Is Swiss Legend a good watch?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is Swiss Legend a good watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is Swiss Legend a good watch?

Hello,

My name is Alex and I am new to this forum and just recently I got hooked to watch collecting. I just ordered a Swiss Legend watch from Shopnbc. I've never heard of this brand before and I was just curious what your thoughts on this watch company. Here is the link (I am sorry I don't know how to post pics.)

http://www.shopnbc.com/Swiss_Legend_...1&catprop=1461

I got the black face version.

Thanks.

Re: Is Swiss Legend a good watch?

Hey Alex,
    Welcome to WUS. This is a good place to learn about watches. The watch you bought looks great. To find more out about your watch or Swiss Legend watches, try the search option at the top of this forum. Some people may have experience with your type of watch that may not reply to your question. Have fun looking around.
    Chris

I can tell you that I have a couple of their quartz models...and am very pleased with them. Some people don't like that they have 'Swiss' in their name and aren't a Swiss company [Swiss movements, Asian assembly]. but for the price you can find them for I don't realy see a need to complain about them. Case qualty is nice, bracelets are well made....if yo just watch the price you pay [ask here if yo're not sure] you are good to go.

Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello Alex and welcome to the sickness! [edited by Moderator] They are good buys and have never had an issue with mine.
    Last edited by tribe125; December 9th, 2011 at 17:36. Reason: sales related

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    I can tell you that I have a couple of their quartz models...and am very pleased with them. Some people don't like that they have 'Swiss' in their name and aren't a Swiss company [Swiss movements, Asian assembly]. but for the price you can find them for I don't realy see a need to complain about them. Case qualty is nice, bracelets are well made....if yo just watch the price you pay [ask here if yo're not sure] you are good to go.

Hey, you have the white version and it looks great. I think I'm going to order than one too. Actually both of the ones you posted looks great. They seem much more expensive than they really are and I agree for the price there isn't much to complain about.

Thanks guys.

Yeah it is a sickness, I got the watch collecting bug. This past two months I've bought 11 watches and the Swiss Legend is going to be my 12th. I have a Chase-Durer on the way also. I'm also hitting up my wife for a Breitling this X-mas, and it all started when I bought an Invicta.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cow_Devil View Post
    Hey, you have the white version and it looks great. I think I'm going to order than one too. Actually both of the ones you posted looks great. They seem much more expensive than they really are and I agree for the price there isn't much to complain about.
    Hey keep an eye out on the deal of the day sites...they have been offering that model recently for as low as $70.00. I check them often, if I see one I'll let you know.

I would not pay over $95.00 for one...IMHO
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    Hey keep an eye out on the deal of the day sites...they have been offering that model recently for as low as $70.00. I check them often, if I see one I'll let you know.

I would not pay over $95.00 for one...IMHO

Thanks, Craig. I would really appreciate that.

I have the silver dial version of that watch...same as Craig's pic above. It's fantastic for the price paid....which was about $90 shipped from one of the deal a day sites. The watch is heavy, but extremely comfortable on the wrist. It took me a day or two to get used to the weight at first. But I wore the watch for several months as my daily wearer for work. The watch is pretty well constructed overall. The bracelet and clasp haven't given me any problems. The GMT hand can be a little tricky to get exactly in the right position at first, but I figured it out pretty quickly.

I'm glad I got the watch, but I must admit that I was really hesitant to buy the watch at first because I had bought a different Swiss Legend watch for myself and my wife around Christmas a couple years ago and the watches were a complete waste of money. The bracelets were crap. The links nearest to one of the end links fell apart two months after I got the watch and the clasp on my wife's version of the same watch would not stay closed. The watch's clasp came open constantly. Swiss Legend refused to help me or my wife to correct an obvious design flaw in the bracelets of the watches, saying that the warranty did not cover the bracelets. I tossed mine in a drawer, and, one afternoon, my wife lost her watch somewhere between work and running errands.

-Cameron

I think a lot of us started with the Invictas.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information