NEWS: China Horologe Association announces the The China Watch Overseas Working Committee
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: NEWS: China Horologe Association announces the The China Watch Overseas Working Committee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

NEWS: China Horologe Association announces the The China Watch Overseas Working Committee

The China Horologe Association (CHA) announces the creation of The China Watch Overseas Working Committee

This photo, taken in Beijing, shows Mr. LiWei, Group Leader of the Working Group of the Domestic Horologe Department of the CHA, with Mr. Wang Mengjin, the Vice-Chairman of the CHA, presenting Robin Tallendier with his copy of the official CHA announcement

The China Horologe Association announces the creation of The China Watch Overseas Working Committee as a formal committee nominated by the China Horologe Association. All four of the members of this new Committee (as it happens, all WUS members) have developed strong and mutually supportive ties with the the China Horologe Association and its member collectors, companies and executives.

The Committee is described in more detail in the translation Robin provided, seen below.

Committee members:

Ron Good (Canada) of the Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCHPR) (AlbertaTime/f72 moderator at WUS), and honorary member of the CHA.

Brad Green (USA), Editor of EastWatchReview (Brad G at WUS) East Watch Review - Watch industry updates from the Far East

Boey Chern Yue (Singapore) (bcy at WUS) Boey is a well-regarded and very knowledgeable collector of VCMs and (especially) of modern Beijing Watch Factory watches.

Robin Tallendier (France) (Fandegrue at WUS) Robin is a UK student on exchange with Peking University in Beijing.

That's us...

The following is photos of the original plus a translation kindly provided by Robin. Any suggestions/improvements/corrections are welcomed.

In recent years, the China Horologe Association witnessed that the enthusiasm of the overseas clock and watch collectors attention has been caused, and through their main website, they widely publicized Chinese clocks and watches products, supporting the development of domestic clocks and watches. What they have done is advantageous for Chinese products' development in the world market, and they have received welcomes from the Chinese clock and watch brands.

In order to integrate sources at home and abroad, doing some further service for the industry development, strengthening the construction of the committee, and promoting the work effectively, we decided to establish an overseas working group. This decision was proposed by the Chinese Horologe Association, and maintain the admission from the Office of Collection Commission. Now arrange the related things as below:

Part One. Name: - China Watch Overseas Working Committee

Part Two. Assignment:
    1. This group takes the responsibility of promoting the Chinese horologe culture to the countries its members are located in. This also includes the development of Chinese horologe brands and their advantages or any related matters.
    2. This group organizes the communication between horologe collectors from the countries of its members and Chinese collectors;
    3. Write features and news or other kinds of articles about related business areas and post it on magazines or websites.
    4. Carry out all kinds of works delegated by China Horologe Association of Collection.

Three: Institutional framework and persons selected.
    The overseas group will set one chief expert (nominate Ronald Dudley Good); three implementation experts (Brad Green, Boey Chern Yue , Robin Tallendier). The specific works will be assigned by China Horologe Collection Association.

I think I very safely speak for all four of us when I say that we're all honoured to be given this opportunity to work more directly with the Chinese watch industry, with the support and direction of the CHA.

I've been fortunate to meet the other members of this committee face-to-face while in China (I envy all three of them the fact they get to spend more time there than I do ) my personal note here is that I couldn't be happier to have this closer association with three very gracious gentlemen, and I'm grateful to the CHA for being included. Looking forward to see where this leads...
    Last edited by AlbertaTime; March 9th, 2016 at 15:45.
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

Re: NEWS: China Horologe Association announces the The China Watch Overseas Working Committee

This is great news, and congratulations to all the new committee members! I hope I don't sound greedy, but I'm too excited to bite my tongue: does this development have any practical implications for those of us dedicated to meticulous historical documentation?
    No VCM, no life | The Chinese Watch Wiki is back! Serve the People by contributing your knowledge.

Re: NEWS: China Horologe Association announces the The China Watch Overseas Working Committee

Congratulations Ron, Robin, Boey and Brad! For those of us working tirelessly to improve the state of Chinese watchmaking and to educate the world on the quality and beauty of true Chinese watches, this is a milestone and a big step forward. I'm very much looking forward to what you all will help the CHA achieve in the coming years!

Like x 10,000!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Fandegrue likes this.

祝贺中国钟表协会海外工作组成立。
    感谢论坛上的朋友们长期对中国钟表的喜爱、收藏与研究。

我代表中国钟表专业工作组
    欢迎朋友们来中国访问。
    欢迎朋友们来北京交流。

感谢Ron Good
    恭喜Ron Good
    Fandegrue and AlbertaTime like this.

中国钟表协会 官方网址
    China Horologe Association

关于成立.国钟表协会收藏委海外工 组的通知-.国钟表协会
    Fandegrue likes this.

Congratulations Ron. Well deserved.
    Fandegrue likes this.

Thank you Ron for taking the time to post about the announcement! You are 100% right, I feel very honoured to be given such a opportunity; Chinese watches and clocks are my biggest passion, and to think that I will be able to get more involved and "closer" to the field fills me with joy.
    On a more personal point, I'd like to thank you because had we not met by coincidence nearly two years ago in the Beijing Watch Factory shop on Wangfujing, and had you not offered me to follow you for the day, none of this would have ever been possible for me. I'm hugely thankful for that.

Thank you very much, Ben, for your kind words. I believe this is a dream we all share, and I'm very hopeful regarding the bright future of Chinese watchmaking. Chinese horology companies have a true desire to improve, and they strive to learn more, to innovate, to become more efficient... All this at a frantic speed. What they have achieved over the past few years is impressive to say the least. I am convinced that as time goes by, there will be more and more people acknowledging the genuine beauty and quality of the true Chinese watches.

:)
    Last edited by Fandegrue; March 10th, 2016 at 03:16.
    Chascomm and Kris The Swede like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandegrue View Post
    On a more personal point, I'd like to thank you because had we not met by coincidence nearly two years ago in the Beijing Watch Factory shop on Wangfujing, and had you not offered me to follow you for the day, none of this would have ever been possible for me. I'm hugely thankful for that.
    Robin, please understand that the gratitude goes both ways. When I asked if you'd like to join me in my day's adventures, you didn't need to say yes. The thing was: I was leaving China in just a couple of days, as you know. During our time that afternoon I came to understand your intelligence and passion for the industry, and I very much understood how your very considerable education could provide you with valuable insights into the things you might observe. On top of that, the whole afternoon, you were straight up good company, and you carried yourself well.

I very quickly wanted you and Mr. LiWei to meet. I hoped you could work and learn to mutual benefit and friendship, and to help the industry, especially since I couldn't be there. I knew you'd bring good things to the east/west or domestic/overseas dialogue, and I'm thrilled the CHA sees what I see in you.

I'm hugely thankful for that, and more pleased than you can know that this is working out well for you.

And for us all in this group. I'm very grateful to Vice-Chairman Mr. Wang Mengjin, and to Group Leader Mr. LiWei, and to all members of the CHA for the opportunity to be included among this group of very thoughtful and gracious individuals. I have great respect for everyone involved.
    Fandegrue likes this.
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

Quote Originally Posted by liwei View Post
    感谢Ron Good
    恭喜Ron Good
    Please, my friend and teacher, I am grateful to you and to the CHA, with a special thanks to Mr. Wang Mengjin.

虚心接受,与感激之情
    Fandegrue likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information