Sea-Gull M182SK - some questions
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sea-Gull M182SK - some questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea-Gull M182SK - some questions

1. I'm interested in this watch, however the pricing seems to be all over the place. I've seen one on Ali for $144 and Good Stuffs for $127, while other places have them for $250 or well over $300. Both of the cheaper variants have positive reviews and comments saying they are authentic, so what's the deal here? I've read some mixed reviews on Good Stuffs on this forum so I'm wary of it being priced so low - are they fakes/factory rejects?

2. I want to convert it to manual wind to see more of the movement in action - can I simply unscrew the rotor or will that cause problems for the movement in some way, e.g. parts wearing out faster due to hand winding or some other issue I'm not foreseeing?

Thanks.

Born in San Antonio, Texas - Living in Shanghai, China

Re: Sea-Gull M182SK - some questions

I wouldn't trust Good Stuffs. They are located less than 15 km from my home in Shanghai, but they refuse to ship inside China.
    This is a huge red flag.
    They sell fakes; as has been proved in many other posts on this forum.
    Rickster27b likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_like_watch View Post
    I wouldn't trust Good Stuffs. They are located less than 15 km from my home in Shanghai, but they refuse to ship inside China.
    Could this be due to tax incentives or some other factor?

I'm not trying to argue, but was their M182SK ever shown to be fake? I've read through pretty much every post I could find on this topic and everyone seems to be satisfied with what they've received from Good Stuffs (for this particular watch). Everything seems to be exactly as in the official version, down to the engravings on the movement. I know "seagullwatchstore" have accused them of selling fakes, but that store has the M182SK listed for a ridiculous $388, while other sellers that are definitely legit (Long Island Watch) have them for $250 or less, so I take that with a grain of salt.

Maybe they have other fakes for sale, but is this particular watch a fake as well?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vintorez View Post
    Could this be due to tax incentives or some other factor?

I'm not trying to argue, but was their M182SK ever shown to be fake? I've read through pretty much every post I could find on this topic and everyone seems to be satisfied with what they've received from Good Stuffs (for this particular watch). Everything seems to be exactly as in the official version, down to the engravings on the movement. I know "seagullwatchstore" have accused them of selling fakes, but that store has the M182SK listed for a ridiculous $388, while other sellers that are definitely legit (Long Island Watch) have them for $250 or less, so I take that with a grain of salt.

Maybe they have other fakes for sale, but is this particular watch a fake as well?
    Don't take this the wrong way:
    I am not going to discuss "if's" and "but's"; I deal in facts.

First things first, seagullwatchstore.com isn't even an AD for Tianjin Sea-gull, so who cares what their website says about anything. (This has been discussed in other forum threads.)
    I know this because I called the Tianjin Sea-Gull Watch Co. directly and asked them who is an AD.
    Here is the bottom line: Neither Seagullwatchstore.com or Goodstuffs is an AD for Tianjin Sea-Gull. That is a fact! Who is an AD that sells to the international market? Kevin/EOL Outlet on ALiX.

Furthermore, Goodstuffs is selling WUS member HKED's version of the 1963 without HKED's permission. (per other WUS forum threads) Also, Goodstuffs is selling fakes, which has been proven in another thread concerning a military watch, et al. (per other WUS forum threads)
    He is an unscrupulous seller.
    Period!

Do me a favor: Message the owner of GoodStuffs and ask him if this watch comes with an authentication QR code on the watch case back. Not the QR code on the hang tag, but the watch case back. Ask him to take a photo of that authentication QR code on the watch case back with a blotch, smudge or mark on the QR code and have him send you that photo, then post it here.

Here is the deal: Sea-gulls come with two QR codes. The fakes will only have a QR code on the hang tag. The authentic Tianjin Seagull watches will have a hang tag QR code and a sticker QR code on the watch's case back.
    No case back authentication QR code=Fake watch. That is the only way you will know if this is a fake or not.
    Last edited by Monkey_like_watch; 1 Week Ago at 11:23.
    Sergei T. and watchcrank like this.

Here is what the authentication QR code should look like (this is a watch I won in an auction that I never opened. It came from Sea-Gull's flagship store on TMall. Some guy bid 300rmb, and I wasn't about to let him have it for that price. It was an 1800rmb watch that I got for 500rmb.):

Name:  IMG_20190611_172439.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  2.04 MB
    watchcrank likes this.

Thank you for your response. That's a good idea regarding the QR code, I'll let you know when/if he responds. I guess if there's no response that'll also confirm it.

What is the URL for Kevin/EOL Outlet on ALiX? I would like to check their prices.

watchcrank likes this.

Wow! I think that I know where I will buy my next Sea Gull. Prices are very food, the selection is awesome, and it’s an authorized dealer. Very cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information. I have been looking for a legitimate Seagull dealer, as the military "tank" watch is one that may be my next purchase ( 7 inch wrist be dammed).
    Monkey_like_watch likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information