Tisell customer service.
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tisell customer service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tisell customer service.

Anyone returned a watch to Tisell? The pilot watch I just received is gaining at close to a minute per day. I donít think I can live with that.
    What was the return/exchange process? How expensive is it to send the watch back from the US?

Tisell customer service.

Service is very good. I have sent my tisell divers twice to them. Mr oh charges reasonable aswell.
    Sorry can't help with the shipping as i am not from US.
    Also i think if possible then take your watch to your local watchmaker or try to regulate yourself. I think it will be more sensible rather than sending the watch and waiting months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SimpleWatchMan likes this.

Re: Tisell customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG08 View Post
    Anyone returned a watch to Tisell? The pilot watch I just received is gaining at close to a minute per day. I donít think I can live with that.
    What was the return/exchange process? How expensive is it to send the watch back from the US?
    Check to see if it's magnetized.
    Champagne InHand likes this.
    %99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mplsabdullah View Post
    This! It's not uncommon to have a watch get magnetized during international shipping. A quick Google told me:

"You can buy your own watch degausser on eBay for less than $20 and do it yourself at homeÖ but you donít even need to do that. If you have an old color cathode ray tube (CRT) television or computer monitor laying around, you can demagnetize your watch right at home, by yourself, for free."

https://gearpatrol.com/2016/08/03/ho...etize-a-watch/

There are options. :)
    Never spend more than $100 on a Mushroom!

I'm sure customer service is very good but as everyone else has said, demagnetise and if that doesn't work then consider regulating it yourself. It would be much quicker and cheaper to do so.

Only vaguely related but I returned an intermittently-stopping SARB to Japan for repair/service at my expense, it took weeks then got caught by Customs on the return leg because Higuchi didn't put EXACTLY the correct text on the declaration, so I had to pay a charge which I then had to go through the process of reclaiming....honestly I wish I'd just paid for a local repair to save time and effort.

I have checked the watch with a compass and it does not seem to be magnetized.
    I probably will not return it. I have to take another watch to have serviced so I think I will just ask them about regulating it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MikeyT likes this.

Yeah that's a good solution. The watch guy might even do the regulation for free since you're having a service, it's a two minute job.

I don't know about checking with a compass, when we talk about magnetised don't we mean the hairspring has been magnetised so that it attenuates itself as it flexes in its own field, not something detectable from outside the case?

Made a trip to the local watch repair guy, $20 to regulate it, he did not think it was magnetized. Hard to beat that but it will be a couple of weeks in the shop. Iíve had a few watches with the Miyota 9015 movement and all were quite accurate other than this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A small red dot in Asia on the Earth's equator.

Quote Originally Posted by mplsabdullah View Post
    +1
    https://www.gofundme.com/support-ell...he-dill-family

Timex | Casio | Fellman | Invicta | Rodina | Glycine | Bulova | Leyden | Richard Legrand | Alexander James | Victorinox | Fifty Four | Dan Henry | Tiger Concept | Tisell | Scurfa | Helgray | Nezumi | Hamtun | Seiko | Vratislavia Conceptum | Manchester Watch Works | Orient | WUS F71 | Silver | Borealis | Aevig | Citizen | Steinhart | Nth | Armida | Ball | Rolex

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
    This! It's not uncommon to have a watch get magnetized during international shipping. A quick Google told me:

"You can buy your own watch degausser on eBay for less than $20 and do it yourself at home… but you don’t even need to do that. If you have an old color cathode ray tube (CRT) television or computer monitor laying around, you can demagnetize your watch right at home, by yourself, for free."

https://gearpatrol.com/2016/08/03/ho...etize-a-watch/

There are options. :)
    Some high-end CRT computer monitors had this feature, but very few, if any TV sets had a degauss button. I'm not sure where gearpatrol got that idea.
    watchcrank likes this.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information