Seagull 1963 Reissue Available from Seagull HK Directly
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Seagull 1963 Reissue Available from Seagull HK Directly

Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Seagull 1963 Reissue Available from Seagull HK Directly

I contacted Seagull HK directly a week or two ago, and apparently, they have the Seagull 1963 reissue available for direct order. I got in contact with Thomas at Seagull HK through their contact page:

http://www.seagullhk.com/english/contact.asp

and was quoted $180 for the watch, $15 for shipping to the US, and $8 if I wanted the display caseback instead of the solid caseback.

If there is interest on the forum, we could perhaps see if they are willing to negotiate a smaller per unit price for a large bulk order.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Seagull 1963 Reissue Available from Seagull HK Directly

I would be very interested in a group buy =]

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    I contacted Seagull HK directly a week or two ago, and apparently, they have the Seagull 1963 reissue available for direct order. I got in contact with Thomas at Seagull HK through their contact page:

http://www.seagullhk.com/english/contact.asp

and was quoted $180 for the watch, $15 for shipping to the US, and $8 if I wanted the display caseback instead of the solid caseback.

If there is interest on the forum, we could perhaps see if they are willing to negotiate a smaller per unit price for a large bulk order.

After seeing an earlier post this morning I went to the Tsinlien Seagull offices here in Hong Kong over lunch. And bought a 1963 re-issue. I felt like a kid in a candy store. There are 13 Pilot re-issue watches in the office. All ready to go.

At this point Thomas does not have sapphire glass case backs so my watch came with the standard steel case back.

Oh, I paid US$180.

Thomas is a nice guy and we had a chat while he was collecting all the pieces (strap, case, warranty card etc.) Apparently Tsinlien is no longer permitted to sell Seagull Tourbillons. (He has only one left). Once his stock is depleted you can only buy Tourbillons through the official Seagull dealer in Hong Kong.

In addition to that delicious plate of 1963 watches, there were a number of ST25s. Seagulls, as well as re-branded "Hirsch" and "Krones" watches. Not to mention all of the boxes I did not open to have a peak.

I am definitely going back there to check out other models.

Unfortunately, I am now back in, and stuck at, the office. With no time to play with my new watch.

Cheers, Torsten
    Last edited by Torsten; July 6th, 2010 at 07:44.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Torsten, this is interesting, so Tsinlien Seagull is not the official Seagull distributor in Hong Kong? It's interesting that they didn't have the display caseback available, since Thomas didn't indicate that to me in his email earlier this week.

According to the name plate at the entrance, Tsinlien is not just selling Seagull watches but is a garment trading company as well. The premises actually is an office and not a shop or show room. (I am very tempted to post the photos I took). Think 12sqm office room with a junior watch maker assembling watches surrounded by boxes and spare parts stored in tiny containers.

From what I understand, Seagulls are being sold through one of the local jeweler chains. I did not catch the name though as my Cantonese is pretty crap.

This would make sense as they appear to mainly sell the movements (according to other posts on WUS). And given the fact that they assemble re-branded Seagulls.

When I looked at my watch I asked about the sapphire case back and Thomas mentioned he did not have in stock.

Ditto, if shipping to the UK is an option.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Let us know how much. You can probably sign up at least 20.

Hmmm, spoke to Thomas a while back, and he stated display backs were made a long time ago, was for demo or prototyping. Production has since stopped for a long time, and will not be produced in the near future. :(
    However I've seen the other variants such as the 0437 model, and this apparently comes with a display back. ???
    I hope this has since changed and its in production again. I definitely want one for mine.

Cheers, Dave.
    jbbusybee likes this.

I couldn't help myself....
    Attached Images Attached Images

overakias likes this.

Any news of the 1963 Reissue in 40 mm case with sapphire crystal ?

Thanks,

Engi

Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information