Can anyone identify this movement?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HoustonReal
  • 2 Post By Chascomm

Thread: Can anyone identify this movement?

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member flawless51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria (current) | Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    970

    Can anyone identify this movement?

    Supposedly it's from Hangzhou factory, but I can't be certain: https://i.imgur.com/krLUpq8.jpg

  2. #2
    Member HoustonReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,599

    Re: Can anyone identify this movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by flawless51 View Post
    Supposedly it's from Hangzhou factory, but I can't be certain: https://i.imgur.com/krLUpq8.jpg
    Looks like some variant of the Hangzhou 7 Series (28,800). It would be hard to know which one without more information.

    Name:  unohacha_20190904033033.png
Views: 33
Size:  491.5 KB

    Your picture:

    Name:  krLUpq8.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  646.9 KB
    flawless51 likes this.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

  3. #3
    Member flawless51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria (current) | Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    970

    Re: Can anyone identify this movement?

    Interesting. The balance bridge reminds me of Rolex (though not the rest of the movement).

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonReal View Post
    Looks like some variant of the Hangzhou 7 Series (28,800). It would be hard to know which one without more information.

    Name:  unohacha_20190904033033.png
Views: 33
Size:  491.5 KB

    Your picture:

    Name:  krLUpq8.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  646.9 KB

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    17,522

    Re: Can anyone identify this movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by flawless51 View Post
    Interesting. The balance bridge reminds me of Rolex (though not the rest of the movement).
    There are many movements that use a bridged balance going back since a century or so. I think Orient did it before Rolex.


    Added info: the Hangzhou 7-series is notable for having a power-reserve of 80 hours.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

  6. #5
    Member HoustonReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,599

    Re: Can anyone identify this movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    There are many movements that use a bridged balance going back since a century or so. I think Orient did it before Rolex.


    Added info: the Hangzhou 7-series is notable for having a power-reserve of 80 hours.
    Many Shanghai Jinghe movements have a double bridge, but they all tend to be decorated. The Sea-Gull ST25 series is another example, with a even closer design.

    Name:  Original-CARNIVAL-Fashion-Men-Watch-Top-brand-Multifunction-Automatic-Watch-Men-Calendar-Relojes.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  397.2 KB

    Name:  9wEeJWi.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  505.2 KB
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •