Thin mechanicals (auto or hand) for $300 and under? Dressy and non dress
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thin mechanicals (auto or hand) for $300 and under? Dressy and non dress

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thin mechanicals (auto or hand) for $300 and under? Dressy and non dress

Its a little difficult to get a straight recommendation on this because all the thin watch threads either include watches way outside of this price range or throw in quartz models.

Whats a good thin mechanical watch I can find under 300 dollars? The orient bambino is the only one that comes to mind. Any others?

Re: Thin mechanicals (auto or hand) for $300 and under? Dressy and non dress

Tissot Carson automatic? 8.8mm thin, this is the thinnest automatic under $400 that I could find. Runs maybe $320. Sapphire crystal, swiss made.
    The Bambino is around 11.8mm~ so the Carson would be definitely thin.
    I found the Beijing Zungu-6 to be rather thin, about 10mm~ iirc. But QC may vary, or maybe I just got a off one.
    Quartz:
    Citizen stilleto's, eco-drive. About 4mm-5mm~. Very nice quality.

Some super cheap ones like HMT Sona (Like $30-$40? maybe less). That's indian made, hand-wound, in-house movement.

Ill check out the carson, thanks! No quartz, Im trying to go for a watch I can pick up again after a while of not wearing

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LI Watch (great reputation) has this Mondia on sale:
    Name:  1-639-1-2T.jpg
Views: 1930
Size:  36.9 KB

ETA 2824, sapphire and genuine croc for this price is an incredible deal. I doubt it will last.
    All that glitters isn't chrome.

-

my watches: Christopher Ward - Orient - Enicar vintage watches - Wenger - Seiko 5 - Orient Star - DOXA (vintage)

thanks, ckot! Thats very classy and definitely thin...

What do you guys think of these two? Ive heard it all about Stuhrling before, but it seems decent enough. Or do you think 11.7/12 MM is still not considered a "thin" watch?

Stuhrling Cuvette 11.7 mm:

http://www.amazon.com/Stuhrling-Orig...hrling+cuvette

Skagen 12 MM:

Skagen Men's 759LRLDJ Leather Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

I just noticed the orient bambino is 9.5 MM thick and significantly cheaper than the mondia...what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    I just noticed the orient bambino is 9.5 MM thick and significantly cheaper than the mondia...what do you guys think?
    Mondia for sure. Better movement, sapphire crystal, genuine croco strap... Can't really beat that...

Ive taken a bit of a liking to the rose gold bambino with the black dial...is that tacky?

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    Ive taken a bit of a liking to the rose gold bambino with the black dial...is that tacky?
    Going by current trends; no not at all. It may not age as well as other watches but that's arguable. The stainless variant will probably age better because lets face it, steel is never going out of style & rose gold very well could.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Click HERE to visit my watch review channel

Now that I think about it, I might want to go with the Mondia, as I could resell it down the line for very close to what I paid, for an auto ETA w/ sapphire. Im debating how I feel about the included croc strap...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information