A word of praise for Hager Watches
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: A word of praise for Hager Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    GGN

Off Topic post A word of praise for Hager Watches

Hi guys,

As some of you know, I've written a few books. The latest one introduces my title character Amy Skyler, she'll become my Dirk Pitt / Jason Bourne-like hero in the future. Anyway, given her active nature, I had the idea of giving her an active watch. One of my favourite watches I've come across here over the last 18 months or so was the Hager Commando, basically because it offers a lot and meets standards set by the MOD. Cool idea and a no-excuses approach.

So anyway, last week I shot an email off to Hager about the idea of Amy wearing a Hager watch in the new book and sure enough I got an almost instant reply of 'YES! Great idea!' etc. Now, having dealt with a few companies, some large and some small in similar circumstances, it was a pleasure to deal with Pete, Brenda and their 'can-do!' attitude.

Anyway, this isn't an advertisement. I know some of you affordable guys own the Commando and thought you'd appreciate the effort. In keeping with forum rules, I will not post about the book here Just wanted to give a shout-out to Hager.

Geoff

Amy's watch :

Name:  hager_commando_small.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  76.2 KB
    curiousMan and dbh like this.

Re: A word of praise for Hager Watches

The Commando is a great watch by a wonderful husband/wife team of watch lovers. I was on the pre-order list and loved mine, although at some point I decided I had too many subbies and let it go to a certain Texas Sub-addict who likes English Ales (Hi James!)
    DPflaumer and GGN like this.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

Neat idea, hope it's successful for both you and the Hager folk. I'm sure the fact that Dirk Pitt wears a Doxa has done that brand no harm at all.
    Watches are a good way to tell the reader something about your characters. The hero in my novel wears a Hamilton military watch (simple, reliable) whilst that villain wears a JLC Reverso (flashy, two faced).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    GGN likes this.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool.
    GGN likes this.

A word of praise for Hager Watches

Good call, I love my Hager and it gets a lot of rotation. I'm wearing it today, as a matter of fact!
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355947869.418809.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  81.3 KB
    GGN likes this.
    Tag Heuer Link Chronograph Calibre 16 CT2111.BA0550
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500M Quartz WAJ1111.BA0871
    Hager Commando
    Orient Ray EM65009D
    Raymond Weil Tango
    Seiko SNDA65
    Jackson Tse Luminor Sterile Homage
    Invicta 9403 Pro Diver
    Timex Vintage Manual Wind
    Kadloo Ocean Class
    Lew & Huey f71 Commander 300
    Omega Vintage Seamaster

More than 20 lbs and a dozen years ago, I served as medical cadre at the U.S. Army's Ranger School, and the Hager is a lot like a watch that was popular with the guys in my unit, a Casio dive watch with similar specs (except it was Quartz)...I'd say you made a good choice.
    Name:  Casio Watch Black.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  6.7 KBName:  Casio Watch Gold.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  6.8 KB
    GGN likes this.

GGN

Cheers guys :)

Yeah, Clive Cussler has a lot to answer for - he's made quite a few watch references over the years and he's played a part in my interest because of it. I think it was one of his books that made me ask 'Just what is this Omega Speedmaster he keeps talking about?!' I'm also an admirer of Jacques Cousteau!

As I think about what might happen when a watch addict writes a detective novel, I can't help but think of Monty Python's timetable sketch.

GGN likes this.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

I keep getting tempted by these Hagers. They have some nice looking pieces on their website.

Great looking watch. Thanks for posting as it generated interest for me to know more about this brand.
    Cheers,
    Pierre

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information