Starking Automatic - Page 17
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Starking Automatic

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Doctor, the transplant was a success! I like it.
    Brightling007 likes this.

Re: Starking Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cestusrex View Post
    Doctor, the transplant was a success! I like it.

Thanks! At first I though should I even do it, then I though ah what the heck and when it was finished I started liking it more an more!

My Black Starking with metal bracelet does not autowind effectively, so I requested a return through Amazon. Starking offered to send me a replacement watch, which I accepted. Replacement arrived today and replacement whirls easily when shaken. Still not sure of accuracy yet but autowind works.

So Starking watches are not that reliable with 2 watches being borderline. I did not bother to return one, but getting the crown to be on the date changing position is tricky for the gold Starking. My Black Beauty with leather strap works well.

I now have 2 Starking Black metal bracelet watches. I can wear one on each hand.

Name:  starkingblackmetal.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  231.4 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have to report that the Starking above no longer moves with hard hand windmill movements nor with hand winding. The KING has gone back to the STAR .

But the replacement seems to be working well. I have would it up and set up the time and date. I will roughly estimate accuracy tonight when I go home and may use a timegrapher when I get one on Thursday. I may resize the bracelet (or not). I need to resize several Winner watch bracelets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkatct View Post
    I have to report that the Starking above no longer moves with hard hand windmill movements nor with hand winding. The KING has gone back to the STAR .

But the replacement seems to be working well. I have would it up and set up the time and date. I will roughly estimate accuracy tonight when I go home and may use a timegrapher when I get one on Thursday. I may resize the bracelet (or not). I need to resize several Winner watch bracelets as well.
    It'll be main spring barrel related probably. if you can get it ticking over by helping the third wheel, the it's probably the main spring that can't move due to finishing issues. you may be able to free it up by giving the bottom (escape) wheel a little push.

Bit of a shame it is only something so trivial to make a whole watch useless...

Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    It'll be main spring barrel related probably. if you can get it ticking over by helping the third wheel, the it's probably the main spring that can't move due to finishing issues. you may be able to free it up by giving the bottom (escape) wheel a little push.

Bit of a shame it is only something so trivial to make a whole watch useless...
    How do I do that? I ordered some inexpensive watch opening tools and other stuff from Amazon and the orders will arrive tomorrow and Thursday. My diamond tester arrived today and the Starking has sapphire crystal.

double post

The replacement arrived today for my TM0271. This one will not run at all, and the crystal on the caseback fell out in the box.

Hello guys. I was just wondering if anyone knew what size the dial on this watch is. Thinking about buying it for a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNeedle View Post
    Hello guys. I was just wondering if anyone knew what size the dial on this watch is. Thinking about buying it for a mod.
    This is the AM0184 dial...Name:  WP_20181129_13_34_40_Pro (2).jpg
Views: 293
Size:  1.85 MB

The TM 0915 is about 3-4mm larger...

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information