Starking Automatic - Page 21
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Starking Automatic

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Re: Starking Automatic

Yeah! King Rooster is working. I tried to wind it up and see how long it runs.

Edited to add. How long it runs in terms of power reserve and not how long it lasts till Rooster dies. I will use King Rooster once a year so it will last forever.
    Last edited by ronkatct; December 11th, 2018 at 04:24.
    HoustonReal likes this.

I think they're getting sloppy, as the odd seem to degrade. My last order were so basically doa, flawed at least.

It's not the first time in history the Chinese produced a cheap high beater with issues...

Too bad that the QC is the letdown for Starking. Starking watches are nice otherwise. They must be losing money on returns or refunds. I got 2 free black Strarkings that i did not have to return and a full refund. My gold Starking works but the wind to date set crown position is tricky. The black beauty, non-date small hand, and non date King Rooster are fine. I will stick to Winner/Forsining watches or Miyota/Nh35-36 movements. I have not had a problem with a Tongji movement except inefficient rotor. Winner/Forsining watches have horrible bracelets and straps but look great and cost a sunflower seed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Quote Originally Posted by johnmichael View Post
    I question this pricing but here it is: https://ronano-stores.myshopify.com/...oaAgsXEALw_wcB
    And it's now defunct! The scam is over, and the store has disappeared.
    johnmichael likes this.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Mine arrived today. White face brown leather strap. Worn it since it arrived and first 12 hours it is +1s. So far looking very good.
    Brightling007 likes this.

Usually when they start that well, they stay that well. Thanks for reporting, it's good to know they have a chance of coursing towards a reliable product.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkatct View Post
    Yeah! King Rooster is working. I tried to wind it up and see how long it runs.

Edited to add. How long it runs in terms of power reserve and not how long it lasts till Rooster dies. I will use King Rooster once a year so it will last forever.
    King Rooster seems to have a power reserve of about 30 hours. I am not sure if I fully would the watch. It will go back into storage awaiting the Lunar New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    Usually when they start that well, they stay that well. Thanks for reporting, it's good to know they have a chance of coursing towards a reliable product.
    Just to pick your brain a little seeing as you've explored modding options. I did buy it in the hope of modding it a bit although I'll wait for a week or so and make sure it keeps working first ;)

When you say 2824 dials fit, does the date line up in the window of a 2824 dial when fitted? Or are we talking plain 2824 dials and just fit it over ignoring the date wheel. And you say that ETA hands fit with some minor pinching necessary sometimes on the minute hand? Is it a definite no-no for fitting a miyota 82?? dial?

There are some sterile dials around in a similar size between 34.5 and 35.5 so just checking out what will fit really.

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNeedle View Post
    Just to pick your brain a little seeing as you've explored modding options. I did buy it in the hope of modding it a bit although I'll wait for a week or so and make sure it keeps working first ;)

When you say 2824 dials fit, does the date line up in the window of a 2824 dial when fitted? Or are we talking plain 2824 dials and just fit it over ignoring the date wheel. And you say that ETA hands fit with some minor pinching necessary sometimes on the minute hand? Is it a definite no-no for fitting a miyota 82?? dial?

There are some sterile dials around in a similar size between 34.5 and 35.5 so just checking out what will fit really.
    The SK Series hand sizes are 1.52/0.90/0.25

http://www.starkingwatch.com/upload/...01708/1813.pdf

Name:  Chinese movements.PNG
Views: 254
Size:  110.0 KB
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonReal View Post
    The SK Series hand sizes are 1.52/0.90/0.25

http://www.starkingwatch.com/upload/...01708/1813.pdf

Name:  Chinese movements.PNG
Views: 254
Size:  110.0 KB
    Many thanks for that. It is a useful doc, I have the .pdf version already with the ETA ones at the end on my HD at the moment. Just need clarification on the date window now, although I don't mind covering the date up if a non date dial takes my fancy.

To update on the watch after 24 hours. Timekeeping is good. First 24 hours with 8 hours off the wrist and left face up overnight was +4s............then I thought I would handwind it and noticed a strange thing. When the seconds hand is inbetween 5 and 20 the seconds hand jumps forward in quartz-like movements while you wind, then sweeps while you reposition your grip then jumps forward again while you wind. Doesn't happen when the seconds hand is away from the crown area. Very strange :) Was still +4s after I wound. Maybe it holds the seconds and then it release all the "sweeps" it missed!!! Don't like the idea of that. Seems that might cause stress problem inside so I won;t hand-wind it anymore just in case.

So I've reset the time now to my EcoDrive and will check the +/- again tomorrow.
    Last edited by GreenNeedle; December 13th, 2018 at 14:26.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information