• 9 Post By AlbertaTime
  • 1 Post By Chascomm
  • 1 Post By Sebast975
  • 1 Post By Bradjhomes
  • 6 Post By AlbertaTime

Thread: Atelier Wen "Hao" at the AMCHPR

Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

Atelier Wen "Hao" at the AMCHPR

I wrote about this watch when I received Robin and Wilfried's prototype piece for review, as that No. 000 watch visited a number of reviewers one after the other, around the globe.

Well, I have one of my own, now, No. 192, and it's a gift I'll proudly accept from Atelier Wen, especially given my personal backstory with Robin--and therefore the brand. Robin and I have both been very open about our friendship since we first met, by total coincidence in Beijing, which that last link describes. It was my immediate decision to introduce Robin to Li Wei of the China Horologe Association after that chance meeting that gave Robin his very first introductions to the people in the Chinese watch industry. It's been my great pleasure to see Robin and his business partner Wilfried take thoughtful advantage of every opportunity that has followed.

So, here's my new Atelier Wen "Hao". I still think it's every bit as as beautiful as I thought when I first held the prototype. I love wearing it. It's plainly Chinese, very clearly influenced by tradition, but it presents fully up-to-date on the wrist. And, since my watch-related budget very much mostly goes to travel rather than buying more watches, I'm also plain really grateful to have some fresh new wrist candy.

https://www.amchpr.com/uploads/5/7/6/1/57616385/atelier18_orig.jpg[/img]

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Atelier Wen "Hao" at the AMCHPR

That porcelain keeps looking better all the time.
    AlbertaTime likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Wow.
    AlbertaTime likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    That porcelain keeps looking better all the time.
    No kidding. The watch is a gem, and the dial is like milk.
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

Love that dial
    AlbertaTime likes this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bradjhomes View Post
    Love that dial
    Thanks, Brad. Me, too

I met the Chinese designers that Robin and Wilfried work with: Liu Yuguan and Li Mingliang, and they're both young, sharp, serious and level-headed. Seen here talking with Li Wei of the CHA, outside a shoot for a CCTV9 documentary on economy, history, art and manufacturing.

And, here, with Robin and Wilfried, at the same shoot.

The show is expected to air in November and Robin says I can likely post the thing on my site, so I'll keep you all notified. (I have a small bit in the documentary as a western 'expert' on Chinese watch manufacturing history, in this case: the history of Liaoning Watch Factory (1957), which became Kongque/Peacock (1977), which makes the Hao's movement.) Li Wei took this photo of me shooting shooting.

Thread Information