Celadon Imperial Impressions
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Celadon Imperial Impressions

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Celadon Imperial Impressions

I thought I will start a new thread rather than Hijack the older one. Took a few more pics of the Imperial.

The Packaging:

It comes in a simple outer cardboard box that is built enough on one side to keep the inner case from bumping around with "Celadon" imprinted. Ben also included a very nice custom card which I won't spoil away.

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 6968
Size:  230.1 KB

The inner leather case has a nice build to it. The tassels on the case raised immediate interest with the wife as a potential storage for her jewelry. Such unnecessary and selfish thoughts were quickly dispelled once I opened the case and saw that it was custom made for the Imperial. Not only is the leather pouch printed with "Celadon" but also has "Imperial" imprinted on it giving the assurance that this was made for this watch. And it shows, it fits like a glove.

Name:  015.jpg
Views: 6801
Size:  277.2 KB
    Name:  022.jpg
Views: 6799
Size:  246.7 KB
    Name:  028.jpg
Views: 6913
Size:  257.4 KB
    Name:  032.jpg
Views: 7275
Size:  257.7 KB

The Watch

So, the Imperial. The first reaction when I saw the watch was the dial was unlike any I have seen in person before. I have had sunburst dials, enamel dials and the likes but nothing quite like the Imperial's dial. The dial along with the thermic heated hands and the logo is incredibly beautiful to look at. I have been staring at the watch every few minutes. I have had the Zhufeng before and I always kept staring at the movement. With the Imperial the front is just as pretty, if not better, than the rear.

One thing to note about the logo and the hands - They are not the same blue. I am not sure if this was the intent or was an accident but it adds to the overall attraction of the watch. The hands are more close to Stowa Blue(sorry, I couldn't come up with anything better) while the logo is more of a Royal Deep Blue. It is easily visible when you see it but hard to capture in the pictures. The indices are set in silver tone and shine through the watch.

Name:  034.jpg
Views: 6860
Size:  283.2 KB
    Name:  053.jpg
Views: 7731
Size:  260.0 KB
    Name:  056.jpg
Views: 7886
Size:  226.6 KB
    Name:  062.jpg
Views: 6704
Size:  251.3 KB
    Name:  103.jpg
Views: 6716
Size:  273.6 KB
    Name:  106.jpg
Views: 6682
Size:  251.2 KB
    Name:  111.jpg
Views: 6621
Size:  267.5 KB

The Case, Strap and the Movement

The Strap is quite nice for a stock strap. It is nicer than some of my aftermarket straps. The strap itself has the Celadon logo imprinted twice and the buckle has one. I quite like the strap and haven't even had the thought of changing it.

The case is really nice. The lugs are quite beautiful and the overall the case makes the watch very well finished. It is quite shiny(for the lack of a better term) but not in a chrome-wheels-in-a-Florida-sun kinda shiny but very nice finish. The overall watch feels really well put together and definitely feels like an expensive watch.

The crown is just the right size for me, it is not too small like my Mido Baroncelli Peseux that required quite a skill to wind everyday nor is it too big to dig into the skin when worn. It is the perfect size for this watch and the overall winding mechanism is pleasant.

The movement itself is the absolutely beautiful SB 18. Nothing that I can add to the already well reviewed movement on this forum. I am no stickler for accuracy, I prefer my watches to keep time so that I am not late by a few minutes and besides since there is no second hand, I am not even bothered by it. I will keep an eye out for the power reserve though since my Zhufeng lost quite a lot of reserve when I had it.

The watch is engraved with "Made in China with Pride" in the back along with the limited edition number and the 首 character denoting it is one of the first of its kind.

Name:  047.jpg
Views: 6608
Size:  220.3 KB

Name:  064.jpg
Views: 6616
Size:  254.3 KB
    Name:  093.jpg
Views: 7924
Size:  190.0 KB

Now for my one gripe - The AR coating - not sure if it does have an AR coating but as you can see from the pictures the front crystal reflects a lot of light. It makes it very had to photograph the watch. This isn't a big deal when it comes to the functionality in itself as it doesn't hinder seeing the time but it does reflect a lot of light.

