Fixing misaligned date on Alpha Day-Date
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chronoman23

Thread: Fixing misaligned date on Alpha Day-Date

Fixing misaligned date on Alpha Day-Date

Hi all,

I have an Alpha Day-Date homage, and I have noticed just shortly after getting it the date doesn't quite click down into properly centred alignment for many (though not all) days of the month. This happens only during a "natural" changeover--i.e. during the normal date change around midnight or so. The alignment is perfect in all positions when changed with the quick-set. I know I can correct the thing each morning by pulling out the crown to the first position and rolling it back just a touch to properly align the date, and this doesn't disrupt the time setting, but that doesn't guarantee the next changeover won't be just slightly incomplete as well.

Is there any easy remedy to this that doesn't involve removing the hands and dial? Any suggestion welcome! If it isn't possible I will live with this glitch. Otherwise the watch is beautiful and runs very well, and I have no urgency to send it back to Alpha.

Les

Re: Fixing misaligned date on Alpha Day-Date

Quote Originally Posted by Les Wright View Post
    Hi all,

I have an Alpha Day-Date homage, and I have noticed just shortly after getting it the date doesn't quite click down into properly centred alignment for many (though not all) days of the month. This happens only during a "natural" changeover--i.e. during the normal date change around midnight or so. The alignment is perfect in all positions when changed with the quick-set. I know I can correct the thing each morning by pulling out the crown to the first position and rolling it back just a touch to properly align the date, and this doesn't disrupt the time setting, but that doesn't guarantee the next changeover won't be just slightly incomplete as well.

Is there any easy remedy to this that doesn't involve removing the hands and dial? Any suggestion welcome! If it isn't possible I will live with this glitch. Otherwise the watch is beautiful and runs very well, and I have no urgency to send it back to Alpha.

Les
    I have a Parnis that I got back in April, which had exactly the same glitch with the date change. After wearing it for a couple of months, it seems to have "fixed itself". It seems
    to change fine by itself now. My latest Chinese addition which I received a couple of weeks ago, also has a less noticeable case of the same illness, but seems to be gradually improving too. I haven't been tempted to disassemble/repair either watch, with the risk of causing worse problems. My hands are getting arthritic with age, so I'm not as confident as I used to be, ha ha. The latest watch has another little glitch, which I wont attempt to remedy for a few weeks.
    Les Wright likes this.

Thread Information