Pagani Design PD-1639 - how can that price be real??? - Page 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Pagani Design PD-1639 - how can that price be real???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Pagani Design PD-1639 - how can that price be real???

Quote Originally Posted by crAss View Post
    I got into Chinese watches mainly because I thought the price in comparison with the offering was really good. And now I got across this watch. I bought it in an impulse for 54.86 euro from Ali (amazon UK price is around 110 euros) and this price includes:
    - Seiko NH35 automatic movement (I saw a listing with a miyota movement as well)
    - 316 stainless steel case
    - Ceramic bezel insert
    - Solid links/solid endlinks
    - Sapphire crystal
    - 10 Atm water resistance (at least another member in the Aliexpress thread says he has swam a couple of times in a pool with no troubles - I want the water resistance for surface swimming and this seems to be capable of that).
    If you like the design, what else would you want from a watch?
    It will replace my Tevise T801, mainly because it will be a usable automatic and water resistant.

The thing is what can the Chinese do more than this? The Tevise T802A is a fully working automatic watch for ~20 euros, this Pagani shows what can be accomplished for 55 euros and in the ~90 euro mark you get the parnis diver with all that this pagani has to offer (with a miyota movement) but with real 20 atm water resistance.

I would like to see what a 150 euro Chinese watch could offer...
    Yes, amazing. It looks like the watch in question is now $74, but that is still incredible. Sapphire crystal, NH35 movement, ceramic insert, and 100m WR. I own the Parnis 200m diver, and I rate it amongst the best of my collection. I also own a Sharkey Turtle, which costs a little more. Of course, many watch enthusiasts hate the Chinese for producing high spec watches at low prices, because it goes against everything they believe. For example, I own a Seiko SkX009, which is a nice watch, however the movement is inaccurate, the bracelet is cheap, and the window is Hardlex. Both my Parnis and Sharkey divers are better watches, and cost less than half the price. There are those people on this site who will still tell you how much better the Seiko is, but will not be able to tell you why
    crAss and leastonh like this.
    When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading

Had a hard time choosing so I got both. Finish and detailing are just stunning at this pricepoint, they both run around +4 which is also great. Could as well be a couple of hundred bucks watch.

Name:  IMG_20191129_130535.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  2.39 MB

The dust is not inside

Only minor downside for me: I don't like tapered bracelets, prefer straight.

Owhhh the green one looks even better on a vintage leather nato
    Name:  IMG_20191130_101210.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  2.10 MB
    The Watch Ho likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am going to start a thread on this watch. I ordered one of these. What I got was an "alleged" miyota movement, aluminum bezel, hardlex crystal. A complete fraud as the seller changed the listing several weeks after I ordered the watch. It says PD1639 on back, but clearly not what was advertised. I guess I wouldn't believe that what you got is what you think you got.

The watch I received had all what I wrote about in the first post. I haven't checked only the water resistant part. Next summer I will go swimming with it!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crAss View Post
    The watch I received had all what I wrote about in the first post. I haven't checked only the water resistant part. Next summer I will go swimming with it!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    The new 1639

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAGANI-DESI...72.m2749.l2649

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information