Ventus NorthStar (Zelos Sister Brand), anyone in?
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: Ventus NorthStar (Zelos Sister Brand), anyone in?

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Ventus NorthStar (Zelos Sister Brand), anyone in?

First off, let me qualify my thread by saying I have no affiliation with this brand, outside of being a fan of their first and only offering up until this new model. Ventus the sister brand to the much respected Zelos brand, has just done their followup to their first venture the Mori, and it's called the NorthStar. The NorthStar opened up on KickStarter yesterday and has already exceeded by 7-X's ($140,000.+) its modest $22,000 funding goal, in less than 24hrs. Having picked up the Mori (one of my favorite go-to pieces) upon release, I can attest to the quality over cost ratio you get from the Ventus brand. So, I'm expecting no less a drop off from the NorthStar upon delivery, which I'm in for the (N7) brass/green dial version. Most all the NorthStar KS first tier pricing is long gone, but, there are still a limited number of Eary Bird prices still available @ $220.00 delivered. IMHO even at it's normal KS price ($235.00), the NorthStar appears to be a great deal for price/quality/design.

Both Zelos and (now) Ventus are IMHO micros that deserve the positive accolades that has been predominately been pushed in their direction, by both us (normal Joe's), and many of the reputable/established reviewers that many of us trust to give an honest and impartial review. And it appears to this WIS, that Ventus has accomplished another positive step in the affirmation of it's already positive accolades with it's sophomore effort.

So, I'm wondering how many WUS are already in and/or are considering the NorthStar?

And for those that might be interested here's a link to the KS page: https://ventuswatches.us9.list-manag...d&e=4dba86892e

Here's a few KS derived NorthStar inspirations, specs, and pict.

The brightest star in the constellation, the Northstar was an invaluable tool for navigation among sailors and explorers. Despite being replaced by modern GPS as a navigation tool, the Northstar remains an icon for human exploration and adventure.
    The Ventus Northstar was designed to pay tribute to the divers of the 60s who were at the forefront of sea exploration. The dive watch was a crucial component in their diving kit, it measured the length of their dive and the time to ascend.
    The Northstar features a slim and highly wearable cushion case to keep it from getting snagged on your dive equipment or even a shirt sleeve. A compact lug to lug length of only 45mm and 40mm diameter is reminiscent to the dive watches of the era.

We offer the Northstar in both Brass and Stainless steel cases. Brass is a material which patinas as you wear it. This makes each watch unique to its owner and every watch will have its own story to tell.
    Despite its diminutive size, the Northstar was developed to offer the best specifications for an astounding price. The case is rated for 300m of water resistance, with a double domed sapphire crystal shielding the watch against any scrapes encountered during dives. This sapphire crystal has Anti-reflective coating on the inside to prevent unwanted glare. The use of ceramic inserts (N-1, 2, 5) offer added protection and will ensure your watch remains pristine no matter the abuse.
    The dial of the Northstar features a sunburst pattern and applied indices. These indices are filled with Swiss Superluminova C3 lume to offer the best glow. Each date wheel is reprinted to match the color of the dial, a step omitted by Swiss timepieces priced in the thousands.
    Inside, the automatic Seiko Nh35 movement will ensure years of fuss free operation.

An

Name:  Ventus NorthStar all models.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  40.5 KB
    Name:  Ventus NorthStar group picture.jpeg
Views: 878
Size:  90.5 KB
    Name:  Ventus NorthStar black dial.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  131.3 KB
    Name:  Ventus NorthStar black IP and brass.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  Ventus NorthStar diver style shot.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  87.3 KB
    Last edited by watchobs; March 12th, 2019 at 20:25.

Re: Ventus NorthStar (Zelos Sister Brand), anyone in?

I'd be on board with a N6 (brass case/blue dial), except that I only just picked up a Zelos Mako V2 bronze/blue. I like the Ventus design enough that it would have been a hard choice, and probably the Ventus would have got the nod due to the simpler, more classic/vintage design cues, for about $200 less than the Mako. Elshan is either lucky or crafty to have released the Mako V2 bronze watches, before announcing the Ventus Northstar models...

Oh, well. Love the Mako, so no regrets there. As sister company to Zelos and with owner Elshan's involvement in this project as well, would recommend as a rock-solid affordable, assuming nothing goes horribly wrong with production.
    Champagne InHand likes this.
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

I ordered two Super Early bird specials (only $178 each!) within minutes of when they launched their Kickstarter campaign. One for me, one for my brother. We're both eyeing the N1 Fiery Orange. I love the value, and the established track record (note to OP: this is their 3rd or even 4th watch, not their sophomore effort). I particularly love the Northstar's sleek dimensions, at 40mm diameter and only 45mm lug length. It'll be a 6 month estimated wait, but well worth it, I hope.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i backed it. still don't know what i'm going to get though. the stainless comes with a bracelet if a stretch goal is unlocked so that might be the deciding factor.
    What good is all the cash, if it doesn't buy time?

I saw the blue one at the Microbrand show here in DC last year and it was really great quality for the price. I was impressed with the Mori the first time I saw it, too, but this felt just ever so much more refined.

Backed it for now. The dimensions are really excellent (especially the L-to-L), but the colors kind of ho-hum. Mostly just smart safe choices. Which will be great for people who don't already have a bunch of divers, but for me its going to be hard to justify staying in. Don't have anything in brass, but also not really looking for anything in brass.

It would be nice if they added a couple more exotic color ways, since it funded so well, for those not really needing another black or blue dial diver.

For me the best of the bunch are the all black, and the steel with teal highlights. The black and orange has a nice look, but I just can't get down with Flyers colors.

Was just looking at this one too yesterday. Really nice case design, good specs. I was trying to convince myself to like it but couldnt really find a click with any of the color combinations... Also it doesnt look too exciting on the bracelet...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VTR-L09 met Tapatalk

Yes, "I'm in" as wel. wasn't an super early bird, Im never super anything except super lazy maybe.
    This is my first kickstarter thing and I was pretty shure it will be a succes.
    Someone posted a picture of it months ago wasn't it supposed to go "live" at the end of 2018 ??
    The N1 looks the best to me.
    What amazes me is that there's not much more people talking about it normally with these sort of things there are lots of posts about who's "in" and who passes on it and why.
    Maybe not so much of a razor sharp deal for an N35 movement on rubber??
    ..........Read a lot, Write a little.......

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information