Vario | Watches - Show off your photos here !
Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By Vario
  • 2 Post By Ron_Trousers
  • 3 Post By DocScotter
  • 4 Post By ReallyBored
  • 2 Post By themetthew
  • 1 Post By Ivan Chua

Thread: Vario | Watches - Show off your photos here !

Inactive

Vario | Watches - Show off your photos here !

I started Vario when I wore my watches after nearly 2 decade of absence (phone fatigue) and discovered my watch bands have disintegrated. I expanded from straps to watches and the watches that I designed were inspired by watches that I love. Do show me some of your Vario watch photos on this thread as I am always on a look out for content to share. Do let me know your IG or FB handle so I can tag you.

Let's see some photos!
    Ivan

Name:  ivan_chinatown.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  337.8 KB
    Name:  vario_salmon_brown_tweed.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  3.09 MB
    Name:  IMG_20180808_093253.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  3.31 MB
    Name:  art_deco_whitetux01.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  3.26 MB

Re: Vario | Watches - Show off your photos here !

I showed off and mini-reviewed my most excellent 'Vario' Empire within hours of receiving it after the KS campaign ended.

I love it to bits....design-VFM-cohesiveness-mechanical loveliness...it has it all in spades! I'm a big fan of it!

Suffice to say....it has barely been off my wrist. In a way, as far as affordable watches are concerned, I have exactly the watch I always wanted. (other watches are also available).

So much watchiness....

My original post here....

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/my...w-4976495.html

PS...I'm sorry Ivan-I am a bit Luddite and don't do 'social media' like 'MyFace' or 'SpaceBook' .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Ron_Trousers; July 10th, 2019 at 20:53.
    The Watch Ho and ReallyBored like this.

looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Trousers View Post
    I showed off and mini-reviewed my most excellent 'Vario' Empire within hours of receiving it after the KS campaign ended.

I love it to bits....design-VFM-cohesiveness-mechanical loveliness...it has it all in spades! I'm a big fan of it!

Suffice to say....it has barely been off my wrist. In a way, as far as affordable watches are concerned, I have exactly the watch I always wanted. (other watches are also available).

So much watchiness....

My original post here....

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/my...w-4976495.html

PS...I'm sorry Ivan-I am a bit Luddite and don't do 'social media' like 'MyFace' or 'SpaceBook' .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got my Vario Empire Art Deco Gunmetal Tuxedo dial yesterday. This is the hand wound version. Honestly, my expectations were pretty low and I was prepared for disappointment. But surprisingly this watch is awesome!
    Name:  VarioEmpire.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  452.2 KB

The leather straps are the best that I've seen for the money and I'm already thinking of ordering a few more as the black looks really nice with my vintage 1967 JLC.
    Name:  1967JLCVario.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  451.6 KB
    Wear that which you feel is groovy, get down with your bad self, and shake your money maker if it makes sense for you to do so.

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by DocScotter View Post
    I got my Vario Empire Art Deco Gunmetal Tuxedo dial yesterday. This is the hand wound version. Honestly, my expectations were pretty low and I was prepared for disappointment. But surprisingly this watch is awesome!
    Name:  VarioEmpire.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  452.2 KB

The leather straps are the best that I've seen for the money and I'm already thinking of ordering a few more as the black looks really nice with my vintage 1967 JLC.
    Name:  1967JLCVario.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  451.6 KB

I've had my Empire for a couple of weeks, but haven't had a chance to post any pictures. I got mine with the brown leather strap, but here it is with a couple of others I had on hand. First up is crocodile. Second is polished Milanese. Thanks Ivan!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Want to get some white tux photos out there!

I picked up several of the tapered leather straps from Vario; they are just ridiculously good straps. Incredible supple; perfect taper dimensions. They work great with any watch, and suit the Empire quite well. I think the black is the obvious choice (first photo), but it can work well on the wine strap with the right outfit (second photo).

But I think my true favorite way to wear the watch is on metal. By sheer dumb luck, the Hantum Nanok bracelet's end-links slipped right onto the Empire case. I personally think the Hamtun H link bracelet is too chunky (third photo) for this watch, but it felt like it really changed the character of the Empire in a good way. So I wanted to find a less chunky metal solution. Milanese looks great, but I just don't like them on my hairy arms. I found a vintage style beads-of-rice on spring bars (fourth photo), and I think it works really well.

It's hard to appreciate in the photos, but in real life, the bracelet changes the watch entirely. I personally feel it makes it a bit more wearable with outfits other than a suit and tie.

Name:  vario black.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  105.8 KB

Name:  vario wine.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  112.0 KB

Name:  vario rex.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  108.9 KB

Name:  vario bor.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  79.1 KB
    ReallyBored and DocScotter like this.

Looks great! Love it on both bracelets and leather :)
    themetthew likes this.

works well on the milanese too!

Name:  IMG_2093.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  124.4 KB

Thread Information