Why are watch bracelets usually integrated into the case but straps are not?

Thread: Why are watch bracelets usually integrated into the case but straps are not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Why are watch bracelets usually integrated into the case but straps are not?

Why are watches made this way?

Re: Why are watch bracelets usually integrated into the case but straps are not?

I think it's just cheaper that way.

But you can find "integrated" leather bands when you step up to more expensive straps.
    My Rotation:
    Hamilton Khaki (2804), Khaki (2824) x3, Linwood (2824), Khaki (7750), Vintage (7750), Vintage Khaki King (2824)
    Fortis Flieger (2824)
    Seiko SCVS015 (6R15), SARB031 (6R15), SKX013 (7S26), SSB003 (6T63), 5M22-6C20, 5M22-6C30
    Tissot Carson (2824), T-Touch Titanium
    Many Self-assembled pieces
    about 100 Casio watches from the 70~90's.

Re: Why are watch bracelets usually integrated into the case but straps are not?

I think it looks better for bracelets to be integrated because they are made from the same material as the case. That said, I do have a Skagen with an integrated leather strap.
    It works well with the ultra slim, streamlined Skagen look. It is a very nice leather strap, especially considering the price. I don't have a side-view picture, but the strap tapers in thickness from about 4mm at the lugs to 2mm at the ends.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

EHV

Are you really seeing integrated metal bands or just the end pieces that give that illusion?

I have seem leather and rubber straps look integrated because of the design plus there are special end pieces for some straps to fit on.
    Otherwise, I am also fine with the space between the strap and case.

A total no-no IMO is the bracelet or strap that cannot be changed out for anything different.

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Generally, straps need to be replaced more often as the leather gets filled with bacteria and other crud. Steel bracelets can be cleaned.
    familiaritas parit contemptum; raritate admiratione wins.- Lucius Apuleius
    est necessry, accurate ad secundo? - Lysander magna
    iustum est horologium - Obscurus Genius

Quote Originally Posted by EHV View Post

A total no-no IMO is the bracelet or strap that cannot be changed out for anything different.
    That's what I think of when people say integrated. A strap or bracelet that can't be removed from the watch.

That's why I sold my otherwise awesome Citizen cal.2100. It is a great watch, amazing movement and even a nice bracelet but still not replaceable

Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii View Post
    Generally, straps need to be replaced more often as the leather gets filled with bacteria and other crud. Steel bracelets can be cleaned.
    I agree. If I were buying a watch with a leather integrated, I would buy an extra strap before the replacement straps are discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    That's why I sold my otherwise awesome Citizen cal.2100. It is a great watch, amazing movement and even a nice bracelet but still not replaceable
    You should have crossed that bridge when you got to it. It's one of my favorite watches.
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

It's easy to believe the question given that it's the title of a thread, but actually I do not think that bracelets are usually integrated into the case.

Many watches including Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Casio, Seiko, jeez, most of them, have bracelets which can be removed and exchanged for a strap which fits into the case lugs.

So I don't think the question is valid, sorry.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT13 View Post
    I agree. If I were buying a watch with a leather integrated, I would buy an extra strap before the replacement straps are discontinued.

You should have crossed that bridge when you got to it. It's one of my favorite watches.
    Mine too, which is why I still have my cal.210 Bullhead Same movement, but different layout. Besides, I really needed the $ at the time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information