WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is It Worth Fixing This Timex

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  BruceYi 
#1 ·
It was one of my first watches (many years ago). Don't know why but Ive kept it. It doesn't work (not running probably battery, no strap). I can't even figure out what specific model Timex it is, if anyone could help with that much appreciated. Anyway do you guys think its worth fixing or should I just throw it out? :think:

See less See more
#2 ·
If it's just a battery, then $5 ought to do it. But a Timex chrono is, $50? for a new one? Then you need a band or strap....$10-$15 for a Timex one at Walmart. Some Timex's can be hard to get the snap backs on with out a case press. Need to lube gaskets with special lube or replace if needed. So maybe $20 to get this one going vs. $40-$50 for a new one. If I wanted one to wear every day I would just get a new one, but if it's an old freind you want to have running again, then fix 'er up. Any bad scratches on case or crystal? If so that is one more vote to junk it.

I get battery's for $1 on eBay and have all the tools and gaskets, I would at least try a battery, and save it!

#8 ·
I have one similar without the number indices. It is powered by a OS10 movement made by citizen and as far as I remember it takes a 927 battery so it'll cost you about $20 with strap to get running again. I lent mine to my brother a couple of years ago and it is still running strong. It's a pretty good quality watch...I'd keep it. You could even send it in to Timex and they's replace the battery and put a metal bracelet on it for really cheap. Actually I might call my brother and get it back!!!

#10 ·
Dude... there's enough trash in landfills already... fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.