Starking Automatic - Page 19
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Starking Automatic

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Re: Starking Automatic

An Nzh35 isn't really a Seiko, it is Hattori, and that is the manufacturer of Seiko movements, so it is not all wrong, but there is a difference. If it says 7S6 or 4R35 then it is Seiko. In essence these are the same, just not the rotor, there is no Seiko watch with NH35 inscription on the rotor.

The Chinese do make these movements too, don't know where, but I have several with sterile finishing that are definitely not Japan made.

An NH35 isn't really a Seiko, it is Hattori, and that is the manufacturer of Seiko movements, so it is not all wrong, but there is a difference. If it says 7S6 or 4R35 then it is Seiko. In essence these are the same, just not the rotor, there is no Seiko watch with NH35 inscription on the rotor.

The Chinese do make these movements too, don't know where, but I have several with sterile finishing that are definitely not Japan made.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    An Nzh35 isn't really a Seiko, it is Hattori, and that is the manufacturer of Seiko movements, so it is not all wrong, but there is a difference. If it says 7S6 or 4R35 then it is Seiko. In essence these are the same, just not the rotor, there is no Seiko watch with NH35 inscription on the rotor.

That would be Jing He Industrial Company. For movements that look like the older Seiko 7s26 or 70xx series, look at the Hangzhou 2-series. Some years ago there were Orient style movements showing up in several brands which were probably sourced from Shanghai Golden Time Co, but I'm not sure if they are still being made. But on none of these have I ever seen false manufacturer's marks.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    An NH35 isn't really a Seiko, it is Hattori, and that is the manufacturer of Seiko movements, so it is not all wrong, but there is a difference. If it says 7S6 or 4R35 then it is Seiko. In essence these are the same, just not the rotor, there is no Seiko watch with NH35 inscription on the rotor.

I'm not saying it was stamped Seiko, although I didn't check there. I assume it said SII. It was more the way it was stamped very crudely rather than being tidily etched.Name:  UTB8dbYwgSbIXKJkSaefq6yasXXa5.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  115.8 KB

IMO If I was looking at the Nakzens with Japanese movements then rather than buying one for 55 with an NH35 movement that can be bought on its own for 25 I would rather go for the 75 ones that have a Miyota 9015 movement in them. For that price you are basically buying the movement and getting the rest for free as the movement is not much less on its own. A hi-beat movement as well.
    Last edited by GreenNeedle; December 2nd, 2018 at 12:35.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNeedle View Post
    I'm not saying it was stamped Seiko, although I didn't check there. I assume it said SII. It was more the way it was stamped very crudely rather than being tidily etched...
    I just did a quick Google to get an impression of the level of finish on NH35 movements as supplied to various brands, and its cosmetic standard of finish appears to be below the average for Chinese movements, certainly cruder than the Jing He JHB series movements that are the clone of the NH35. I'd say that if it looks rough, then it's the Japanese original.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

That's my experience too, the Hattori movement is finished well where it matters most, but everything where it is just cosmetic or of a lesser functional need the material and finishing are only so so. The sterile ones I have (supposedly Chinese) are a bit better and generally show even a tad more precision on the Timegrapher.
    GreenNeedle likes this.

Does anyone have any idea how long will a 25 jewel high beat starking will last ?

Quote Originally Posted by ronkatct View Post
    I have to report that the Starking above no longer moves with hard hand windmill movements nor with hand winding. The KING has gone back to the STAR .

But the replacement seems to be working well. I have would it up and set up the time and date. I will roughly estimate accuracy tonight when I go home and may use a timegrapher when I get one on Thursday. I may resize the bracelet (or not). I need to resize several Winner watch bracelets as well.
    Sad to say that the replacement AM0184 Black Starking also failed. But I got a full refund so I am happy. I also got 2 free watches that I will take apart to play. And I have 2 dececnt bracelets to swap for my Winner watches .
    GreenNeedle likes this.

Hey GreenNeedle, you are so right in paying a bit more for the Nazken since you do indeed essentially buy the 9015 and get the rest of the watch for free! My sentiment exactly when I purchased one for $85 USD.

he watch arrived and when you shake them the second hand stops for 1 second.

https://streamable.com/9epgl look this video

On another morning I found the watch stopped completely after I worned it the whole day and even handwind the crown.
    The movement is low quality !
    The back glass is Hardlex, not Sapphire, only the dial is Sapphire.
    The seller didn't want to give me some of the money back ! He gave me a coupon of 30$ to buy from his store, what a joke after I thrown 70 usd, he wants to make me buy another piece of .... !
    So I paid 72 $ for a crap that stops, that stutter during moving the hand and that keeps not the time !

Do not buy from this seller, because he doesn't care if you get a faulty product.
    SELLER NAME: LM WATCH STORE
    https://lmwatch.aliexpress.com/store...7c414c4dunroVw

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information