Yema Superman Bronze Heritage - Page 2
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Yema Superman Bronze Heritage

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Yema Superman Bronze Heritage

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    But they indicate that it is easily serviceable by any watchmaker, that usually doesnít fit with having to source parts from a variety of sources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that any watchmaker would be clever enough to order parts, if needed, from Yema.

Re - the movement...

Project page says it has 31 jewels. I don't know as much about movements as some others, but I think that's unusual. It's the same number as the Rolex in-house calibre 3135, and the Vostok 2416B.

Doubtful they're buying Rolex movements and modifying them. My untrained eye can't immediately discern any visual similarity to the Vostok.

With the 45 hour power reserve, and 28.8k bph, it seems like we'd have enough to go on, if we wanted to "find out what it REALLY is".

Couldn't find any ETA calibres with 31 jewels, nor STP. It's not a Ronda R150. Doesn't look like a Soprod. Doubtful it's a Concepto or Vaucher. The Technotime TT 738 has more jewels and a longer PR - and I think TT went out of business anyway. It doesn't appear to be the Accurat K1.

Most of the calibres available from the Swiss manufacturers would cost more than the obvious candidates. The only one I can think of which MIGHT be priced competitively would be from Schilds, the S280, recently available by way of China, but I'll be damned if I can find the specs, or a good pic of it. I may have one from my visit to the HK fair last year. I'd have to dig through all the info I brought back with me, and shoved in my desk drawer.

Going back to Technotime - I'm 90% sure they went belly-up, but...I think they were based in France, and I think sometimes movement manufacturers will look to scoop up the assets of belly-up companies in the industry. I think Felsa Leschot may have previously owned part of Technotime, and they could conceivably have come up with some new calibre based on the TT, whereas they had been producing clones of the ETA 2824 and 2892. Yema being a French company, maybe they'd want something based on a calibre from a defunct French movement manufacturer. I'm connecting some fairly disconnected dots, but at least there ARE dots to connect.

There are countless Chinese made calibres which MIGHT be the base of some other calibre. I can't imagine too many are 12 lignes, 28.8bph, with 31 jewels, and a 45 hr PR. Someone with a knowledge of Chinese movements would hopefully know if there was one that would fit the description, and speak up, if so.

The KS price of $698 is supposedly a 46% savings of the ultimate in-stock retail price, so...$1300. That ain't cheap. If they're selling a gussied-up Chinese calibre, you'd think someone would spot it, and call them out on it, especially at that price.
    Last edited by docvail; June 3rd, 2019 at 08:34.
    praetor47 likes this.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. Itís not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

So...turns out it took way less time to find the Schilds info in my desk than I'd spent searching for it online.

It's not a Schilds - the S280 has 26 jewels, and a 40hr PR.

This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. Itís not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by docvail View Post
    So...turns out it took way less time to find the Schilds info in my desk than I'd spent searching for it online.

It's not a Schilds.
    Yes, I think it actually is what Yema is claiming for : in house designed movement, with parts coming from France, China and Switzerland.

Sooo it's a company with 1 watch model out, that's stepping into self-assembled movements either put together from a plethora of suppliers across the world, or basing on out-of-business technotime remnants? For their second watch release?

This to me sounds like madness. Is Yema trying to set themselves up for future trouble wrt. servicing cost overruns and crazy QC overheads?

Edit: nevermind, see Yema's post below.
    Last edited by X2-Elijah; June 3rd, 2019 at 08:23.
    Outgoing: Obris Morgan Seastar 60s
    Wearing: E.C.A Calypso Sport
    Incoming: mystery watch A
    + always on wrist: Fitbit Inspire HR

