Personally I donít get why.
Looking back at affordable chronograph designs from the late 80ís there were really some nice options. Just look at Seikoís 7A28 and 7A38 movement series, the Panda, the Pogues or Pulsarís Military Chronos or even Citizenís.
Literally there were so many good designs that have been totally lost nowadays. And Iím talking about both quartz and automatics.
Today what you most often get when you spend 200-300$ for a chrono is:
- a 44+mm beast case
- an hard to read, busy dial
- an integrated bracelet (!!!)
- a very tacky polished finish
- roman numbers here and there
- hands painted in random colors
If you instead have some nice, readily available chronos as suggestion around the 200-300$ mark please post them!