Seagull D304 Plan B 65 anniversary edition just launched!
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Seagull D304 Plan B 65 anniversary edition just launched!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seagull D304 Plan B 65 anniversary edition just launched!

Hey guys just a quick update. I came across this announcement on Seagull official Wechat that Seagull just launched a new version of 1963 D304. Looks like they added some track under the hour marks, and lume on hands and next to indices.

Re: Seagull D304 Plan B 65 anniversary edition just launched!

the numbers are a different script too. Very nice though.

I just saw this one too.
    It is a mere 5000rmb or 700usd.
    知行合一

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the design but at that price I hope it has a display caseback and a better standard of finishing on the movement than your usual 1963...

Also, whoever did that image seems to have mixed up a Eurofighter with China's J-10 fighter! The canard foreplanes are further back on a J-10.
    Name:  30253718365_e540a124b7_o.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  663.1 KB
    Paddy V likes this.

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

I like it. I just don't like it enough to drop $700 USD. It still has the somewhat wonky ST1901 movement, found in $150 1963s.
    Last edited by HoustonReal; 2 Weeks Ago at 13:47.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Quote Originally Posted by Danfried View Post
    I like the design but at that price I hope it has a display caseback and a better standard of finishing on the movement than your usual 1963...

Also, whoever did that image seems to have mixed up a Eurofighter with China's J-10 fighter! The canard foreplanes are further back on a J-10.
    Name:  30253718365_e540a124b7_o.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  663.1 KB
    Well spotted Danfried! Such an oversight on the marketing folks at Sea-gull haha but whatever there's rarely a crossover between watch enthusiasts and military aviation enthusiasts. Not that one would care that much anyway.
    Danfried likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonReal View Post
    I like it. I just don't like it enough to drop $700 USD. It still has the somewhat wonky movement, found in $150 1963s.
    Where do you find 1963s at $150??! Maybe currencies today are ALL OVER THE PLACE but let's hope Sea-gull themselves finish their own ST19 to a higher standard and at the very least assemble them in much cleaner environments like the new Tianjin factory than the ST19s that go into the $150 Red Stars.

Although I've heard rumours that the guys who manage the Red Star 1963s and HKED ST19 movements have a bit of a connection to Sea-gull and know how to torubleshoot/QC these movements before they send them out. Although lemons very much do sneak through any rudimentary QC if they exist.

There's also the very probable chance that Sea-gull themselves have totally sub-contracted ST19 manufacturing to factories that supply HKED and Red Star. I don't see any difference between Sea-gull's own and these other brands except for the Sea-Gull marking on the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy V View Post
    Where do you find 1963s at $150??! Maybe currencies today are ALL OVER THE PLACE but let's hope Sea-gull themselves finish their own ST19 to a higher standard and at the very least assemble them in much cleaner environments like the new Tianjin factory than the ST19s that go into the $150 Red Stars.

Although I've heard rumours that the guys who manage the Red Star 1963s and HKED ST19 movements have a bit of a connection to Sea-gull and know how to torubleshoot/QC these movements before they send them out. Although lemons very much do sneak through any rudimentary QC if they exist.

There's also the very probable chance that Sea-gull themselves have totally sub-contracted ST19 manufacturing to factories that supply HKED and Red Star. I don't see any difference between Sea-gull's own and these other brands except for the Sea-Gull marking on the bridge.
    Hi I own one of the HKED and the Sea-gull ones. The movements are the same movement ( I believe HKED buys them off Sea-gull) but the Sea-gull one looks better finished and of course has the gilded the writing on the bridge. The case on the Sea-gull one is far superior to the HKED and the case back is very nice too, also it seals properly. I would trust the Sea-gull one to be water resistant.
    The straps that come with the Sea-gull are much better quality and the buckle is signed.
    Funny though the operation of the stop watch button and the reset were far smoother on the HKED one to start with, The Sea-gull one took a little use to break it in before it started to feel as smooth to use and the stop watch hand reset to the 12 o clock position properly.
    I really like them both and wear the HKED one for work all the time the other I'm a little more careful with as it cost more.
    I like the new one especially the sunken dials and the radial ribs around the dial. If it were a little cheaper I would consider one, maybe they'll come down in price once the initial hype is over.
    Danfried and Paddy V like this.

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy V View Post

Sorry, $169 with shipping, but if you buy off TaoBao, you can net one under $150 with agent fees.
    Paddy V likes this.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Chascomm and Christopher-N like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information