September 29th, 2015 at 12:11.
    thomasp, DC guy, AC81 and 4 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's not really a spelling mistake H. All the watches are powered by the Snu.

In fairness, they managed to spell "Solar" correctly on the face, just not on the bezel. I think after making that mistake, they didn't feel it was cost effective to modify the production tooling, so they keep producing SLOAR watches.

I find myself inexplicably attracted to the SLOAR. It's almost as if J.R.R. Tolkien has created a watch brand and is reaching out to me from the craggy slopes of Mount Doom.
    "There's a fine line between being in a groove, and being in a rut"

That's freakin awesome! You should get one in every color they offer.
    Current Rotation:Rolex Yacht-Master 116655, Rolex CHNR GMT Master II Ceramic 126711, Rolex Milgauss 116400GV, Tudor Pelagos, Tudor Black Bay Red, Deep Blue Pro Tac 1K

Quote Originally Posted by ronnypudding View Post
    I find myself inexplicably attracted to the SLOAR. It's almost as if J.R.R. Tolkien has created a watch brand and is reaching out to me from the craggy slopes of Mount Doom.
    I actually like this one a lot.....reminds me of the old solar powered LCD calculators from the '80s with the huge a** solar panels!! Casio still has some retro-styled digitals with these kind of panels but they pale in comparison to the Sloar watch!

S.
    X2-Elijah likes this.
    Worn recently:

Zenton M45/Karlskrona Baltic Shield/Vostok Amphibia/Seiko SNE245

Last edited by Pallet Spoon; September 29th, 2015 at 17:21.

I wrote a "review" of this watch exactly to this effect. Something like I wouldn't buy a watch that had a spelling error on the face. Someone commented and said it wasn't an error! Hahaha, yeah right. I looked at these a little while after and there is now a disclaimer saying that SOLAR is spelled correctly on the ACTUAL watches. OK...

How does anyone buy these????

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." - Earl Nightingale.

Quote Originally Posted by ABud21 View Post
    I wrote a "review" of this watch exactly to this effect. Something like I wouldn't buy a watch that had a spelling error on the face. Someone commented and said it wasn't an error! Hahaha, yeah right. I looked at these a little while after and there is now a disclaimer saying that SOLAR is spelled correctly on the ACTUAL watches. OK...

How does anyone buy these????
    Dang. They're offered on Amazon for $15. But somehow they're less attractive if they read SOLAR. I kinda wanted a SLOAR watch.

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Artix Triple Date Moonphase | Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Ball Trainmaster "First Flight" Dual Time | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Mido Multifort | Nth Naken Renegade | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Seiko 6139-7100 "Darth Vader Helmet" | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information