Seagull ST6D lady automatic movement

Thread: Seagull ST6D lady automatic movement

Seagull ST6D lady automatic movement

Seagull's ST6D 23 jewels automatic movement was widely used for those fake watches. It has an accuracy of +,-45 seconds/day, but can be regulated to a much higher accuracy.

However, there are far more fake watches with a modeified ST6D than an original Seagull lady automatic watch. Even long time dealers seldom saw an lady Seagull automatic watch.

Liaoning Watch factory also made a much less common lady Beijing Railway 40th anniversary watch, and it has a rare 24 jewels ST6D movement?!

Also a fake lady Rolex is much less often seen with a slightly different ST6D movement.

Here is an image of a fake lady Rolex and a Beijing Railway lady watch. There are some details difference for the two ST6Ds. The fake Rolex probably is a later version, as it has a well made S/S case and a better made thick S/S band. I take the fake watch only for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Seagull ST6D lady automatic movement

Quote Originally Posted by soviet
    ...Liaoning Watch factory also made a much less common lady Beijing Railway 40th anniversary watch, and it has a rare 24 jewels ST6D movement?!..

...There are some details difference for the two ST6Ds...
    A difference of 1 jewel is unusual enough. Maybe the ball-bearings on the rotor mount was replaced with a jewelled bearing. The auto-winding module seems to be different in a couple of other minor details, too.

I wonder if Liaoning developed their own auto version of the ST6. It would not be difficult for them, but why would they bother? :-S
    Last edited by Chascomm; May 31st, 2006 at 03:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm
    A difference of 1 jewel is unusual enough. Maybe the ball-bearings on the rotor mount was replaced with a jewelled bearing. The auto-winding module seems to be different in a couple of other minor details, too.

I wonder if Liaoning developed their own auto version of the ST6. It would not be difficult for them, but why would they bother? :-S
    On another thread you asked if Liaoning made any other movements. I forgot that they made a lady watch movement for their Peacock lady watches. The 33 jewels standard automatic was also made by Liaoning with day, and day/date versions.There are fighter plane and jet engine factories in Liaoning, so that I think it had more engineering capabilities for making watches.

On the dial of this Beijing railway lady watch, it says 24 jewels. But like those 33 jewels automatics, some has steel ball bearings while others have jewelled ones. This 24 jewels statement may be only an advertising trick.

I checked my other fake Rolex and the Seagull lady automatic watch. They all have a similar movement like that of the Beijing railway. It is the lady fake Rolex that has a unique movement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soviet
    I checked my other fake Rolex and the Seagull lady automatic watch. They all have a similar movement like that of the Beijing railway. It is the lady fake Rolex that has a unique movement.
    I just noticed that the fake-Rolex ST6 that I posted yesterday has the same features as your Liaoning.

So I checked Sea-Gull's site and found all their ST6 models look more like your lady fake Rolex :-S

I can only guess that these variations represent a recent design revision.
    Last edited by Chascomm; May 31st, 2006 at 08:39.

Thread Information