Will a 44mm watch be too big for a 6.25" wrist?

Thread: Will a 44mm watch be too big for a 6.25" wrist?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will a 44mm watch be too big for a 6.25" wrist?

I am thinking about purchasing a 44mm Ticino Big Pilot watch, and was wondering if the watch is going to look completely ridiculous on me...

Re: Will a 44mm watch be too big for a 6.25" wrist?

I've 6.25" wrist as well, it really depends on personal preference. The more important measure is lug to lug length of the case and how the lug is angled. For me anything with a lug to lug longer 52mm is a no go for me. One more thing to consider is the width of your wrist some people have flatter wrist they might be able to wear bigger watch with the same wrist size. For me I've 44mm Pam homage watch and I can wear those just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrixstrat View Post
    I am thinking about purchasing a 44mm Ticino Big Pilot watch, and was wondering if the watch is going to look completely ridiculous on me...
    I have two watches that are 42mm and I have a 6.25 wrist. It fits comfortably for me due to the curvature of the watchcase and crystal~Cheers!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm somewhere in between 6,25 and 6,5". I don't wear anything with a lug to lug size of more than 48 or 49mm. But that's already really pushing it. 44 or 45mm is ideal for me. So yeah, I would say a 44mm pilot (my guess: around 52mm lug to lug) would probably be a bit too much for your wrist.

BTW, Archimede sells 36 and 39mm pilots, you might want to consider one of those..
    BTW 2, my wrists are not very flat, more of a round shape. If yours are flatter, you might still be able to wear a bigger watch without it looking weird.

kjw

To me the lug to lug distance is as important or more so that the case diameter. The case thickness is also an issue. A relatively thinner case seems better on my 6 and 1/2 wrist. But ultimately if a watch is comfortable to wear, then it's OK. I had a 44 mm Pam Homage and sold it as it seemed too big. Once it lost its spot in the wrist rotation, it had to be sold.
    "The time to buy is when you see it." American Picker guys

Most likely too big unfortunately. Pilot watches tend to wear big due to long lugs.

Quote Originally Posted by sammysy View Post
    Most likely too big unfortunately. Pilot watches tend to wear big due to long lugs.
    Pilot watches were designed to be big on purpose so that the pilot could manipulate the parts easily~Plus it made it easier to see too, cheers!

The Great American Midwest where weather is too often the topic of conversation

Well mine is 6" even and this sterile mini fiddy is 44mm. I do have flat wrists so possibly, rather than the circumference of your wrist maybe the shape of it matters more for those of us with smaller wrists.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a 6.5-inch wrist that is flat on top, which allows me to wear fairly large watches comfortably. The lug-to-lug distance makes a big difference; when a bracelet or band extends beyond the wrist and has to come back to make a wrap, the look is a bit odd. My Korsbek Oceaneer just fits:

Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller | Eterna Super KonTiki 1973 Limited Edition

You'll be fine, I have the same wrist and no worries wearing bigger watches. A lug to lug distance of 52-54 still looks okey. So don't worry

But it's a personal choice, no one else can't tell you if you will think it looks too big. Just wait and see and don't bother about other opinions if you like it...
    Last edited by Jockinho; February 5th, 2010 at 23:15.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information