Starking Automatic - Page 20
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Starking Automatic

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Re: Starking Automatic

That is sad to hear, but not surprising. I'd say if you are not capable of repairing movements, or don't feel like it is useful to invest any time in then stay away from Starking.

The movement is actually for most pretty well finished and pretty high quality, just the gear on the seconds hand pinion is not.

I have bought more than ten watches through the past with this 28800 movement and at least half of them had issues, but I have managed to use them all after a good service, even the seconds hand freeze issue is possible to resolve, although not in the most professional way, but when the movement is taken apart a small amount of grease can be applied to the shaft to stabilize the moving.
    Last edited by Brightling007; December 6th, 2018 at 20:42.

Are there any inexpensive ($50+/_) Chinese watches w/high beat movements (made by whom?) that are worth buying. A few weeks ago, I had an opportunity to buy a Nakzen w/9015 for around $85 which is without saying a good deal. It is just the sub $60-$70 range that I am wondering about. Too bad about the Starking since it is their own movement. Unfortunately, I heard/read more negative than positive about it (see Brightling007 above).

Anything under $100 with high beat movement is exceptional, but under $50 is just plain bonkers. I've talked to several Chinese sellers about buying movements and they were all shocked about the SK deal, but it goes without saying this low price is 'justified' as with many other Chinese products the quality control is not great. Apparently you don't need to provide high quality to be successful, the world wide market apparently offers an endless supply of unsuspecting customers.
    Monkey_like_watch likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have just ended a two month runaround in a formal dispute with the STARKING official store on Aliexpress. Long story, but I would highly recommend avoiding that business at all costs going forward.

In a nutshell, they never shipped the watch. when i inquired as to why, they claimed it was because of strike action with Canada post (CP is still not on strike despite discussion of possible strike action at some point). This is total BS as i have gotten numerous other Ali packages during the same time frame. When pressed they then tried to get me to pay more for shipping despite there being no framework in place for me to pay more (not that i would have). Finally, when i gave up, they would not refund me until i went thru the formal dispute process with Ali.

Their customer service is a joke at best and given some of the recent complaints in terms of quality, i am going to avoid ordering any more Starking items going forward out of principle. YMMV.

I received my AM184 that I ordered on 11/11 yesterday. It has no issues and was well regulated, my timegrapher measured a beat error of 0 to .1 milliseconds and +4 seconds/day accuracy. In the real world that translated to running spot on 24 hours later. Incredible value for the 37 Euros that I paid for it.
    Brightling007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Schoen View Post
    I received my AM184 that I ordered on 11/11 yesterday. It has no issues and was well regulated, my timegrapher measured a beat error of 0 to .1 milliseconds and +4 seconds/day accuracy. In the real world that translated to running spot on 24 hours later. Incredible value for the 37 Euros that I paid for it.
    I've had a few run like that too, and still do, you're lucky!

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

I received a Starking AM0242 Rooster watch from Amazon on Friday. It came DOA, and all attempts to resuscitate it failed. It goes back today!

Last edited by HoustonReal; December 10th, 2018 at 14:40.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

I question this pricing but here it is: https://ronano-stores.myshopify.com/...oaAgsXEALw_wcB

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Quote Originally Posted by johnmichael View Post
    I question this pricing but here it is: https://ronano-stores.myshopify.com/...oaAgsXEALw_wcB
    I thought this might be the inflated shipping and handling scam, but it was free shipping. The prices are way too low. They have the Cadisen with the Miyota 9015 for $45, and the Gladster Tracer (Miyota 8215) for around $23. Those are way under the movement prices. The Cadisen C1030 is $25. It seems like it must be a scam.

Last edited by HoustonReal; December 10th, 2018 at 23:27.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

I should check my Rooster Starking. Two of my Starkings died and one has problems. The one without date works well. My rooster worked when I tested it months ago. Three out of four with problems isn't good reliability odds. Only worse was Vostok - 1 out of 1 failed - the crown came off and I returned for full refund and have not reordered.
    Ale De Alis likes this.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information