Best Chinese Movement Manufacturers?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Best Chinese Movement Manufacturers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Chinese Movement Manufacturers?

I am currently looking to see who are the best Chinese movement manufacturers, as I am currently shopping for some new movements to do bulk orders for.

Based on my current knowledge, SeaGull pretty much is the #1 out of all movements, followed by Hangzhou, PTS..

Any other brands worth checking out that are quality and reputable?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Best Chinese Movement Manufacturers?

Shanghai, Beijing, Liaoning peackok....

Послато са SM-N950F уз помоћ Тапатока

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    Shanghai, Beijing, Liaoning peackok....

Sea-Gull is number one in volume, but like most large movement manufacturers, not all their movements are of the same quality. Their ST16/TY28 movements are really no better than the Dixmont DG28 series. Their ST25 line slots between the high volume ST16 and ST17 movements, and their ST21 and ST18 ETA clones. Almost all the large manufacturers also produce tourbillon movements, which are a category all by themselves.

Beijing Watch Factory had greatly refined the DG/NN28xx design with their SB12 and B16ZR calibers, but now new owner Fiyta has decided to move Beijing to Miyota movements.

Sea-Gull, Hangzhou and Liaoning all produce ETA clones. Hangzhou and Liaoning also sell 70+ hour extended power reserve calibers. Shanghai makes a very good 7750 clone as does Liaoning, whereas Sea-Gull is heavily invested in their ST19 chronograph series, based on the old Venus 175.

PTS Resources has ownership stakes in Hangzhou Watch Factory, Shandong Liaocheng Zhong Tai Watch Company and Qingdao Zixin Industrial Co. Ltd. They also sell movements produced by many other factories.

If you could explain the purpose of your contemplated bulk orders, maybe that would help. Right now you question is similar to "Who makes the best car?"
    mougino, stevarad and praetor47 like this.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonReal View Post
    Beijing Watch Factory had greatly refined the DG/NN28xx design with their SB12 and B16ZR calibers, but now new owner Fiyta has decided to move Beijing to Miyota movements.
    What does that mean for the production of BJF movements? I mean, they are not crazy (I hope) to stop developing or decrease movement production?

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

PTS Resources, being a movement supplier with stakes in several manufacturers and sourcing from others besides, would be an excellent starting point in your search for a bulk order. There is a very good chance that they would be able to recommend something suitable for your requirements.

What sort of thing are you looking for?
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    What does that mean for the production of BJF movements? I mean, they are not crazy (I hope) to stop developing or decrease movement production?

Fiyta isn't producing new automatic watches using in-house movements. I'm sure they may still produce movements for third parties, Beijing watches will only use Miyota 8xxx automatics, Beijing mechanical movements, and maybe a few BJWAF tourbillons. I had never really heard any complaints about the B16ZR. Fiyta claims the production machinery is too old, and the movements are not as good as the Miyotas, but I suspect it's more of a cost cutting move.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonReal View Post
    Fiyta isn't producing new automatic watches using in-house movements. I'm sure they may still produce movements for third parties, Beijing watches will only use Miyota 8xxx automatics, Beijing mechanical movements, and maybe a few BJWAF tourbillons. I had never really heard any complaints about the B16ZR. Fiyta claims the production machinery is too old, and the movements are not as good as the Miyotas, but I suspect it's more of a cost cutting move.
    This decision will haunt Fiyta in the long run. Soon more advance watch collector will demand in house movement for higher price products.
    stevarad and praetor47 like this.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    This decision will haunt Fiyta in the long run. Soon more advance watch collector will demand in house movement for higher price products.
    True.

Triton9 likes this.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Happy to explain my needs more clearly:

#1: 27 to 32mm diameter automatic 3-hand movement with 2 sub dials and date(optional)
    #2: 27 to 32mm diameter black IP skeleton 3-hand movement.

I have looked at PTS Resources, and while their prices are good for (#2), the heartbeat doesn't look particularly great on some of the movements I received compared to a SeaGull. They don't have (#1).

A lot of the Chinese manufacturers I speak with are apprehensive towards any brand outside of SeaGull for Chinese movements, which I find puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by pairofdimes View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone! Happy to explain my needs more clearly:

#1: 27 to 32mm diameter automatic 3-hand movement with 2 sub dials and date(optional)
    #2: 27 to 32mm diameter black IP skeleton 3-hand movement.

I have looked at PTS Resources, and while their prices are good for (#2), the heartbeat doesn't look particularly great on some of the movements I received compared to a SeaGull. They don't have (#1).

A lot of the Chinese manufacturers I speak with are apprehensive towards any brand outside of SeaGull for Chinese movements, which I find puzzling.
    I get the impression that Sea-Gull is the most reliable supplier of movements. They don't have back orders or stock outages, so they are easier to deal with. Combine that with fairly good quality, and you can see why manufacturers would like them.

The Shanghai Jing He JHB56 (27.4mm) is a good looking skeleton, but I don't know if they do black IP finishes.

Name:  20140609200098529852.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  102.1 KB

The Hangzhou 2820 is also better looking than the TY2809. You'd need to ask William Ho if any of these can be black IP in the right quantities.

Name:  unohacha_20160414095945.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  127.9 KB
    Last edited by HoustonReal; 1 Week Ago at 12:02.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information