Bauhaus dilemma
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bauhaus dilemma

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bauhaus dilemma

I wanted to get a Bauhaus inspired watch for some time now in my collection. I have settled between 2 watches and cannot decide.
    The first is the homage to nomos by carnival. Size is perfect at 39 mm and send to be a quality piece. As far as movement is concerned I do not know what it houses. Think of getting it with the mesh strap since I do not have another watch with one. Anyhow easy to swap with a leather strap.
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c88LykC

The second is a DOM. I like the domed Crystal, it houses a Seiko NH35, but is a bit larger at 41mm. Again I am thinking of getting it with a mesh strap. This is also 50m water proof, can take a leasure sweetie with it from time to time.
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b9lalexm

Anyone have any of the two and could share an opinion on quality?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Re: Bauhaus dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by crAss View Post
    I wanted to get a Bauhaus inspired watch for some time now in my collection. I have settled between 2 watches and cannot decide.
    The first is the homage to nomos by carnival. Size is perfect at 39 mm and send to be a quality piece. As far as movement is concerned I do not know what it houses. Think of getting it with the mesh strap since I do not have another watch with one. Anyhow easy to swap with a leather strap.
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c88LykC

The second is a DOM. I like the domed Crystal, it houses a Seiko NH35, but is a bit larger at 41mm. Again I am thinking of getting it with a mesh strap. This is also 50m water proof, can take a leasure sweetie with it from time to time.
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b9lalexm

Anyone have any of the two and could share an opinion on quality?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    The Carnival NOMOS Tangete homages use Sea-Gull TY2713/ST1731 movements, the same type/series used in Sea-Gull, Rodina, Rider, Feice, and just about every other mechanical Tangente homage being sold. The ST1731 has a date feature. Some of the others use the dateless ST1701. Unlike the others, the Carnival has a mineral crystal, instead of synthetic sapphire, and that's one reason it's cheaper.

I wouldn't trust a 50M Chinese watch to actually be much more water resistant than a 30M WR version. I took a brand new, 50M WR Q&Q by Citizen watch in the pool, and it leaked.
    Last edited by HoustonReal; June 9th, 2019 at 03:12.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

I got the DOM watch in the end in the ongoing Ali sale for just 37 euros!

Does anyone know to which watch this DOM is an homage?

Name:  DOM.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  69.9 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by crAss View Post
    I got the DOM watch in the end in the ongoing Ali sale for just 37 euros!

Does anyone know to which watch this DOM is an homage?

Name:  DOM.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  69.9 KB
    Good choice and that's a great price, you can't go wrong with an NH36. I've had my eye on that one for a while but would like to see some real pics before I decide. Please post some photos when you get it!

I'm a bit confused,this two watches use a ST and a NH movement inside?...for only 40-60$...??are you sure boys..?..ALI-Express sells cheap chinese watches such Winner-Jaragar ecc...by the way,I looked at the watches in the AE site,where do you read..NH/ST movement inside?...they speak only of generic automatic movement

Quote Originally Posted by Casertano69 View Post
    I'm a bit confused,this two watches use a ST and a NH movement inside?...for only 40-60$...??are you sure boys..?..ALI-Express sells cheap chinese watches such Winner-Jaragar ecc...by the way,I looked at the watches in the AE site,where do you read..NH/ST movement inside?...they speak only of generic automatic movement
    AliExpress sells a wide range of watches, not just the cheaper Jaragars and Winners. See below screenshot from the listing which shows the movement of the Dom watch.
    crAss and Casertano69 like this.

Confused Re: Bauhaus dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by mrwomble View Post
    AliExpress sells a wide range of watches, not just the cheaper Jaragars and Winners. See below screenshot from the listing which shows the movement of the Dom watch.
    Good answer...but I continue with my(small)confusion...Seiko watches with inside this movement(nh35)cost about 250-400$(this is the range of price),now,I don't understand(honestly)how a DOM/Carnival watch of about 60-80$ have a NH35(base)japanese inside...this is magic...$63.58 is the price of the movement(only the movement)and this is the cheaper price on the market..now someone here(this fantastic section)can explain to me how they use this movement in a watch of 60-80$(shipped)?... ...are we sure these movements are genuine japanese?...or(I hope not)they are chinese copies......for me there is something of strange......somebody here has bought one of these watches and can give a confirmation about the caliber inside?....I like much this Carnival,but I don't know which movement 's inside..Name:  71AqeilAg-L._UY445_.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  23.7 KB
    Last edited by Casertano69; June 20th, 2019 at 22:30.

Hi !

There's also a nice Binger in Bauhaus style.

It features a Seiko NH35 movement, the crystal is not sapphire, but is nicely domed. I got the coffee dial, and it looks quite good.

I'm not able to post links right now, but if you search a bit on AliX, you'll find it.
    Casertano69 likes this.

Whst is the price of this watch?

Inviato dal mio Archos 45 Titanium utilizzando Tapatalk

Around 70€, shipping included, for where I live in France.
    Casertano69 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information