Buying A Sea-Gull 1963
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Buying A Sea-Gull 1963

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Buying A Sea-Gull 1963

I am going to buy a new Sea-Gull 1963 37/38mm chronograph. I have been reading as much as I can about them on this forum. My question: Is Times International a good place to purchase one? They have a nice web site and I know that should not be the final deciding factor. Has anyone had any experience with them? Positive or negative?
    Joe
    "What's time to a hog?" Junior Samples

Re: Buying A Sea-Gull 1963

Oh...I am just waiting that Monkey Like Watch see this and give you his thoughts about that store :)))

Cant wait, popcorns are ready...

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

Buy from HKED, he is a very reputable seller.
    stevarad and hked like this.
    -Are we having fun yet?
    https://audiolesswpg.blogspot.com/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    Oh...I am just waiting that Monkey Like Watch see this and give you his thoughts about that store :)))

So what does all of that mean? I am asking a serious question that I don't think is out of line as I have seen many posts where folks ask about web sites and stores that sell watches. I am not trying to start some big "thing."
    joe

Quote Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
    So what does all of that mean? I am asking a serious question that I don't think is out of line as I have seen many posts where folks ask about web sites and stores that sell watches. I am not trying to start some big "thing."
    joe
    From what I have observed. Initially, the store was/is quite reputable, I will assume they sell and still sell legitimate Chinese watches. However, the controversy is that the store sells a copy of HKED's 1963 design (see the square indices) and refuse to stop selling them after HKED has asked him to do so. As well, for M_L_W who lives in Shanghai, where the store is situated in, refuse to sell within China. Meaning, the target audience is international. This, for M_L_W is a huge red flag as the store is quite local and the owner refuses store visitation.
    -Are we having fun yet?
    https://audiolesswpg.blogspot.com/

I bought one from Poljot24.de and couldn't be more happy :)

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post

This made me laugh. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mythless View Post
    From what I have observed. Initially, the store was/is quite reputable, I will assume they sell and still sell legitimate Chinese watches. However, the controversy is that the store sells a copy of HKED's 1963 design (see the square indices) and refuse to stop selling them after HKED has asked him to do so. As well, for M_L_W who lives in Shanghai, where the store is situated in, refuse to sell within China. Meaning, the target audience is international. This, for M_L_W is a huge red flag as the store is quite local and the owner refuses store visitation.
    Mythless, you are correct on these accounts, but there are a few more issues.

1. Recently, a WUS member sent the owner of "the store that shall not be named" a message asking if the Sea-Gull watch he wanted to purchase had an authentication QR code. (All Tianjin Sea-Gull watches made after July 2017 have this QR code to authenticate the watch.) The owner never replied to his email.

2. With the help of EOL Outlet owner*, AD for Sea-Gull*, and WUS forum member Kevin, it was discovered that "the store that shall not be named" was selling fake Sea-Gull watches. There was an entire thread where it was proven that "the store that shall not be named" was selling the fake version of a green military Sea-Gull.
    *Kevin is no longer affiliated with EOL Outlet, and I don't know if he is still an AD for Sea-Gull.
    Read the thread here:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/th...s-4818169.html

3. He rips-off and lies to customers with his "vintage line of watches". He buys cheap 7120/8120 movements, he buys NOS cases on Toabao for cheap, he buys re-issue dials on Taobao and then sells the watches for a huge profit. Most of his "vintage" 7120 and 8120 movement watches parts could be sourced on Taobao for 1/5 (or less) of what he charges.

Do you know why his Shanghai 8120 is so "rare"? Because Shanghai never made that watch.
    Read about it here:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/sh...1070987-4.html

As mythless stated, he has stolen a WUS member's (HKED) design and will not stop selling them. This alone is enough for WUS members to boycott the store. #membersunite

I would never give my money to this "watch charlatan", and in my honest opinion, you should find another outlet to purchase your watches; unless you don't mind giving your money to unscrupulous businessman.
    Last edited by Monkey_like_watch; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:57.

Thanks for all the input. I think I now have a pretty good idea of where I will buy my watch.
    Joe

There is an official Sea-Gull store on AliX with recent re-issue of 1963,
    Why would someone look for adventures of non-authentic watch if you could just buy it without any issues - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...51f57ade7BulSR
    Monkey_like_watch likes this.
    ----------------
    Anonimo
    Militare Automatico 2010
    Anonimo Dino Zei Glauco 11006
    Sea-Gull D304

Quote Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
    joe
    Sorry for not answering in right way, I just wanted you to hear the answer from people who made real research about that seller.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information