Hello everyone,

Our in-house movement has been 100% designed by our own watchmakers, it inspires partially from the 1970's France Ebauche that equipped most YEMA watches at that time. We didn't need to build upon existing Swiss or other calibers, our French region carries over 600 hundred years tradition in watchmaking, it hosts the most notorious national Watchmaking School and is home as well of thousands of La Chaux-de-Fonds employees (we're just 20 minutes away). It's a robust caliber that does the job and is easily serviceable by any watchmaker, obviously parts are to be provided by us since it's our own design. As from this summer YEMA will have Official Service Centers in the US so you won't need to ship back your watch to us in case you might need to service the mouvement. Our in-house movement has been sold mostly in France since 2011 and following several request from US customers we are now keen to promote it overseas. Mind that promoting worldwide from scratch a non-Swiss caliber requires a gigantic advertising budget, the Swiss are way too powerful. Instead we opted to patiently build a loyal customer base first then waited for the overseas demand to arrive naturally. We are a family-run business, not a public company, we are fine selling tens of thousands of time pieces instead of millions. If you are looking for an original design non-Swiss caliber with workhorse performance this should be a good place to start. For your peace of mind all our watches (including the Superman Heritage Bronze) carry a 2 years International Warranty.

YEMA In-house Caliber MBP1000

The bezel-lock mechanism is trademarked since the 1960's and is one of the many components that make each YEMA Superman unique since more than 50 years. Same for the arrow-shaped minutes hand which design dates back from the 1960's and which facilitates dive time reading.

Note as well that the handset's lume of the prototype pictures shown at Kickstarter and press reviews is not same as the models that will go into production, the hands lume will look exact same as the markers for the production models (see picture below). All this is extensively and openly discussed on our Facebook Group :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/yemakickstarter/

Name:  SH Bronze Hands Lume Prod Final.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  68.3 KB

There's also another thread at WUS where the Superman Heritage Bronze is discussed:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/yem...t-4959687.html

Thank you and please feel free to ask any questions, we are happy to help!

Greetings from France
    Yema.com Official Store - Free Shipping - Best Price Guarantee

@yema_watches #YemaWatches #TimeofHeroes

Crap.

I think I just became very interested in Yema.

Greetings from France, indeed.

To Yema - good on you. Best of luck with this project, and thank you for offering the market another choice in mechanical movements.

If you plan to wholesale the movements to brands other than Yema, I might be interested in ordering a sample for inspection, as a precursor to using them in a larger production.

I own NTH watches. Forum rules prohibit me from posting a link, but if you search for it, you'll find it.

Hello docvail,

Thanks for your nice words. As a matter of fact we are familiar with NTH watches, your Holland model design is very nice, congratulations for the good job!

Here at YEMA we already support a number of French micro-brands which leverage from our watchmakers team assembling expertise and fully-equipped workshops. We can't disclose the brands names because of NDA's but a number of them are very well known by now and we're proud of the collaboration. We've been also requested several times to wholesale our in-house calibers by same micro-brands and we are seriously considering this. But before this, we are working on a much larger project which involves the creation of a watchmaking incubator to better support French micro-brands and foster innovation. This will take time because there are a number of key partners involved (watchmaker schools, local government, etc.) required to build the ecosystem but we are putting a lot of energy on it. We'll most definitively keep you posted once we're ready :)

On a global scale we observe with lots of joy the birth of what we call the "Americana watch ecosystem". There's a lot of innovation in watch design in the US by local micro-brands and we salute that. The team at Worn & Wound among others are doing a fantastic job giving more visibility to many of those talented and passionate watch entrepreneurs. In a watch world dominated by our Swiss friends (no offense to them obviously), we believe that watch ecosystems will go beyond national borders and feed from each other, it won't be a surprise if most innovation in watch design will come from these ecosystems in future. Innovation doesn't come from financials means but by pain, fierce competition, desire to differentiate from one another and PASSIONATE business owners. Most micro-brands worldwide are in this situation...
    Yema.com Official Store - Free Shipping - Best Price Guarantee

@yema_watches #YemaWatches #TimeofHeroes

Quote Originally Posted by #YemaWatches View Post
    Innovation doesn't come from financials means but by pain, fierce competition, desire to differentiate from one another and PASSIONATE business owners. Most micro-brands worldwide are in this situation...

Iím not sure if this is hyperbole, good marketing, or real passion talking, but Iím going to go back to Kickstarter....I love the story behind the brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    docvail and t_mac86 like this.
    IG: ikeepgoodtime

t_mac:

Finally the French do something right (in watchmaking)
    I had about given up hope.

X Traindriver Art
    t_mac86 likes this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information