WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ticino 47mm Automatic Big Pilot Watch Aviator-Any thoughts??

7K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Precise 
#1 ·
I was looking at the sales forum and noticed the Ticino 47mm Automatic Big Pilot Watch Aviator. It looks just like the STEINHART "Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm automatic".

Any thoughts on this watch? Do any of guys own Ticino watch? How is the build and how is the quality?

I like the look of the watch and definitely like the price point. But would like to know the quality before buying so I don't regret after getting it.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Hi,
the problem with the watch causing the miyota stutter has been fixed. You must have recieved one of few that got sold with the heavy hands causing it to stutter which i happened to sell a few pieces before we relized that issue. We have fixed that problem with titanium for the frame of the hands and now runs extremely smooth.
thanks
Tom

#5 ·
There's a fairly good review on the Breitling Source page if you search that. My understanding is it's Miyota 8200 cal so you shouldn't have any problems in that regard and the stap quality is supposed to be at least average as well. I'm checking them out now because they look so cool and certainly are affordable.

#8 ·
Hey...
I have a TICINO BIG PILOT...
Great Daily wearer.....only take out my STEINHART LGE on special occasions.
Budget price for a great looking watch. Would probably pay 3x if bought at a retail store.
Overall, it's a great introduction to the BIG PILOT look.
First thing I did though was change the strap from the really s*** supplied one & made one to fit a 24mm buckle I had.
Also it fits quite close to the wrist doe to the low profile, so you get used to the larger diameter very quickly.
The only thing I don't like is the VERY weak lume....it has some, but not much.
If I remember I bought direct from SIZZLIN WATCHES & ship & communication was fuss-free. Great experience.
Check out the reviews posted here already for all technical stuff.
Overall, a great buy!
Good luck! :):)

#9 ·
Thanks Bigpockets for all your comments.
I just want to clarify one thing. I do recall you didnt like rivets or deployment buckles and wanted regular strap. In all honesty the strap we put on I knew you wouldnt like but it was all i had without the rivets and buckle. The new strap is definitly alot better and i should have sent both. The new one with rivets and deployment buckle, maybee not the best but was much improved upon from our original.
Thanks
Tom

#10 ·
I have the smaller sub-second pilot so I cannot comment on the 47mm itself (outside of the styling, which I like) as my 44mm runs on a Tianjin ST36 I believe. I bought direct from SIZZLIN WATCHES as well and have nothing but praise there. Shipping was very quick, communication was professional and Tom was quickly on top of an issue with the original piece I received. I also swapped out my strap after about a week to a more comfortable non-deployant flieger style strap from Panatime. Given the choice I'd make the purchase again.

#17 ·
It all depends on if you can handle the 47mm. I couldn't, sold the Ticino and am now saving for an Archimede.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.