Starking Automatic - Page 11
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Starking Automatic

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Starking Automatic

I'm curious to see how this looks out of the plastic and on the wrist. Does the dial have much texture or is it just a flat print.
    Ale De Alis likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

I haven't used it or wound it yet. I shook it and it ran. I will play with it this weekend. I will use my new Orient Howard this weekend so the Chicken watch will have to wait. It is suppose to come out once a year during the lunar New Year. That is the purpose of a lunar year watch -- actually once every 12 years, during the year of the mighty chicken.

The Roster Starking was wound up and the time was set. There is not date complication and no second hacking. Given the lack on hour indices, one has to guess the second and time. It is not the most accurate way to tell the time but more of a fashion statement. It is useful about once a year. I will see roughly how accurate it is tomorrow and how long it runs before the power reserve dies and then store it away until the lunar new year. Then it might come out to play.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ronkatct View Post
    There is not date complication and no second hacking.
    Whoa, does the Starking 4 Hz / 8 bps / 28,000 bph movement not hack, or is this movement not the 8 bps movement, or is it 8 bps but a non-hacking version while others do hack? I ask because I don't have any Starkings, but I'd not noticed any mention in other threads that Starking's 8 bps movement didn't hack. I admit I'd not read deeply about this movement, having assumed that as an evolution of the Chinese 8215 evolutions it preserved the hacking that the Chinese developments introduced.
    Chascomm likes this.

My AM1084 does hack...however, I can't open the frikkin caseback to regulate it! So damn tight as if it was 10000m water resistant.
    I even tried to freeze the case hoping that somehow the metals will have different contraction coefficients.
    I DO have a Bergeron tool, not using a hammer BTW :)
    Suggestions?
    Ale De Alis likes this.
    It's time...

Quote Originally Posted by Ipse View Post
    My AM1084 does hack...however, I can't open the frikkin caseback to regulate it! So damn tight as if it was 10000m water resistant.
    I even tried to freeze the case hoping that somehow the metals will have different contraction coefficients.
    I DO have a Bergeron tool, not using a hammer BTW :)
    Suggestions?
    Sooner rather than later, I'll have to accomplish this feat, too. With these you should be alright:

Name:  HTB1qM_FLFXXXXc_aXXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  watch-tools-gear-patrol-timewheel-02.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  69.6 KB

All my Starkings opened just fine, using a three pin case opener wrench (such as the above). And the movements of these all hacked. I've also never had keyless work trouble, not even after having removed the stem several times. That can't be said about the DG3804, which is a fine movement, but the keyless work (especially the hacking lever) is very weak.
    Ale De Alis likes this.

My Starking am0184 gold with date complication has second hacking, and it is supposedly a 28800 beats/hr watch. I have no idea about the beat rate of the Starking Rooster except that there are no hour markers, no date complications, and no second hacking.

It is a show watch rather than functional.

Put it against your ear and you'll very clearly hear the beat rate difference. The 28800 really sounds MUCH more hasty as a 21600...

It died when I checked it at about 5:00. I am not sure if I fully wound the watch as I did not want to break the spring or any part. Who knows if the declutch mechanism works. So the power reserve is under 18 hours.

I checked the sounds of the 28800 watches I have (Rolex, Tissot with 2824-2, and the other Starking) and the 21600 watches (Seiko, Orients, and Tissot with Powermatic 80) and Star Rooster is a 28800.

We can call this watch Star Rooster 28800.

The face is just painted on flat and not enameled or anything fancy smancy. It is too much to expect for $40.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information