• 2 Post By azkid
  • 4 Post By Chronopolis
  • 4 Post By Ragl
  • 3 Post By sticky
  • 1 Post By akierstein
  • 1 Post By boatswain

Thread: Thanksgiving Thoughts

Thanksgiving Thoughts

As probably everyone in this forum knows, no matter where they are in the world (if only due to all of the sales running this week), today is Thanksgiving Day in the US.

In between excessive meals and shopping for deals on watches and straps, I actually do attempt to take part in the reason for the holiday, and in reflecting on Watchuseek in general and f71 (where I've made most of my posts I suspect) specifically, I find I have many reasons to be thankful.

For the personal friends I've made here. Aside from family, there is nothing more important.

For the camaraderie we all share here in a world where normies don't even wear a watch anymore.

For the constant reminder that what's important in a good watch doesn't have to cost a fortune.

For the endless entertainment of a forum which sees more posts in a month than I'd have time in a lifetime to read.

For all that I've learned here, both things arcane and things mundane, and that there is always something new to learn here every day.

For this community constantly fueling my interest to learn about this shared fascination.

And I also give thanks to one and all for turning me on to so many great watches.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. You have made this my favorite place on the Internet, and I love you all.
    Ten-Ten, tc3, Kubby and 15 others like this.
    - Stephen

Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by watchcrank View Post
    As probably everyone in this forum knows, no matter where they are in the world (if only due to all of the sales running this week), today is Thanksgiving Day in the US.

In between excessive meals and shopping for deals on watches and straps, I actually do attempt to take part in the reason for the holiday, and in reflecting on Watchuseek in general and f71 (where I've made most of my posts I suspect) specifically, I find I have many reasons to be thankful.

For the personal friends I've made here. Aside from family, there is nothing more important.

For the camaraderie we all share here in a world where normies don't even wear a watch anymore.

For the constant reminder that what's important in a good watch doesn't have to cost a fortune.

For the endless entertainment of a forum which sees more posts in a month than I'd have time in a lifetime to read.

For all that I've learned here, both things arcane and things mundane, and that there is always something new to learn here every day.

For this community constantly fueling my interest to learn about this shared fascination.

And I also give thanks to one and all for turning me on to so many great watches.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. You have made this my favorite place on the Internet, and I love you all.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you as well..... I also think that F71 is my WUS home and as I said on the TX threads... the TX threads are like the Man Cave, Living Room, etc.

Best Wishes to you all!
    Chronopolis, watchcrank and Ragl like this.
    ... What time is it? ...

Well written...and I completely agree.

This is one hobby that has stuck around the longest for me. While other interests may come and go, watches have remained a near constant.

And having you guys here is the icing on the cake.

Thanks to all the awesome folks here on WUS, with particular applause for the F71 gang - you guys and gals are the best!

Dan
    “Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it, you can never get it back.” H. MacKay

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hope you all had a great day, whether Thanksgiving or just another Thursday. Though I may roam about, I definitely feel most at home on F71 and always enjoy returning. Thanks, all.
    Chronopolis and watchcrank like this.

As I get older (tho am still spring chickeny young !! ) I find I have more "thanksgiving" than just once a year.

Best wishes to all !!
    ObiWonWD40, Wolfsatz, Ragl and 1 others like this.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Love the sentiments Watchcrank, well expressed.

Wishing all of yooz guyz and your families over there a very enjoyable Thanksgiving, also, big thanks for the solid contributions to the fun here on f71, long may it continue.

Cheerz,

Alan

You reach an age when you give thanks everyday that you are still able to browse watches and watch info, maybe even buy a watch and most importantly post on WUS. Happy turkey day everybody.

Well said. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    watchcrank likes this.
    -----

Seiko 7625-8023 Sportsmatic
    Seiko SKX007K1
    Seiko SRP125 World Time
    Shinola Runwell 47
    Orient EU0B002D Multi-Year World Time
    Casio F-91W

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Thanks for the positive post.
    I appreciated connecting about family over in the CW65B thread.

Great community here and the more we each contribute positively the better it will be.

And a pic. Well. Because.

A great affordable at $99 and it brings a lot of joy.
    watchcrank likes this.

Thanks! and Happy (day-after) Thanksgiving! I have been here since 2007 and still haven't tired of it yet. Work takes much of my time but is nice to come here and just relax and see all the cool new watches.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Thread Information