Time for another Seiko... Which one to get?!

Thread: Time for another Seiko... Which one to get?!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Time for another Seiko... Which one to get?!

This one...

Or this one...

Re: Time for another Seiko... Which one to get?!

Personally, I love my orange monster. It gets a lot of wrist time. It's a classic that tons of people around here love.
    So many watches, so little time...

Banned

Since you're considering a Kinetic, why not the BFK? You can't get it in orange, but there is always yellow!

Here's mine, but I have the black one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdan View Post
    Personally, I love my orange monster. It gets a lot of wrist time. It's a classic that tons of people around here love.
    Yeah, that's the one I'm leaning towards. It's more rugged looking also. But I also like the idea behind the "kinetic" technology. However, the Monster is a little cheaper, which I am strongly concerned about at the moment. It also displays the day, which I find helpful. Hmm...

Me needs more opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    Since you're considering a Kinetic, why not the BFK? You can't get it in orange, but there is always yellow!

Here's mine, but I have the black one.
    Hi Torrid. I looked at that one also, but I really like the orange, plus price is playing a major factor in my choice right now. I figure I can always go for a higher priced one later down the road. Right now, I'm just antsy (sp?) to get a new Seiko, preferably with a rubber band.

BTW, that's a nice couple you have there!

I'd go Kinetic personally because the more I buy watches the more I appreciate accuracy, and by that I mean quartz accuracy. But like I end up telling most everyone else, which would mean more to you, or which speaks to you more. To me I don't really consider the movement as anything but secondary, if the watch doesn't do something for me, it doesn't matter what's inside of it. My 2 cents or with deflation, 1.5 or something.. haha. Being that they are both Seiko's, both are pretty much guaranteed to be well made and represent a great value in the watch world IMO.

Kinetic is nice but beware that kinetic needs wrist time. If that battery goes low on Kinetic you'll need a LOT of winding to get it "up to speed". With monster: couple of shakes and you're good to go.

Du no... I like BFK in black and monster in orange...

P.S.

Since Kinetic does use a capacitor / battery , this will eventually need to get changed and that might cost $$$. Not so with autos... they're typically good for 10+ years with no maintenance whatsoever...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by muxinick View Post
    I'd go Kinetic personally because the more I buy watches the more I appreciate accuracy, and by that I mean quartz accuracy. But like I end up telling most everyone else, which would mean more to you, or which speaks to you more. To me I don't really consider the movement as anything but secondary, if the watch doesn't do something for me, it doesn't matter what's inside of it. My 2 cents or with deflation, 1.5 or something.. haha. Being that they are both Seiko's, both are pretty much guaranteed to be well made and represent a great value in the watch world IMO.
    I love the accuracy of the Kinetic. It loses 1 second per week. Excellent to my 22+ a day 009, which I love too. I tend to wear it more at work lately, since it's lighter and a little smaller and I work with my hands.

I was having a difficult time choosing which one to buy this time around, so I figured I'd ask here on the forum to get some worthy input. The ideas that were running through my head are basically the same things you guys are bringing up now. LOL!

It's very hard to decide. It's like comparing oranges to oranges.

Yes, the pun was intended!

The capacitor issue is true, but several things I have seen point to a 7-8 year lifespan which I don't know how long you intend to wear you watch, this may be a non-issue or it may deter you. I have also read that Kinetics do not wind efficiently on a winder but I believe the Seikos have a 6 mo. power supply when fully charged so I don't think this would be an issue as if you wear it for a week and sit it down I'd bet it would be OK for at least a few weeks if need be. Because of the large power reserve it does take a while to get a full charge but with an auto you will get 35-40 hours max on a full wind. The 7s26 has been shown to go many many years w/o service, so like I said, picking a watch always seems to be a game of pros/cons.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information