Zelos Horizons GMT
Like Tree942Likes

Thread: Zelos Horizons GMT

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Zelos Horizons GMT

I just saw that the Zelos Horizons GMT opened for order, with delivery to follow within the next few weeks.

https://zeloswatches.com/collections/horizons-gmt

It’s currently being offered at $649 for all color ways except the meteorite dial, which is $749. Prices will increase to $849 and $999, respectively, starting 5/19/19.

A bracelet with divers extension is forthcoming in a few months time, to be sold separately.

Specs:

Case : 40mm Diameter, 20mm Lug width, 45mm Lug to Lug Length, 12mm thickness without crystal

Water Resistance : 200m

Crystal : Sapphire, thick vintage style 'Box' crystal. See-through Sapphire Caseback

Bezel Insert : Bi-drectional 60 Clicks mounted on ball bearings, Sapphire or Ceramic insert depending on model

Movement : Swiss ETA 2893 Elaboré with custom rotor

Material : 316L SS Case

Dial : Textured with C3 X1 Swiss Superluminova

Crown : Signed Crown, Screwdown

Bracelet (For SS models): 316L SS with Diver Extension Clasp. To be finished in 2-3 months and sold separately

Package

Leather Watch Roll

Tropic Rubber Strap

Horween Leather strap

Steel Warranty Card

Wooden Gift Box

Pictures:

Meteorite:

Slate Grey:

Cobalt Blue:

Hunter Green:

Lume:

Case back:

Case side:

Leather strap:

If I wasn’t a tad GMTed out ATM, I’d be all over this. Highlights for me:

-40mm (only 45mm l2l) and 20mm lugs

-I’d say thin at 12mm tall but I suspect the box crystal increases that to around 13mm—so I’ll just say reasonable height

-200m WR with screw down crown

-No guards

-Sapphire crystals on front and back

-Sapphire or ceramic bezel, depending

-Bidirectional bezel action

-Lumed dial indices, hands, and bezel triangle

-Date at the 6

-Swiss movement with GMT complication

-Cool rotor mod

-Cool color ways and attractive design

Who’s in?
    Last edited by ck2k01; April 22nd, 2019 at 05:12.
    Rotation: Casio (G-Shock GWM5610-1, F91W-1, A168WA-1, CA53W-1); Christopher Ward (C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 [black, 40mm], Mk2 [blue, 38mm]); Halios (Seaforth GMT [abyss blue, dive bezel], Seaforth III [sunburst grey, 12-hour bezel], Roldorf Seaforth [green/black, SS case); Monta (Oceanking 2 [gilt dial]); NTH (DevilRay [WatchGauge LE], Vintage Näcken [blue]); Omega (Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50.00); Seiko (SKX007K [mod with DLW parts: J dial, Deep Sea bezel, 007 Dual Time bezel insert, sapphire double dome crystal], SARB033); Squale (1521 TGV); Steinhart (Ocean 39 GMT Premium 500); Timex (Q Reissue); Zelos (Horizons GMT [meteorite])

Preorder: Hamtun (H2 Kraken [blue])

Preferred straps/bracelets: Fabric (seatbelt nato/RAF, chevron, sailcloth-style); Metal (oyster, jubilee, shark mesh, beads of rice); Leather (vintage); Rubber (tropic); Clasps (Glidelock-type, ratcheting diver extension, deployant)

Re: Zelos Horizons GMT

On first look I like them. I have been on the fence over ordering a Farer GMT for a long time now and these are less than half the price using the same movement (Elaboré vs Top).

I'd be interested in knowing what the exact thickness is to the top of the box crystal.

Zelos Horizons GMT

Quote Originally Posted by catlike View Post
    On first look I like them. I have been on the fence over ordering a Farer GMT for a long time now and these are less than half the price using the same movement (Elaboré vs Top).

I'd be interested in knowing what the exact thickness is to the top of the box crystal.
    Ditto. But that side shot seems to suggest it may not add much height. To my eye it looks like less than 1mm.

EDIT: just checked Instagram, and Elshan reported 13mm tall.

Perhaps a dash taller than I love, but it may wear sleeker given the overall design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ck2k01; April 21st, 2019 at 15:25.
    Rotation: Casio (G-Shock GWM5610-1, F91W-1, A168WA-1, CA53W-1); Christopher Ward (C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 [black, 40mm], Mk2 [blue, 38mm]); Halios (Seaforth GMT [abyss blue, dive bezel], Seaforth III [sunburst grey, 12-hour bezel], Roldorf Seaforth [green/black, SS case); Monta (Oceanking 2 [gilt dial]); NTH (DevilRay [WatchGauge LE], Vintage Näcken [blue]); Omega (Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50.00); Seiko (SKX007K [mod with DLW parts: J dial, Deep Sea bezel, 007 Dual Time bezel insert, sapphire double dome crystal], SARB033); Squale (1521 TGV); Steinhart (Ocean 39 GMT Premium 500); Timex (Q Reissue); Zelos (Horizons GMT [meteorite])

Preferred straps/bracelets: Fabric (seatbelt nato/RAF, chevron, sailcloth-style); Metal (oyster, jubilee, shark mesh, beads of rice); Leather (vintage); Rubber (tropic); Clasps (Glidelock-type, ratcheting diver extension, deployant)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I recently cleared the deck of all my auto watches in anticipation of this release and I splurged on 4 of them as soon as they came out on Friday: meteorite, blue, green, and Aventurine (special Facebook edition).

Don't know if all will be keepers (as usual) but I wanted to check these ones out since I'm a 3 time zone addict.

I've never tried a meteorite dial before so I'm looking forward to checking that one out the most.
    Automatic: 4 Quartz: 24

Bernhardt BOLDR Casio (13) Erika's (15) Junkers Scurfa (6) Timex (3) Zelos (3)

I like the green. Interesting that it has a ceramic bezel and the others are sapphire?

What is the Aventurine?

Hmm. Can you please post a pic of this Aventurine version?
    ck2k01 likes this.
    NTH Santa Cruz
    Casio Oceanus T200

Quote Originally Posted by X2-Elijah View Post
    Hmm. Can you please post a pic of this Aventurine version?
    Snapshot from the website:

Sent from the talk of Tapa
    ck2k01, eztime, slorollin and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by catlike View Post
    I like the green. Interesting that it has a ceramic bezel and the others are sapphire?

What is the Aventurine?
    It’s a limited edition dial only available for members of the Zelos Timekeepers Facebook group.

Sent from the talk of Tapa

Jumped on the Blue myself. I wavered between that and the slate but ultimately picked the blue. I am now a bit of a GMT nut at the moment and this was perfect.
    The next watch I get will definitively, finally, and without a question, be my last one!

Quote Originally Posted by thejollywatcher View Post
    I recently cleared the deck of all my auto watches in anticipation of this release and I splurged on 4 of them as soon as they came out on Friday: meteorite, blue, green, and Aventurine (special Facebook edition).

Don't know if all will be keepers (as usual) but I wanted to check these ones out since I'm a 3 time zone addict.

I've never tried a meteorite dial before so I'm looking forward to checking that one out the most.
    My man!

I love me some GMTs too. I decided just now to pull the trigger on a meteorite. If I like it, great, I'll flip something; otherwise, I'll catch and release.

I'm likewise excited to try a meteorite dial (never had one). I've got a Hamtun H2 meteorite on pre-order, which I'll probably wait for regardless to try out a titanium watch (also a first for me).

I look forward to seeing shots of your green! I definitely dig the look and brushed ceramic bezel of the green, but the meteorite edged it out for me.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information