The Unofficial Nodus Watches Thread - Owner's group and new release info!
Like Tree479Likes

Thread: The Unofficial Nodus Watches Thread - Owner's group and new release info!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

The Unofficial Nodus Watches Thread - Owner's group and new release info!

In an effort to consolidate all the different threads about Nodus I'm creating this one as a catch all. Wes and Cullen put out 3 releases last year and with their success and popularity increasing I dont see them slowing down. Hopefully this one thread will be easier to navigate than the 3 individual ones that exist now!

First bit of news is that they have a Retrospect 2.0 coming out this month and they have released a few pictures of the new colors.

The changes to be expected in the Retrospect 2.0 are as follows.

1) 3 & 9 indices are elongated for improved orientation
    2) Date window is now trapezoidal for better symmetry. It is also a lumed-sandwich date window, first of its kind, to further help with orientation in the dark.
    3) Improved lume
    4) 1mm lower dome with a layer of yellow AR for improved clarity and visibility
    5) .3mm thinner caseback
    6) Colored seconds hands (gold seconds on blue, green, and gray / blue on silver / white on yellow)
    7) Fully lumed brushed ceramic bezel insert
    8) Deeper engraving on the crown
    9) Ships on a Nodus H-link bracelet or leather strap
    10) All Retrospects will ship with a Barton Bands Black Elite Silicone.

Final color choices:
    Cosmic Gray
    Nebula Blue
    Aurora Green
    Corona Yellow
    Silver Sky

Also let me remind you all of their other fantastic releases. I'm entering this on Tapatalk so I'm not sure the pictures will embed in the right spot but you get the idea. Great watch, great company, post your thoughts and pictures here!

The Trieste

The Contrail

The Avalon

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by valuewatchguy; February 4th, 2019 at 18:47.
    Mil6161, boatswain, Pneuma and 9 others like this.
    IG: ikeepgoodtime

Re: The Unofficial Nodus Watches Thread - Owner's group and new release info!

Right on.

Thanks for thread.

Subscribed!

Happy Avalon owner. I like the brand and look forward to what’s coming.

Thanks for making the general thread for the brand.

I’ve owned 3 of their 4 releases.

Even if not all of them proved to be keepers for me for one reason or another, I like their design sense, self-assembly philosophy, and WIS approach to business

In order of ownership:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Casio (G-Shock GWM5610-1, F91W-1, A168WA-1, CA53W-1); Christopher Ward (C60 Trident Pro 600 "Mk2" [blue, 38mm]); Halios (Seaforth GMT [abyss blue, dive bezel], Seaforth III [sunburst grey, 12-hour bezel], Roldorf Seaforth [green/black, SS case); Monta (Oceanking [v.2 gilt dial, black ceramic]); Nezumi (Corbeau [ref CQ1.202]); Nodus (Avalon [clover green/phantom black mod, ceramic]); NTH (DevilRay [WatchGauge LE], Nazario Sauro, Vintage Näcken [blue]); Seiko (SKX007K [mod with DLW parts: J dial, Deep Sea bezel, 007 Dual Time bezel insert, sapphire double dome crystal], SARB033); Squale (1521 TGV); Steinhart (Ocean 39 GMT Premium 500); Timex (Q Reissue); Zelos (Horizons GMT [meteorite])

Preorder: Hamtun (H2 Kraken [blue])

Preferred straps/bracelets: Fabric (seatbelt nato/RAF, chevron, sailcloth-style); Metal (oyster, jubilee, shark mesh, beads of rice); Leather (vintage); Rubber (tropic); Clasps (Glidelock-type, ratcheting diver extension, deployant)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm in - digging my new Avalon

Name:  f36aec54e47658eb176d206d7c0a0d59.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  191.7 KB

Thanks for creating this thread!

After seeing all the Avalon pics, it makes me want to dive back in again (after the return of the ceramic white).
    boatswain likes this.

I guess I've owned a variant of each one of their realeases...

I was curious about the brand and this one came up for sale for a good price...

I really wanted the LE frost Trieste (or whatever they called it) so I got this to scratch the itch...

Easy choice to get this as green is my favorite color. In my recent desire to thin the herd, this is going to stay...

I was going to skip the Avalons until I tried on one of the prototypes and immediately knew I had to get one. I don't think it'll survive the culling though...

Such diverse collection at such a young brand. While I'm not in the market for one, I'm still looking forward to the release of the Restrospect II.
    boatswain, ck2k01 and CRetzloff like this.

The Avalon is my first Nodus watch and I must say the tasteful nods to Sumo/Turtle were implemented so well on this watch. Cullen and Wes seem to be 100% hands on with almost every aspect of design, QC, and assembly. My watch is perfect in every way without a single blemish or mis-step to found anywhere. They are indeed a microbrand that is doing it right.

Name:  IMG_20190123_1556585.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  3.22 MB
    boatswain and ck2k01 like this.
    ..........never cheer before you know who is winning.........

I guess as this is the “Nodus” thread I should chime in on my thoughts for the brand more specifically.

The Avalon is the first of their designs that aesthetically resonated with me personally. However before that release I had heard the rumblings that they were putting out quality products at a good price with great customer service.

After getting hands on with a couple Avalon, doing a lot of research and having discussions with Nodus (Wes) I came away very impressed. Their approach to design, manufacturing and assembly is refreshing. I think they achieve a pretty great balance and value by having the components manufactured overseas but assembling , regulating and doing quality control in house. It creates a quality product that you can feel confident in and at an attainable price point.

Behind all that it was clear to me that the Nodus gents are knowledgeable and passionate and pour that into the watches and back them with integrity.

While not all their designs may have resonated with me before or perhaps in the future, I can confidently give them as a brand. In fact I have more respect for a brand that boldly tries original designs even if I don’t love them. We won’t all love the same thing. I would rather see brands being creative than always dipping into the same wells

It’s impressive what they have done so far in a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
    I guess as this is the “Nodus” thread I should chime in on my thoughts for the brand more specifically.

The Avalon is the first of their designs that aesthetically resonated with me personally. However before that release I had heard the rumblings that they were putting out quality products at a good price with great customer service.

After getting hands on with a couple Avalon, doing a lot of research and having discussions with Nodus (Wes) I came away very impressed. Their approach to design, manufacturing and assembly is refreshing. I think they achieve a pretty great balance and value by having the components manufactured overseas but assembling , regulating and doing quality control in house. It creates a quality product that you can feel confident in and at an attainable price point.

Behind all that it was clear to me that the Nodus gents are knowledgeable and passionate and pour that into the watches and back them with integrity.

While not all their designs may have resonated with me before or perhaps in the future, I can confidently give them as a brand. In fact I have more respect for a brand that boldly tries original designs even if I don’t love them. We won’t all love the same thing. I would rather see brands being creative than always dipping into the same wells

It’s impressive what they have done so far in a short period of time.
    You got blue and black which is your favorite Avalon?

Imbiton and boatswain like this.

Here is a great initial impression of an Avalon

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

First Impression Review: Nodus Avalon Phantom Black

Imbiton likes this.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information