Need help with a mod idea...

Thread: Need help with a mod idea...

Need help with a mod idea...

Ok, so I recently got the Bagelsport ExploII homage from the bay. I would like to mod it into a milsub/explorer design. Now here are my concerns. Has anyone verified that Bagelsport uses the DG2813 movement for it's Explo II? If so, then wouldn't I be able to take a DG2813 dial and hands and just switch them out? I want to keep the 24hr hand on the mod version, but want the orange pointer. So does anyone know where I may score one of those? Thanks so much in advance!

Banned

Re: Need help with a mod idea...

Quote Originally Posted by rpstrimple View Post
    Ok, so I recently got the Bagelsport ExploII homage from the bay. I would like to mod it into a milsub/explorer design. Now here are my concerns. Has anyone verified that Bagelsport uses the DG2813 movement for it's Explo II? If so, then wouldn't I be able to take a DG2813 dial and hands and just switch them out? I want to keep the 24hr hand on the mod version, but want the orange pointer. So does anyone know where I may score one of those? Thanks so much in advance!
    The DG2813 is a three hand display with date only. The 24hr - 4 hand model would be a DG3804...if it is a DG movement.

Bagelsport is a mushroom brand and the watches are assembled with whatever is the cheapest available movement at the time. There are no guarantees that watches from succeeding builds will have the same movement. There are several movements that will fit in these generic cases; both the simple 3 hander and the 4 hander.

Since these watches are not real brands produced by real companies; ie Sea Gull, Seiko, etc.; finding parts will be difficult.
    Your best bet is to try the vendor you bought the watch from; he may be able to source some of the parts you need.

Another thing that you need to be aware of is that the two movements are likely different thickness and will require special attention to mounting in a different case.

Interesting...thanks for that info! I'll have to look into the movement then! Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Also, would the DG2813 and 3804 have the same hand sizes (minus the GMT hand)? Or are those even two completely different movements regarding hand sizes?

Thread Information