Seagull Movemnets as good as Swiss movements? - Page 7
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Seagull Movemnets as good as Swiss movements?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Seagull Movemnets as good as Swiss movements?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_like_watch View Post
    These issues you seem to have are likely to do with the watch manufacturer and not the movement manufacturer. Fingerprints? Dust? etc.
    These sound like QC faults of the watch maker and not the movement maker.
    Remember, Sea-Gull is the largest producer of mechanical movements in the world. It hardly seems justifiable to judge Tianjin SeaGull on what the watch maker does or doesn't do with their movements.

Lastly, have you ever had a authentic Tianjin Sea-Gull watch? I have had many and had zero issues with any of them.
    Hey MLW, let me change gears on you for a moment. I have never had an authentic Tianjin Sea-Gull watch but I have had watches w/the ST-2130, the ST-1812, and the ST36 (6497) movements and they have served me well. Where should I look (sources) for authentic Sea-Gull watches since you have more or less convinced me that I should have an authentic piece. If you can provide sites as well as anything to further pique my interest, I would be keen to hear. And, please don't suggest the one I would really like----the Atlantis----too $$$. Really, the last thing I need is a fake Sea-Gull----plenty of those on ebay!
    Monkey_like_watch likes this.

Born in San Antonio, Texas - Living in Shanghai, China

Quote Originally Posted by johnmichael View Post
    Hey MLW, let me change gears on you for a moment. I have never had an authentic Tianjin Sea-Gull watch but I have had watches w/the ST-2130, the ST-1812, and the ST36 (6497) movements and they have served me well. Where should I look (sources) for authentic Sea-Gull watches since you have more or less convinced me that I should have an authentic piece. If you can provide sites as well as anything to further pique my interest, I would be keen to hear. And, please don't suggest the one I would really like----the Atlantis----too $$$. Really, the last thing I need is a fake Sea-Gull----plenty of those on ebay!
    JM,

I am going to assume you are not in mainland China, so my suggestion is to go with one of these two places: EOL Outlet and Seagullwatchcompany. Both of these are affiliated with a guy named Kevin, who is also a WUS member.
    He is selling authentic Sea-Gull watches, and he even knew about the new bronze diver before they were released.
    Here are the websites:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gro...ad_6110206.1_0

https://www.seagullwatchcompany.com/collections/watches

You can PM me if you have any more questions, concerns, etc.

Good luck,
    M_L_W

I've also used EOL Outlet and am a satisfied customer, but if you prefer an American seller of Sea-Gull watches, you could try longislandwatch.com. Note that, when you shop by Brand, they have separate entries for "Sea-Gull" and "Seagull 1963". If you want something made by the original Tianjin Sea-Gull company, choose the former.
    Last edited by Danfried; 6 Days Ago at 18:28.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi, I have a Timex T2m516 automatic, power reserve 40 hr, date, open hart with screw down crown on black leather strap. It has been incredibly accurate. The see through back shows a clean movement and blue screws. I recommend it. 42 mm

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_like_watch View Post
    HAHA! Your ignorance of Chinese mechanical watches is laughable. Cheap doesn't equate inferior. That is just ignorant.
    Do you even know about the ZuanShi SM1A-K? It is a near chronometer movement made in China that can be bought for less than 20usd. You really don't know what you are talking about, but I forgive your ignorance. I didn't know about Chinese watches until I moved to China.

First, I don't expect that you or anyone outside of China would spend that kind of money on a Sea-Gull. Heck, I won't even buy one for that money.
    These watches are made for the Chinese market not the international market.

Second, you can't find good Sea-Gull watches outside of China because they don't sell many outside China. That is just a fact of the marketing. Why go outside China when they have 1.4 billion possible customers?

Lastly, you aren't going to change my mind about how good Sea-Gull watches are because I know the truth, as do other members on this forum.
    I have read your posts but sea gull watches could easily be sold on aliexpress...outside of china ...

Born in San Antonio, Texas - Living in Shanghai, China

Quote Originally Posted by eddieo396 View Post
    I have read your posts but sea gull watches could easily be sold on aliexpress...outside of china ...
    Hey Eddie,

Please don't take that post out of context; that post was in reference to previous posts that were about +5000usd Sea-Gull watches, which I consider to be high-end. (see post #30, where it all started.)

Yes, you can buy some Sea-Gulls outside China but you won't see one of the very high-end Sea-Gulls for sale outside of China.

The most expensive " verifiable authentic" Sea-Gull I can find for sale on the international market is a tourbillion for just under 3K usd.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3298...38c0195fjG0LfT

The fact is that you can't even find the very high-ends for sale in the mainland on JD.com or Taobao either. These are the major online stores; well, those and Suning.com.
    Suning has the most expensive watch for a mainland online store at 16000rmb. The Inter Milan 110th anniversary fan watch:

https://product.suning.com/0000000000/10573570929.html

The only place I see Sea-Gulls over 3Kusd is on their own Sea-Gull mall website. You can only buy a watch on that website if you live in China.
    Found here:
    https://www.sea-gullmall.com/index.html

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread Information