Is there truly no love for Timex?
Like Tree10988Likes

Thread: Is there truly no love for Timex?

Page 1 of 570 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Is there truly no love for Timex?

Because I have a young family and money is tight, I've had to sell off my more expensive watches and have decided that to satisfy my watch addiction for the next few years I'm going to rely on Timex watches. I've already got a few but I'm going to continue to build my collection.
    I've really found some sharp looking pieces out there and wondered if no one on here has much love for Timex?
    Surely in this forum folks could share some of their Timex watches? I know there used to be a dedicated Timex forum but it got dissolved into this forum so are there still Timex collectors out there?
    Omega Planet Ocean GMT 43.5 (232.32.44.22.01.00)
    Doxa Sub Professional 1500T
    Hamilton Khaki Pilot
    Deep Blue Sea Diver 1K
    Helson Shark Diver 45 brass green date
    Marathon GSAR
    G-Shock Frogman GWF-D1000B
    G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400
    G-Shock Mudmaster GWG1000-1A3

Favorites gone: Omega Speedmaster day/date, Omega Planet Ocean 42.5, Seiko Orange Monster

Re: Is there truly no love for Timex?

I got one, still ticking

I think they are fine watches with good features.
    They use this funny elongated font though on their digitals, and their stopwatch needs separate buttons to start/stop; which always throws me off. Silly stuff, but I am an eccentric guy (so what I think doesn't count)
    kcotham likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I sort of like Seiko, Casio, and Citizen, Alba, Orient in the lower price range.

Nothing wrong with Timex, but, a little more value in some of the other brands.

Ya gotta love this one. It's my favorite Timex.

Last edited by SeikoAutomatic_01; September 6th, 2008 at 16:30.

I like Timex :D Similar to your situation, I'm a college student and money is tight, but the bug still bites. Timex offers a lot of interesting designs for not a lot of money. Every time I'm in an outlet mall I stop by a Time Factory and have a little look-see, even if I know I'm not going to buy anything. A lot of different styles available, too, thanks to their numerous sub-brands (Nautica, Marc Ecko, Guess, etc).

I'm a big fan of Marc Ecko clothing (and sub-brands like Avirex and Zoo York), so I have a couple of Timex-built Marc Ecko watches:

^^That's one of the first watches in my collection. It's a little gaudy for my tastes lately, but I still give it some love once in a while when I'm feeling like being flashy. It's on a Guess strap.

^^Turn the focus adjustment a little bit, and we have my Super Technical Chronograph, which gets a lot of wrist time. It's really well-built, with a very nice bracelet.

^^Got this one at a Time Factory off the $19.99 clearance table :D The perpetual calendar is a neat feature, and so is the full-dial Indiglo.

There's also a black face/PVD case alarm chronograph at Wal-Mart that's on sale for $45 that I kinda want to get, but I've already got something incoming, and my Luminox already fulfils the full-black color scheme. I don't, however, have an analog alarm watch yet.

I sold a Timex Expedition digital watch a while back, too. I didn't wear it very much, but it treated me well as a work beater for a long time. The battery lasted a good 7 years or so, and in fact it still powered the alarm well after the dial got too dim for me to be able to turn the alarm off :D

You really can't beat Timex (and Casio) if you're operating in the sub-$100 (and often sub-$50, as all the above pieces are) price range.
    myke, Cosmic, bezgeo85 and 4 others like this.

I have 20 or so Timex watches, my oldest is a 1950's that still has US Time on the back. Most are newer however. I don't think you can beat the value in under $50 watches. I was going to post my newest Timex's in a separate thread but why not do it here? I got the compass watch for $39.00 in the Bargain Basement at Cabela's, the other Expedition was a Walmart special for $44.00. Both are nice for the $$.

Here are some of my other Timex's, probably not all of them but the ones I found pictures to:

Last edited by sixtysix; May 11th, 2017 at 12:38. Reason: noticed some of my old photo links did not work...can't have that!
    myke, Pachuco76, Kru Chris and 7 others like this.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

I have several older Timex watches. They do last a long time.

Kinetic200 and jiunks like this.

I've picked up a few over the years. Good solid watches for the money. Many interesting styles.

Last edited by cb400bill; February 27th, 2009 at 04:44.
    myke and tkdwarrior like this.

Due to some recent pictures of cool Timexes on the forum, I decided to check out there website. They do have some nice looking watches and a lot of variety. I would agree with the comment that Seiko and Orient offer a little more for the money in this price range, but Timex still is a good option. I had an Expedition and a coupe Iron Man Triathlon in 1990s that I absolutely loved. Maybe I'll have to pick up a new Timex...
    myke likes this.
    Debaufre GMT Ocean-1
    Hamilton Khaki Action Quartz
    Tissot PRS516 Quartz Chrono
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Invicta (7051) Sapphire Diver Chronograph

Page 1 of 570 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread Information