San Martin looks great - Page 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: San Martin looks great

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: San Martin looks great

I'm curious about this one too. I just received my bronze/blue-face San Marten 6105 clone and it's gorgeous!

My only concern is that I can't tell whether the bezel insert is actually bronze or an aluminum insert that's colored to match. Judging from your pic it's actually bronze so I'm in good shape, it's just not oxidizing as quickly as the rest of the case. Did you force the patina or is that all natural?

I'm also encouraged to hear good reviews of these watches. I picked this up on a lark -- I'd wanted a bronze watch for a while and saw this on The Bay. I figured so long as it's running a Seiko movement it'll be as reliable as any other Seiko-powered automatic, and surely the case will have at least decent seals. :D

I do want to hear more thoughts on the S.M. watches, though. So far I'm really shocked at how beautiful it is! In fact, I had a random stranger yell at me out his car window "Hey! That's an awesome watch! What is it?" :D

--Jaeger

Had a look at their site. A lot of their Seiko homages hardly seem worth the money to me, considering the watches they're modelled on are only a few hundred dollars more expensive. Of course, each to their own, but I think I'd sooner spend a little longer saving up to get the original.

The dials look a little cheap and unrefined, too, but maybe that's just my own bias.

What I am curious about is the quality of the finishing of the cases. Does it live up to/surpass expectations? A lot of 2-300 dollar Chinese watches (particularly homages) have disappointing case finishing.
    Monkey_like_watch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karabiner159 View Post
    The dials look a little cheap and unrefined, too, but maybe that's just my own bias.
    I agree.
    I looked at SM for a while on Taobao and then realized that my money could be spent on better watches.
    I am happy to say I never purchased one and never plan on purchasing one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information