Starking Automatic - Page 13
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Starking Automatic

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: Starking Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by JustUK View Post
    I’ve just done the same on a TM0915 with dark blue face, date at 6 o’clock, high beat movement, black leather strap. Hoping it comes through with sapphire as although the listing says hardlex, it also says “Movement: Quartz”. Also the pics of the movement show a case back that clearly has the word “sapphire” engraved on it.

I’ll post some pics etc when it arrives.

What is it with these listings - could do a better job myself - I have a lot of respect for these manufacturers but when you see some of the spelling and listing errors it’s quite sad.
    You can get yourself this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Accura...M7Qu:rk:3:pf:0

And it'll tell you the difference between mineral and sapphire in a heartbeat.
    JustUK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emily46758 View Post
    OH, yes, starking watch , one of my friend had one and its totally shinny. i want to buy too,, but considering AM0184 Im thinking about the new arrived one , they told its am0269 which is similar to NOMOS... someone have more suggetion ?Attachment 13563549Attachment 13563553Attachment 13563551
    Id avoid that model. It looks nice, but it has a fake power reserve indicator (the top dial). If youre in love with that design, then Id get the Guanqin (or even Cadisen, though I dont know as much about it) version of the homage on GearBest, which sells for around $50 USD. Guanqins Nomos Lambda homage has several reviews on YouTube, and theyre all positive. The Guanqin wont have a high beat movement, but Id gladly give up high beat in exchange for a true power reserve dial.

I have a Guanqin watch, a Longines Master Collection year calendar homage, and it has an alloy case. I wasn't too pleased with the finishing and would trust the Starking to be much better in that respect. It definitely sucks that it has no power reserve indication though. I would say if they went the extra mile and made it just the way it is with sapphire and PR indicator for double the price they would have actually climbed up the ladder and probably made more profits.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for sharing your experience with Guanqin. I would point out, though, that this particular Guanqin (the Nomos Lambda homage) has been reviewed extensively by several different and clearly legit YouTubers, and is a known quantity. All reviews have been positive. I don't doubt that other Guanqin have alloy cases, but given the above, I'd be shocked if this model did (and if it had poor finishing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    I have a Guanqin watch, a Longines Master Collection year calendar homage, and it has an alloy case. I wasn't too pleased with the finishing and would trust the Starking to be much better in that respect. It definitely sucks that it has no power reserve indication though. I would say if they went the extra mile and made it just the way it is with sapphire and PR indicator for double the price they would have actually climbed up the ladder and probably made more profits.
    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

I would be very surprised if your Guanqin GQ20022 actually has an alloy case. All the listings and YouTube reviews indicate a polished 316L stainless case. How did you determine it was alloy? Every Guanqin automatic I've ever seen has been stainless.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonReal View Post
    I would be very surprised if your Guanqin GQ20022 actually has an alloy case. All the listings and YouTube reviews indicate a polished 316L stainless case. How did you determine it was alloy? Every Guanqin automatic I've ever seen has been stainless.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Well, I did not (yet) chop a piece off, but as far as I can remember it was completely not magnetic, and the looks... But it's by no means a 100% scientifically proven or guaranteed fact. I shall have another look at it for sure, it is not a watch I wear a lot.

Here's my Guanqin... I have to say when a watch is glossy like that at all sides it is always hard to say if it is steel or alloy, it might be a really great polishing job, or just a layer of chrome. I shall open it up soon to check the insides, usually the colour there says it all. Or I can at least grind of a little sample.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Well, I did not (yet) chop a piece off, but as far as I can remember it was completely not magnetic, and the looks... But it's by no means a 100% scientifically proven or guaranteed fact. I shall have another look at it for sure, it is not a watch I wear a lot.
    Ideally, both 304 and 316L stainless steel are austenitic, or non-magnetic. Mistakes in production can sometimes lead to slight magnetism, but 316L is more difficult to accidentally magnetize.

https://greenwoodmagnetics.com/resou...ainless-steel/

The case back also reads "ALL STAINLESS". Then again, it says "Swiss Made", as well.

Ipse and HereComesTheBOOM like this.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonReal View Post
    Ideally, both 304 and 316L stainless steel are austenitic, or non-magnetic. Mistakes in production can sometimes lead to slight magnetism, but 316L is more difficult to accidentally magnetize.

https://greenwoodmagnetics.com/resou...ainless-steel/

The case back also reads "ALL STAINLESS". Then again, it says "Swiss Made", as well.

On the subject of stainless steel and Starkings, what do you believe the Starking Piaget Polo S chronograph homage to be made of? All stainless? Or stainless back with alloy case?

I know, yet by far most 316L steel samples I have are slightly magnetic, just enough to feel it when help up against a small neodymium bar magnet. I've just had a look inside the Guanqin, there is not much suspicious about it to the naked eye, and it could even be a two part casing, with a bush pressed in to it.

Only one way to tell by means I have at hand is to drill in to a lug hole and investigate some shavings under my microscope.

I may have been wrong about the material after all, and if that is the truth it is quite a nicely polished casing.

Mine looks a bit different from that at the back, says only "st.steel"...Name:  WP_20181018_10_47_18_Pro.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  4.31 MBName:  WP_20181018_10_47_28_Pro.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  4.31 MB
    Ale De Alis and HoustonReal like this.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information