Review sterile submariner from manbushijie

Thread: Review sterile submariner from manbushijie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Picture Review sterile submariner from manbushijie

Review sterile Submariner from Manbushijie

Until today I did not have any submariner homage in my collection (unless one counts the citizen nyc2300), but today I got the sterile sub from manbushijie. First impressions is it´s a great looking watch not too small not to big (I am actually getting tired of the big ones; they are never as comfortable as an under 40mm watch).

Short facts.
    Width: 40mm 44mm with crown
    Thickness. 12.5 mm
    lug width: 20mm
    Lug end to end: 47mm
    Wr: 15 ATM
    The case has polished sides and brushed top and a screw down crown with an o-ring on the case part. The crown feels really solid and it feels like it has small treads but since it is so solid I don’t feel like cross treading should be any problem as long as one is careful. It has (according to seller) a sapphire crystal! Unusual at a watch this cheap. Sadly the crystal has a cyclop, I don’t like them but I know some wants them. I will remove mine when I have worn the watch for a while. The bezel is 60 click counterclockwise it is not what I would call ”hard to turn” almost too easy, but it is precise. I can’t stand it when the lume pip is of by 30 sec or so.

The watch comes on a brushed finish bracelet with 20mm solid end links that tapers down to 16mm and it also has a diver extension. I have mixed feelings about this bracelet I like the solid end links that fits tight against the case. But on the other hand I feel the diver extension and clasp r thin and looks weak (also this clasp model is in my opinion quite ugly) but I got plenty of straps and bracelets to choose from so this is not a problem. Most likely I will wear it on a nato, or a mesh since this will be something of a beater for me (got plenty of those by now)

Solid endlinks

The movement i really dont know what it is but it has the 2 funktions that i really like in a watch, it hacks and it handwinds(auto to of course). Since i change watches so often my autos r never wound when i use em so handwind is a great option for me . plz feel free to add info about wich movement it is i am sure someone knows.

The dial is glossy black with lumed indicies with a crome rim around them, and they look great. I would have liked a no date version but i guess i have to waith for the alpha usa milsub. Lume is what one can expect at this price, it is there but it fades in under 30min

Final toughts: if u like this style of watch and wants it sterile buy one ! I think its a great watch and manbushijie sells these for 55$ (IF u register at the site) u cant beat that price. It is plenty of watch for that money

EDIT: Foxglove have made this tread with movement pics. i will open mine and look if i have the same problem in mine as soon as my camera arrives

And some pics in different outfits

Mesh for the 70´s diver style

Black Nato

Rubber

Brown leather always looks good with black dial

And a bund
    Last edited by pompe; August 31st, 2009 at 22:40. Reason: added link to foxgloves tread

Re: Review sterile submariner from manbushijie

That is a great looking watch and having purchased from Manbushiji I know it will be a good quality piece that will last a long time.

One comment about the bracelet, not sure if you have ever owned a submariner but the bracelet that comes with it does feel quite flimsy and the thin metal bits at the clasp do feel very thin. It is a bit of a shock when you have just dropped over $5,000 to feel how flimsy it is. To be fair though it is also one of the most comfortable bracelets out there and that may be because of it's light weight!

All the best,
    Ian.

Great review~watch looks sporty!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Snazzy review. I ordered one just the other day, still awaiting it's arrival.

Again, great review - love all the detailed pictures. Thank you for posting!!!

-Ross
    Last edited by Foxglove; July 31st, 2009 at 05:17.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    Snazzy review. I ordered one, but haven't received the email from the seller yet. I assume all is well and it just takes some time for him to contact me.

-Ross
    When i bought mine the comunication with manbushijie was good he forgot to send me the mail with tracking number but as soon as i asked about it i got it in a return mail hours later. all in all a great guy to deal with

I have to ask... how much was shipping/handling for the watch? Or does the $55 include S/H?

I believe his S/H is $5 for the 1st 100g then its like $2 for each additional 100g. I guess it just depends on the watch or watches you purchase. You can also upgrade to various other expedited delivery services at commiserate prices. Like UPS or FedEx for almost as much as the price of the watch.

I just got by with $5 shipping on a Marina Militare which I'm sure is more than 100g, so either he didn't catch it, or he's just charging $5 per watch.

You also have to remember that he wants 4% of the total tacked on for Paypal fees if you use that method of payment.

But, it's all worth it to me. I have this Sub as well and it got here lightning quick from China in good health, and works/looks as good as I would have expected. I have had a little communication problem with him so far, mostly just him not replying, but so far he's done me right anyway.
    Dear WIS, I have seen your watch addiction affect your life negatively in the following ways...

Quote Originally Posted by helius View Post
    I have to ask... how much was shipping/handling for the watch? Or does the $55 include S/H?
    He charged me $10 for shipping. Kinda outrageous for a $55 watch (like 20%), I argued slightly, but ended up just paying it. At $65, I was slightly more reluctant to order, frankly, but on the other hand it's only $65

~Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    He charged me $10 for shipping. Kinda outrageous for a $55 watch (like 20%), I argued slightly, but ended up just paying it. At $65, I was slightly more reluctant to order, frankly, but on the other hand it's only $65

~Ross
    $10 shipping isn't all that outrageous, I guess. Alpha/Herc seem to stick on about that much in stamps on the few packages that I checked.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information