Overall - I am mighty happy with the watch.

Thanks for reading and please point out any factual mistakes I am sure I have committed in this.

Re: Celadon Imperial Impressions

you know, I am trying to limit my watch desires this month. And guess what- now I want this watch!

Mine has arrived and it is absolutely stunning,i am not going to take any pics because my poor camera will not do it justice but the pics above are excellent and capture it very well.

Everything about the watch is top quality,the dial is beautiful and really plays with the light as do the hands which really sparkle in certain light,as commented above the logo is a slightly different shade of blue and quite unique i would say,of course the beautiful,classic SB18 does not need me to add to the many gushing comments of others and the lack of a second hand adds a touch of class to the overall look.The strap is decent and i have not decided yet if is staying on.

The nice white Celadon box and the absolutely beautiful leather Celadon Imperial case are top quality and add pure class to the presentation as does the really nice personal card.

Congratulations Ben,i think you should be very proud of yourself as you have produced an absolute triumph of a watch.
    Last edited by pinkits; January 17th, 2014 at 16:17.
    monsieurxu likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Interesting, the movement is designated as a B18 which I think might be the newer generation of the wonderful SB18. Looking forward to comparing the two movements side by side, visually at least.

Ric

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post
    Interesting, the movement is designated as a B18 which I think might be the newer generation of the wonderful SB18. Looking forward to comparing the two movements side by side, visually at least.

Ric
    Ric,

You are, of course, absolutely correct. For those interested in the differences between the movements, see this thread for info. The most immediately recognizable difference is the location of the balance wheel (which on the new movement is more in line with the crown):
    SB18
    Name:  818019d1347305126-alternatives-eta-2824-2-beijing_everst_back1_det.jpg
Views: 6159
Size:  61.0 KB
    (picture borrowed from here)

B18
    Name:  1092712d1369128779-brand-new-sb18-movement-beijing-home_image.3161058.jpg
Views: 6147
Size:  61.4 KB
    (picture from the thread linked above)
    GUTuna and Memento Vivere like this.
    Zodiac: Super Seawolf
    Christopher Ward: C5 Malvern Slimline
    Orient Star:​ WZ0251EL; WZ0061DV
    Orient: King Master WZ0051FA; Millenium CFD0E001W
    Seiko: SDGM001; SPB053; SNK809K
    Poljot: Journey Chronograph
    Nth​: Antilles; Santa Cruz
    Maison Celadon: Imperial #13/25
    Bulova: Lunar Pilot Chrono
    Eterna: KonTiki Date
    Certina:
    DS 2 Precidrive Chrono
    Strela:
    Officer 111/999Citizen: Excalibur BN0100-51E
    WUS Project Watches: 2011 Moonphase No. 23/150; 2013 ST5 No. 47/225
    Custom: Skeletonized 6497 Clone
    Semdu:
    3038G-SS01
    Casio: Oceanus OCW-S100, G-Shock G7710; GD100-1BCR; GW500A

This imperial looks great.

A very fine mix between the Beihai (case and movement) and the ZunJue (dial texture) plus added stuff like the hands and indices...
    A great piece, I feel.
    monsieurxu likes this.
    “Don’t count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count.”

HtRV powa!
    Instagram: Franc38

Ric
    The movement is described as B18-6 on the included paperwork Ric.

Love that mesmerizing dial. I am also a fan of no seconds hand.
    monsieurxu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkits View Post
    The movement is described as B18-6 on the included paperwork Ric.
    Mate, is there anything better than a BJWAF watch or movement? I don't know if I love the modern Beijings more than their vintage branded Shuanglings, or even if the new Celadon will top them all. All I know is that BJWAF floats my particular boat.

Ric

Mate, is there anything better than a BJWAF watch or movement? I don't know if I love the modern Beijings more than their vintage branded Shuanglings, or even if the new Celadon will top them all. All I know is that BJWAF floats my particular boat.

Ric
    I agree mate,it is definately my favourite watch brand.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information