How to authenticate a genuine Sea-Gull watch?
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How to authenticate a genuine Sea-Gull watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    13

    How to authenticate a genuine Sea-Gull watch?

    Hi,


    I bought my first watch ever on the internet. It is a Sea-Gull, before buying I verified that Sea-Gull watches comes with a verification QR code.
    Yesterday I finally recieved the watch. When scanning the QR code I got an error message. I asked the seller about it and he told me to use the scanner in WeChat. Which I did and I indeed did not recieved an error message but a page shown in the attachment.
    According to the seller I should have seen a different page before seeing the page in the screenshot. I don't see that page however. I recalled verifying a Xiaomi device it showed me how many times that QR is being scanned. This way the buyer can verify if the same QR is being distributed.
    Is there another way to verify the authentication? Since I only see that page when I scan it with WeChat.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Member Monkey_like_watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Born in San Antonio, Texas - Living in Shanghai, China
    Posts
    397

    Re: How to authenticate a genuine Sea-Gull watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russel88 View Post
    Hi,


    I bought my first watch ever on the internet. It is a Sea-Gull, before buying I verified that Sea-Gull watches comes with a verification QR code.
    Yesterday I finally recieved the watch. When scanning the QR code I got an error message. I asked the seller about it and he told me to use the scanner in WeChat. Which I did and I indeed did not recieved an error message but a page shown in the attachment.
    According to the seller I should have seen a different page before seeing the page in the screenshot. I don't see that page however. I recalled verifying a Xiaomi device it showed me how many times that QR is being scanned. This way the buyer can verify if the same QR is being distributed.
    Is there another way to verify the authentication? Since I only see that page when I scan it with WeChat.
    Russel,

    You need to do a QR scan of the Seagull official store QR code. Apparently, you haven't added Seagull to your Wechat contacts. You will need to add Seagull as a contact before you can add a watch. That is what I had to do. I have authenticated two Seagull watches so far, but I had to have Seagull's official wechat added as a contact first.


    You should be able to hold your finger on your phone screen(while in Wechat) to pull up a pop-up menu with an option to scan the QR code from that image you posted.

    Here is what Seagull's official contact on Wechat looks like.
    Name:  Screenshot_20181204-213446.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  262.1 KB
    Last edited by Monkey_like_watch; December 4th, 2018 at 15:26.
    watchcrank likes this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    13
    Thanks. I see more now. Do you know what this means? Do I need to fill in the other qr code?
    Attached Images Attached Images


  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Monkey_like_watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Born in San Antonio, Texas - Living in Shanghai, China
    Posts
    397

    Re: How to authenticate a genuine Sea-Gull watch?

    The top line says you bought a Seagull 819.368 ( I am roughly translating (that is not a word for word translation), but you get the idea)
    It should look like this watch:
    https://item.jd.com/1080714.html

    The first line of Chinese (1) says your watch is authentic.
    The second and third lines of Chinese (2)&(3) roughly translate to:
    If you want the 1 year warranty you must put your phone number in the first area and then click the red "button" on the second line (on the right)
    They will send you an SMS message with a number code and you put that number code in the second line area left of the red button on line 2.
    Then push the big red "button" on the bottom to submit the request.
    Are you in mainland China? I don't know if it will work on an international number, but you can try. Make sure you add your country code if you are outside the mainland.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Monkey_like_watch; December 4th, 2018 at 15:20.
    watchcrank and Kevin Ke like this.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    13
    Thanks. It doesn't work with international numbers. Most important thing is that my watch is genuine. So I can leave a positive feedback on Aliexpress without having doubts that I received a replica.
    watchcrank and Kevin Ke like this.

  7. #6
    Member Monkey_like_watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Born in San Antonio, Texas - Living in Shanghai, China
    Posts
    397

    Re: How to authenticate a genuine Sea-Gull watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russel88 View Post
    Thanks. It doesn't work with international numbers. Most important thing is that my watch is genuine. So I can leave a positive feedback on Aliexpress without having doubts that I received a replica.

    You are very welcome. Glad I could help.
    Please post some photos of your new watch for us.

    Take care,
    m_l_w

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    13
    This model 819.368 has already been reviewed on this forum. I like the formal and clean look.
    I bought it on Aliexpress after seeing people buying it from eol-outlet successfully.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    29

    Re: How to authenticate a genuine Sea-Gull watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russel88 View Post
    This model 819.368 has already been reviewed on this forum. I like the formal and clean look.
    I bought it on Aliexpress after seeing people buying it from eol-outlet successfully.
    Thank you for your review, it's valuable for us.

    Regards

    Kevin

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1

    Re: How to authenticate a genuine Sea-Gull watch?

    Hi, can some one help me to verify the authenticity of a watch I ordered recently? I’d like to leave an opinion on the site I ordered it but would want to make sure the watch is genuine. I don’t have access to wechat to do it myself.
    Thanks!

  11. #10
    Member Monkey_like_watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Born in San Antonio, Texas - Living in Shanghai, China
    Posts
    397

    Re: How to authenticate a genuine Sea-Gull watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Macks15X View Post
    Hi, can some one help me to verify the authenticity of a watch I ordered recently? I’d like to leave an opinion on the site I ordered it but would want to make sure the watch is genuine. I don’t have access to wechat to do it myself.
    Thanks!
    Macks,
    I can help you. PM me (send me a private message) a clear photo of the QR code on the back of the watch.
    watchcrank and Sergei T. like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. A new Sea-gull watch
      By soviet in forum Image Gallery
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: July 6th, 2015, 10:12
    2. Sea-Gull watch availability.
      By poywatch in forum Chinese Mechanical watches
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: April 8th, 2008, 19:01
    3. Where can I get a sea-gull watch?
      By zoomjohn in forum Chinese Mechanical watches
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: April 2nd, 2008, 01:29
    4. Sea Gull watches/movements
      By dbluefish in forum Chinese Mechanical watches
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: February 6th, 2008, 00:19
    5. Issued Sea-Gull watch for the Chinese Rail Service
      By infinitime in forum Chinese Mechanical watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: October 18th, 2006, 16:53

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •